Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Modding War (PC)

Nyxery

Question

I've been playing around with different mods, but still not sure what's best.

I want to mod my War for maximum reach and damage to use on any frame as "OH SHI*" button in case something gets too close/I run out of ammo somehow, with added benefit of being able to use it for room clearing (tempo royals sweeping attacks, cleaving whirlwind spin).

Setup I came up with so far:

Pressure point, 2 crit mods, primed reach, primed heavy trauma, berserker, and 2 options - corrosive combo or collision force+fury.

It is still in testing, would appreciate any suggestions/help.

On side note: I don't have melee combo mods yet. Once I have them I guess I will replace crit chance with crit chance from combo.

Edit: yes, I plan to use combo mods only on my "melee mainly" loadouts. For rest - just flat bonuses will do better IMO (maybe only keep berserker).

Edited by Krysaex

4 answers to this question

Reach is kind of debatable. If you're trying to avoid getting too close to something, you're going to end up close enough anyway whether you like it or not. Range isn't that bad on most heavy weapons to begin with. Crit is pretty good, so Berserker should be good enough for speed. Tempo Royale is my favorite, as the first attack is two sweeping hits. It does pause your movement a bit when executing those two hits compared to other weapon classes, but not much compared to other heavy melee. 

When it comes to combo mods like Blood Rush and Body Count, it really depends on how you're going to use it. If you only intend to use it in panic situations, like reloading or getting too close to something, they are pretty irrelevant. It will matter if you intend to switch to it directly or are doing anything a bit more melee oriented.

7 minutes ago, direcyphre said:

When it comes to combo mods like Blood Rush and Body Count, it really depends on how you're going to use it. If you only intend to use it in panic situations, like reloading or getting too close to something, they are pretty irrelevant. It will matter if you intend to switch to it directly or are doing anything a bit more melee oriented.

+1 this 
I tend to run my melee outside of infested as LS beat sticks, as I prefer my guns. For me, the combo count doesn't some into play with such a usage. 

I personally think reach mods are only good on Orthos prime since it is the main point of the weapon, I will take that off and put something like Fury and since impact damage isn't that great VS anything that doesn't have shields I will replace collision force with an elemental mod so you basically have:

Pressure point, Combo mods (once you get them, for now True steel and Organ shatterer will do fine), Fury, Primed Heavy Trauma, Berserker, Elemental combo.

Also a word about the combo mods, only use if you tend to do a long survival run with mostly melee and even more if it is infested as if you are only going to use the quick attack the combo counter won't do anything to you.

Edited by Gamer3548