Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Miasma & Spore Buff

(PSN)StarDustKillah

You get from poison scaling bonus damage per spore, which cross-spreads on detonation and adds a additional poison chance per detonated spore...

Just, lets say attacking 20 poison infused enemys with miasama spreads a minimum of 100 instances of poison which do damage by themselfes and participate on the bonus damage of the next cast.

Does this count?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

6 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

You get from poison scaling bonus damage per spore, which cross-spreads on detonation and adds a additional poison chance per detonated spore...

Just, lets say attacking 20 poison infused enemys with miasama spreads a minimum of 100 instances of poison which do damage by themselfes and participate on the bonus damage of the next cast.

Does this count?

No. That's waaay too minuscule .

I'm saying for each & every spore. That is caught in the detonation. Miasma gets a raw damage multiplier.

Would encourage using more Power Range & would also give a bigger cash out in damage. 

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that though.

Edited by (PS4)StarDustKillah

I cant show you this screenshot exactly, it was on a very high level defense with a banshee, trinity and an equinox

But i have this personnal screenshot, it was on a solo survival

So i think she can deal more damage with the correct team: P5GW0jM.jpg

Edited by IamTheSparta

1 minute ago, IamTheSparta said:

I cant show you this screenshot exactly, it was on a very high level defense with a banshee, trinity and an equinox

But i have this personnal screenshot, it was on a solo survival

So i think she can deal more damage with the correct team: P5GW0jM.jpg

So you did that without using Miasma?

The only thing that bothers me about Saryn's damage output is that Spore itself doesn't scale so the only thing it does at high levels is the viral proc, and of course buffing the damage on Miasma. I wish it was more viable to drop spores and let them spread around for a while but it's always better to drop Miasma as much as possible. For a long duration DoT like spore to remain relevant at high levels it needs to scale off enemy health. And I don't value the viral proc itself very highly because I can easily do that with my weapons.

Edited by Inmemoratus

I'm gonna go out on a limb... and say they must've stealth buffed her on PC.

B/c you can't do that on Consoles right now(Just hoped into the Simulac) Not that well anyway, with 238% Strength & 123% Duration anyway.

But even then... her Miasma should hit harder than spore. It is her ultimate anyway

Just now, (PS4)StarDustKillah said:

B/c you can't do that on Consoles right now(Just hoped into the Simulac) Not that well anyway, with 238% Strength & 123% Duration anyway.

But even then... her Miasma should hit harder than spore. It is her ultimate anyway

Nah, try it, you'll see, the 700k spore burst was coming from a PS4 player

7 minutes ago, (PS4)StarDustKillah said:

It does hit harder. Spore does 20 DPS per spore while Miasma does 350 per tick for 4 ticks, so 1400 base before toxin or viral is taken into account, or before you add any power duration. So you'd need 70 spores on a target to match that DPS. That's just not gonna happen. Spore does terrible damage by itself, although it lasts a while. Only real reason to use it is for mass spreading viral and the toxic status interaction it has. And of course both of those properties buff Miasma's damage a lot.

I've never actually paid attention to the damage numbers on my Miasma because it kills stuff even at level 100 if I set up all the viral and toxin. Killing stuff is good enough for me. I couldn't care less what the damage numbers say.

Edited by Inmemoratus

41 minutes ago, (PS4)StarDustKillah said:

So can Miasma currently hit someone for more than 700k?

"No" but Miasma pops all the spores in range so if your doing it right (everyone is spored and has a high toxin proc), you can Miasma->Miasma pops spores->Spores deal multiple 700k bursts to everyone in their blast areas.

12 hours ago, Inmemoratus said:

It does hit harder. Spore does 20 DPS per spore while Miasma does 350 per tick for 4 ticks, so 1400 base before toxin or viral is taken into account, or before you add any power duration. So you'd need 70 spores on a target to match that DPS. That's just not gonna happen. Spore does terrible damage by itself, although it lasts a while. Only real reason to use it is for mass spreading viral and the toxic status interaction it has. And of course both of those properties buff Miasma's damage a lot.

I've never actually paid attention to the damage numbers on my Miasma because it kills stuff even at level 100 if I set up all the viral and toxin. Killing stuff is good enough for me. I couldn't care less what the damage numbers say.

Except Toxin procs stack so that "only reason" is the vast majority of saryns damage potential. All the spores she pops with a toxin proc active spread 25% of the total toxic on any given target to everything in range for each spored target. The damage of spores (if used properly) far outstrips what Miasma can do. (Miasma stops killing heavies, even viraled/toxiced heavies, before level 80, which means this matters. Those heavies are my batteries, I stack toxic on them specifically and refresh spores on them 2 or 3 times to kill everything else nearby without actually needeing to pay attention or waste energy on Miasma unless I need burst)

30 minutes ago, ForumPirate said:

Except Toxin procs stack so that "only reason" is the vast majority of saryns damage potential. All the spores she pops with a toxin proc active spread 25% of the total toxic on any given target to everything in range for each spored target. The damage of spores (if used properly) far outstrips what Miasma can do. (Miasma stops killing heavies, even viraled/toxiced heavies, before level 80, which means this matters. Those heavies are my batteries, I stack toxic on them specifically and refresh spores on them 2 or 3 times to kill everything else nearby without actually needeing to pay attention or waste energy on Miasma unless I need burst)

But I mean, Miasma is how you pop everything and cash in all your damage. So what's wrong with that?

It's super expensive, it needs molt for maximum impact so it's even more expensive, when it works and kills most things in range makes me cast spores again so it's even more expensive, and the type of enemies it's going to kill (barring something like Draco farming) are almost universally weak enough that simply shooting them or doing the regular spores/toxic lash thing would butcher them anyways.

I've played her a bunch in endless missions and some in sorties and raids too. IT's nice when she needs to burst for some reason and happens to already be set up (not things that overlap very often in my experience) but it usually ends up being a waste of time and (a lot of) energy because burst isn't really what she's good at.

If there is a trinity nearby it's exactly the opposite. Once you're set up just cast ot as soon as it wears off over and over to kill everything. Doesn't usually take long.

2 minutes ago, IamTheSparta said:

You dont know what you are talking about, sorry. Her burst in endless and long missions is huge. Just take a look at my fcking screenshots please, LOOK

Her sustained damage ramps up infinitely to eventually surpass anything any burst frame could ever do in any period of time. That doesn't mean she has burst damage, it takes a long time to get that far and it's dependant on many, many stacks of toxic applied over a long period of time, which is the very definition of sustained.