Makos Art Thread

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

Tennogen/3dart: updates:

gonna throw this summation up of projects im planning for this year

1: kabuto[helm/skin]

2: nyx succubus[two versions tennogen and personal]

3: Ember Pele

4: Nova Empress

@arch111 some ideas ive had since playing with 3dcoat, i can alter UV  depths without altering 3d objs in 3dcoat giving the illusion of an altered body but not really doing so , would this get red flagged? you think? 

also i think i figured a way to get tail/skirts ect into tennogen, create them as a syandana to go with that model later on 

38 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

Tennogen/3dart: updates:

gonna throw this summation up of projects im planning for this year

1: kabuto[helm/skin]

2: nyx succubus[two versions tennogen and personal]

3: Ember Pele

4: Nova Empress

@arch111 some ideas ive had since playing with 3dcoat, i can alter UV  depths without altering 3d objs in 3dcoat giving the illusion of an altered body but not really doing so , would this get red flagged? you think? 

also i think i figured a way to get tail/skirts ect into tennogen, create them as a syandana to go with that model later on 

Good list of items. GOod luck with them all and may Completion shine its blessed Light upon you!

As for UV-depths, you mean the Normals?  The models all share 1 UV-map to fit all skins and and rigs. We can't mess with that.

If its Normals that's good.

I am honestly not sure how UV-depths work but it sounds like a risk of breaking some of the files that DE use.

If it do work however, just how big change are you talking about here?

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

Good list of items. GOod luck with them all and may Completion shine its blessed Light upon you!

As for UV-depths, you mean the Normals?  The models all share 1 UV-map to fit all skins and and rigs. We can't mess with that.

If its Normals that's good.

I am honestly not sure how UV-depths work but it sounds like a risk of breaking some of the files that DE use.

If it do work however, just how big change are you talking about here?

I think this explains it better 

Spoiler

but overall im going to take my time with each. project.

the thing i was thinking is that i could in theory alter body forms using this methodology to fit my style without breaking the forms , an illusion of sorts 

26 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

tennogen , mini projects for a few people ,personal art

seems about right

not full but  time is still RNG

Good, good, having your hobby become full time can cause problems. Annoying that you can't predict how much time you have, but, eh, nothing's ever completely perfect.

Edited by Unus

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

I think this explains it better 

Hide contents

but overall im going to take my time with each. project.

the thing i was thinking is that i could in theory alter body forms using this methodology to fit my style without breaking the forms , an illusion of sorts 

I got how it works in 3d coat. Now the question is if Warframe uses displacementmaps that the Engine can render?

Just now, arch111 said:

I got how it works in 3d coat. Now the question is if Warframe uses displacementmaps that the Engine can render?

per the tennogen guides 3dcoat is suggested in programs, so i assume they use it [soem of the recent designs reflect some of the functions ive seen 

i stripped nidus to OBj and he is mostly displacments like this that i can tell for his inner details, but as you say the question is the limit to do this

also oddly enough on emeber model in 3dcoat it auto places head and body as separate units, were zbrush and core do not for me, i have to manually cut and separate them?

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

per the tennogen guides 3dcoat is suggested in programs, so i assume they use it [soem of the recent designs reflect some of the functions ive seen 

i stripped nidus to OBj and he is mostly displacments like this that i can tell for his inner details, but as you say the question is the limit to do this

also oddly enough on emeber model in 3dcoat it auto places head and body as separate units, were zbrush and core do not for me, i have to manually cut and separate them?

Interesting. We need to know this.

In zbrush the models are solid untill they are Split to parts.

They are grouped in Maya to be treated as one OBJ plus all textures get arranged in the same spaces.

If 3d coat splits them by default,  that might cause problems so take a care there!

6 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Interesting. We need to know this.

In zbrush the models are solid untill they are Split to parts.

They are grouped in Maya to be treated as one OBJ plus all textures get arranged in the same spaces.

If 3d coat splits them by default,  that might cause problems so take a care there!

-i suck at explaining this-

basically there is a object root and two sub objects derived 

[root ]-main [full obj]

-body

-helm 

when i export this to an object its one solid entity of head or body or both based on how i select export 

uvs are also split into separate categories depending on this selection 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

ah, i have a few , but was wondering if it was specific server lol xD

Sall alien to me, to used to the permanence and balance of my Moshpit. Place is kinda weird.