Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does status mods add to physical damage

IrrationalLogic

Question

So for example I have north wind mod installed on my dakra prime. It deals an additional 80% cold damage. And for example I have 100 slash damage. If I install the north wind mod will the mod add to physical damage like e.g physical damage becomes 180 without procing the status effect? 

13 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, IrrationalLogic said:

So for example I have north wind mod installed on my dakra prime. It deals an additional 80% cold damage. And for example I have 100 slash damage. If I install the north wind mod will the mod add to physical damage like e.g physical damage becomes 180 without procing the status effect? 

Nah. You will get 100 Slash and 80 (80% of 100 base damage, this case slash) cold damage.

3 minutes ago, IrrationalLogic said:

Like would the cold damage instantly deal physical cold damage or would it have to proc to deal the damage? 

There is no "Physical cold damage". You will deal your normale slash damage + the additional cold damage on EVERY HIT. The procs only add additional effects like bleed proc from slash or slow enemies from cold proc. You won't have to proc to deal the additional damage though.

Cold damage will be applied along with the other damage types on the weapon. The status proc is the slowing effect using Northwind as the example.

If you want to increase the chance of popping the slow effect, you'll want to increase the status chance on it.

5 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Nah. You will get 100 Slash and 80 (80% of 100 base damage, this case slash) cold damage.

There is no "Physical cold damage". You will deal your normale slash damage + the additional cold damage on EVERY HIT. The procs only add additional effects like bleed proc from slash or slow enemies from cold proc. You won't have to proc to deal the additional damage though.

holdon.....u don't need to proc to get the damage boost? X_X

oh boy i gota change builds on all my weapons ;_;

Impact Slash Puncture (IPS for short) are physical damage types.

Elemental Damage is Elemental Damage type.

Elemental Damage is always taken into account when you use a weapon, and getting the right combos for what you are fighting will boost your damage by a large margin.

Elemental Status Effects are dependent on your Status Chance.

If your weapon has low status chance, typical you just add the big elemental damage mods (the ones that at max rank give %90 damage of an elemental type), and combo them up to give the most damage increase. Status Chance mods are for weapons which have a higher status chance, those tend to make use of dual stat mods, ones that add damage and status chance.

Its all rather confusing at first, but bigger numbers translate to more damage, getting the right combo for the faction you are fighting will further increase the damage.

9 minutes ago, IrrationalLogic said:

Oh thank you for the clarification icecoldhawk. So on every hit the cold damage is applied and the proc is the slowing effect. Since I have crimson dervish on my dakra prime it will multiply the cold damage by 3x too right? 

Yep.