The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Toxic behaviour of a large number of Forum Members and Why i wont be Returning

IRVoidGuru

52 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

does any 1 in this world anymore really care about looking foolish? there are 7 billion people on earth . even your foolish to someone else , who cares? . id say this would be another example of a post that has nothing to do with the subject but at least u said 1 word on topic so your infinity X better then the other Examples iv Quoted

Sadly you missed you point. The word Toxic has a specific meaning, it does not mean what this topic is about.  Use the correct word if you want a debate and say what you mean using the English language.

Toxic = 

: poisonous, venomous, virulent, noxious, dangerous, destructive,harmful, unsafe, malignant, injurious, pestilential, pernicious,environmentally unfriendly; More

Try learning to speak English before you post or you are one of the fools.

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

That's funny how you tell other people to learn english and mocking them, while also providing the meaning of "toxic" that only shows that OP was right the whole time (harmful, unfriendly, malignant). Just need to look at you and some other replies that got posted here. That is pure toxin.

i had mentioned this as a problem in one of my previous comments . it is toxicity leading to more toxicity witch is why i feel as getting off of here may be a good idea . talking with some of these people can change you over time and the example you Quoted is not how i want to be

3 minutes ago, (PS4)JackRavensog said:

Sadly you missed you point. The word Toxic has a specific meaning, it does not mean what this topic is about.  Use the correct word if you want a debate and say what you mean using the English language.

Toxic = 

: poisonous, venomous, virulent, noxious, dangerous, destructive,harmful, unsafe, malignant, injurious, pestilential, pernicious,environmentally unfriendly; More

Try learning to speak English before you post or you are one of the fools.

...toxic is actually the correct word for this.  i.e. you are being poisonous, venomous and noxious towards the OP. 

Maybe you should make sure your grasp of the English language is adequate before trying to belittle someone else. 

I kind of see where the OP is coming from, but threads like that will only perpetrate more toxic behaviour. If you're unhappy about the forums that's fine, but meta complaints lead nowhere and make you look like the bad guy. It's much better if you just stop posting without making a fuss, otherwise you also add your share to said toxicity.

Obligatory /inb4lock, I can already see what's going to happen to this thread.

9 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I kind of see where the OP is coming from, but threads like that will only perpetrate more toxic behaviour. If you're unhappy about the forums that's fine, but meta complaints lead nowhere and make you look like the bad guy. It's much better if you just stop posting without making a fuss, otherwise you also add your share to said toxicity.

Obligatory /inb4lock, I can already see what's going to happen to this thread.

iv already gotten plenty of feedback . this post can be locked at any time and id be ok with that . i never expected to even comment back here . coming back to read the comments was a whim that im glad i had , im very happy with the feedback iv gotten as it has shown me that as much as what i posted is here it is not the whole forum. When i was Ready to abandon this place the player base then and only then surprised me and were openly willing to prove me wrong constructively. the behaviors i mentioned were pointed out here repeatedly and done so kindly . my hope has been restored slightly in these forums. as iv gotten plenty of replies back about how i was wrong about the forum admins. with all of the comments saying so . i cant say iv been here long enough to know as well as them and tbh , after re-looking at the "fix easy mode tonkor" post under weapons the posts that i was talking about being unchecked are actually now gone , I Admit I was Wrong . it may take them more time then we would like but they do work and get things done. my opinion on how some of the people here act on the other hand hasn't changed . simply i feel as if i should look farther before saying "most" players here are like this

Edited by (PS4)IrSchm33

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Welcome to the forums ;P

OP = Original Poster. So the thread starter...or it means overpowered.

Meta-complaint = Complaining about other users behaviours which has nothing to do with the game itself.

Hope i could help!

No problemo.

I have over 4K posts yet I never knew what OP (Original poster,not overpowered) meant.Wow....... *facepalm*

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Onyx Guarrd said:

"It's a shame that Devs feel more comfortable posting cool upcoming stuff regarding their game on their personal social media accounts as opposed to on this site."

Yeah that's a lot of developers really.

Any chance that this is because of the general toxicity of many forums?

I actually knew Devs for 2 different AAA MMO's and that the exact reason why they didn't post on the official forums much.

Compare that to MH2015/6 forums where some devs do and some don't but the Admins work to keep the forums from going too toxic. Results in alot more Dev player interaction.

...Not saying the Admins here don't do the work as well. I am saying that I don't feel they are consistent across the board.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)JackRavensog said:

those words do not mean that behaviour. Man you need educating

12 minutes ago, (PS4)JackRavensog said:

try reading a book then you will see these words in context. it would be a starting point for you

Try to make sure that the connection between your mind and that submit reply button isn't too short.

Also, if you're talking about anything but a book about the Warframe forum termniology, I think your advise isn't well suited

So it seems like the main takeaway from the original post is just bashing on nerf threads. Nerf threads are *not* inherently toxic

Nerfs and buffs are two sides of the same coin, and they both have a place in the game. Perhaps you disagree with what precisely these nerf threads are saying -- but your opinion that item X doesn't need to be nerfed is absolutely no more valid than another person's opinion that item X should be nerfed.

Everyone has the right to express their opinions, and the devs can act on them how they wish.

1 minute ago, Hemmo67 said:

inb4lock

also what did i just read and was it supposed to make sense or create healthy feedback? :|

considering both things were present im not sure what your implying other than you being an example of something not helpful to any subject posted?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

iv already gotten plenty of feedback . this post can be locked at any time and id be ok with that . i never expected to even comment back here . coming back to read the comments was a whim that im glad i had , im very happy with the feedback iv gotten as it has shown me that as much as what i posted is here it is not the whole forum. When i was Ready to abandon this place the player base then and only then surprised me and were openly willing to prove me wrong constructively. the behaviors i mentioned were pointed out here repeatedly and done so kindly . my hope has been restored slightly in these forums. as iv gotten plenty of replies back about how i was wrong about the forum admins. with all of the comments saying so . i cant say iv been here long enough to know as well as them and tbh , after re-looking at the "fix easy mode tonkor" post under weapons the posts that i was talking about being unchecked are actually now gone , I Admit I was Wrong . it may take them more time then we would like but they do work and get things done. my opinion on how some of the people here act on the other hand hasn't changed . simply i feel as if i should look farther before saying "most" players here are like this

If you want the thread locked, you can report your original post and request a lock, or contact a com mod with a link to this post and request a lock. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

Take a visit around the other sides of the forums before you take a break.Seems like you never visited them before I guess.

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

So it seems like the main takeaway from the original post is just bashing on nerf threads. Nerf threads are *not* inherently toxic

Nerfs and buffs are two sides of the same coin, and they both have a place in the game. Perhaps you disagree with what precisely these nerf threads are saying -- but your opinion that item X doesn't need to be nerfed is absolutely no more valid than another person's opinion that item X should be nerfed.

Everyone has the right to express their opinions, and the devs can act on them how they wish.

The main idea of this thread was for IrShm33 to share his views on this community and the way he felt about it.

Now this thread is starting to become a meta-thread and people start discussing details as wording, together with the fact that OP requests a lock, I say:

Lock it up

1 minute ago, (PS4)OMGITSNUKERXD said:

Take a visit around the other sides of the forums before you take a break.Seems like you never visited them before I guess.

i can admit iv spent less then a week here and it was nothing but bad until literally this post. if that in itself isn't bad enough

5 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

considering both things were present im not sure what your implying other than you being an example of something not helpful to any subject posted?

it's a meta thread.

they make no sense nor help developers or create healthy feedback for devs to use