Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE losing its touch with console community. Is that changing anytime soon?

Yeah, that's right.

See, we got an additional Baro that PC never got, a repeat, because DE or the whoever careless person assigned to that task couldn't foresee how long they would take to update us. What was the repeat? The astral twilight, vermillion storm expensive ugly sentinel mask one. That's right, they didn't even think to bring a useful repeat one, had to bring the worst. That was last week.

You guys at the PC front started complaining a few days into the same Sortie season amirite? Well, we're stuck more than 2 months with the same sortie season. You complain about 25 R5 cores? We at the console side cry of joy when we get them. I made it my personal goal to build 30 karak wraiths, I'm almost there.

Why am I writing this only now?

See, our updates were sent to cert the 22nd Mars; Sony never took more than 5 business days to bring them to us, not even the 11gb one, which they brought to us in record speed by the way, 3 business days, it was Christmas, you know, when everybody is willing to spend a little more, coincidence? I don't think so. 

So it's all good, we are for a fact way more Tolerant, but nobody was expecting not to see the update this week. They only went as far as saying 'things don't look good to deploy it this week'.

What. The. Hell. After through all of the aforementioned crap we go through we get no explanation? The least we deserve is WHY. Are you waiting because you want a simultaneous console release in detriment of whoever passed cert first? Is it because it got denied? Because I sure as hell can't believe Sony is taking double the amount of time to cert something half as big as the 2nd dream, which they did in 3 days. So, did it not pass cert?

Why the communication with the console community is so terrible?

I mean, from a business perspective the attention we get doesn't reflect the profit generated by us, not by a long shot. We get one line of communication every 2 weeks.

DE is losing touch? More like DE has always been at arms length due to the self-restrictive nature of consoles and their parent companies. Making something work equally for two children who have both built forts with big signs saying the other is not allowed can be tricky sometimes.

Something does feel off, for a good 7 month period there, we were rocking on consoles, they got updates out really fast, usually within 2 weeks of PC release, and were never more than a month behind PC's build. It was glorious, and I was praising DE left and right. Then 2nd Dream hit... after that, it's felt dead to be honest, like we can't get an update to save our lives. They haven't had a slowdown this bad this I started an account on PS4, which sucks b/c I enjoy playing my PS4 account more than my PC account, but seeing such a difference in content again kinda blows.

just check the update thread. It's pretty clear it passed cert when Drew last updated it. DE was just not ready to deploy it this week. The devstream also showed that DE is sorry about the wait. It sucks, but we are going to get it next week. I don't see any other ulterior motives.

Not being able to rationalize the delay does suck. It makes it hard to stay positive. BUT if you watch the dev stream (72) it does appear that they are genuinely and sincerely apologetic. 

We just need to switch gears from ...unfair waiting game.... TO ...hype... Cause the hype over The Sands of Inaros, dex weapons, trinity deluxe skin and etc... has about faded for me :(

49 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

DE is losing touch? More like DE has always been at arms length due to the self-restrictive nature of consoles and their parent companies. Making something work equally for two children who have both built forts with big signs saying the other is not allowed can be tricky sometimes.

While I'm not complaining about the length of time, saying that either MS or Sony is responsible for this specific situation is, quite frankly, asinine and a lie.  Sony and MS require the build to reach certification before they can go through it.  Our last build was put in for cert 2 months ago.  That 2 month span of absolute silence from DE on the console front, especially when coupled with the fact that they had not one, but two, large events on PC in the interim is the issue.

An interim build would have made this entire problem non-existent but, instead, DE chose to wait and send a larger build to cert.  Let's stop just blindly blaming the parent companies of the consoles and put the responsibility where it belongs at this point.  Because, realistically, nothing about this extended wait has been because of Sony or MS.

58 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

Restrictive in comparison to PC? Always and expected.

Restrictive in general? Not at all; Someone recently posted a link of when PS4 was released and how its lack of 'pay-to-update' and 'fast nature of cert process' would allow Warframe to update almost as fast as they'd like making it the platform of choice for WF, at that time. Naturally not as fast as PC, but not too far behind.

Let me shed some light on you: DE started working on the port 2 months after we got our last update. It's two months the console team was doing barely anything, if anything at all. That's the problem I have, the console team does nothing for two months, I don't even wanna think of which kind of contract they have but the way it seems, it's not the same as everybody else's. 

The problem:

My gripes? Lack of care, you see, there's nobody thinking that we might get a repeated Baro, the same sortie season for two months and a half, the lack of anniversary items, JUST because they didn't think of it, because they forgot, I mean, we're in this boat for 3 years almost, it's disheartening to say the least, I'm a vet with 3k hours.

THEY and only THEY made the choice to update us every 2 months so I am sorry, but they have to think ahead when it regards us. Either that, or update more often, Sony has proven capable to go thru the cert process of an 11gb update in 3 days; it's clear they're not the ones at fault.

DE, like others said, said to be sorry in the Devstream for not being able to update us this week, i appreaciate it, there's no need to say sorry though, just tell us what the problem is then we can try, at least try, to feel empathic. 

26 minutes ago, (PS4)thefndodge said:

OP, I noticed you have an ember prime avatar. Remember the never ending wait for U14? This ain't that bad.

Even though I play since the very beggining, I would be lying if I said I remember. But see, that's kinda the problem, DE doesn't aim to improve those times, they're as irregular as ever, we got many slow ones, many fast ones; they're the ones they decide it and I just want them to establish a goal. 

PC players get pissed if they go through a second Thursday without update. We? We don't even know when to expect stuff, we just know that after 2 months we start getting pissed, but that's still a far cry from mobilizing them to change thing once and for all, they just keep being irregular without perspectives.

We never got a repear Baro. So hey, they got it right at first, shouldn't be a problem, there's no way to screw something you've been doing right, right? Nope.

They forgot to give some holiday colors in the past, and the reasoning behind giving us said holiday colors, outside of holidays, was stronger than that of giving those godammed colors to people that didn't receive them because DE forgot. Welp, ok that was first year, DE managed to give us these colors at the right time later, but, guess what, they forgot to give us sonicor christmas skin this last christmas AAAND baffle, they still didn't give us! Why? Cause it ain't chirstmas. So they forget, it ain't christmas, our problem, k, then.

They never failed to give us anniversary items at the same time as PC, shouldn't be a problem in future anniversaries right? No.

This irregularity, lack of perspective, lack of will to make stuff better for us, is what pisses me off.

I appreciate what they do, but they do it for PC, we get a port of it.

There ARE things that must be done FOR consoles, namely, a better communication, what the hell console team does besides porting when asked to, which is more often than not 2 months later than PC.

I completely disagree.

compared to a lot of Devs, DE are very in touch with console players, in fact I didn't even expect them to say anything about the update before the Devstream, yet Drew told us that the update was going to be huge and that's one of the reasons why it's taking so long. yes, the cert process sucks the massive Donkey D, but would you rather them keep giving you glitchy, broken and downright unplayable content? or would you rather wait for a pristine update with minimal problems? not much of a choice if you ask me.

4 hours ago, (PS4)DanteVincent said:

but nobody was expecting not to see the update this week

actually I did, or at least I bet on it, because I knew it would be too soon, and there's other issues like the Azima Alt Fire bug that needed fixing, and stuff for PC that still needs creating.

be patient Tenno, I know it's a long wait, but we're so close to the end now, please don't spoil it by whining.