Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Melee Weapon Ideas (kinda)

Hayabusa97

It's about time the syndicates had melee weapons since they already have an MR6 secondary and and MR12 primary. For the Melee weapons, they will be MR3 and I'm gonna try to keep them consistent with their weapon themes. Also, I'm gonna need someone to draw these because I have no digital art programs. Also, I'm not gonna mention the weapons' polarities or Finisher damage. Feel free to come up with your own ideas and stats for these (I'm not the best at making them)

Steel Meridian (Grineer Weapons)
Weapon: Vaykor Dual Cleavers
Description: These blades have been reforged to be lethal combat weapons instead of butcher tools
Attack Speed: 1.02
Normal Damage: 70
Impact: 10
Puncture: 10
Slash: 50
Critical Chance: 30%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 10%
Slam Attack Damage: 100
Radius: 1
Slide Attack Damage: 250
Wall Attack Damage: 175

Weapon: Vaykor Jat Kittag
Description: This massive jet powered hammer is a symbol of justice courtesy of Steel Meridian
Attack Speed: 1.0
Normal Damage: 150
Impact: 120
Puncture: 20
Slash: 10
Critical Chance: 20%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 30%
Slam Attack Damage: 300
Radius: 10
Slide Attack Damage: 270
Wall Attack Damage: 215

Arbiters of Hexis (Boltor Series or Honor based Weapons)
Weapon: Telos Boltace
Description: These bladed Tonfas were built to pass judgement and spread the truth
Attack Speed: 1.0
Normal Damage: 100
Impact: 10
Puncture: 80
Slash: 10
Critical Chance: 10%
Status Chance: 40%
Slam Attack Damage: 100
Radius: 1.5
Slide Attack Damage: 650
Wall Attack Damage: 360

Cephalon Suda (Cephalon Weapons, We need a Cephalon designed melee weapon so this is a placeholder)
Weapon: Synoid Plasma Sword
Description: Rebuilt by Suda, this longsword is both very swift and very sharp thanks to its electromagnetic blade
Attack Speed: 1.05
Normal Damage: 55 (Magnetic)
Impact:
Puncture:
Slash:
Critical Chance: 25%
Status Chance: 35%
Slam Attack Damage: 50 (Magnetic)
Slide Attack Damage: 100 (Magnetic)
Wall Attack Damage: 240 (Magnetic)

The Perrin Sequence (Corpus Weapons)
Weapon: Secura Serro
Description: This energy saw has been remade to combat the Perrin Sequence's enemies
Attack Speed: .945
Normal Damage: 90 (Electric)
Impact:
Puncture:
Slash:
Critical Chance: 7.5%
Critical Multiplier: 1.5%
Status Chance: 30%
Slam Attack Damage: 175 (Electric)
Radius: 5
Slide Attack Damage: 215 (Electric)
Wall Attack Damage: 150 (Electric)

Red Veil (Assassin Weapons)
Weapon: Rakta Karyst
Description: An extremely deadly weapon of assassination coated in a deadly toxin
Attack Speed: .95
Normal Damage: 80 (toxin)
Impact:
Puncture:
Slash:
Critical Chance: 15%
Status Chance: 25%
Slam Attack Damage: 120 (Toxic)
Slide Attack Damage: 120 (Toxic)
Wall Attack Damage: 165 (Toxic)

New Loka (Nature or Sacred weapons or something, I dunno)
Weapon: Sancti Tipedo
Description: This spade is the main weapon of New Loka's honor guards
Attack Speed: 1.35
Normal Damage: 65
Impact: 5
Puncture: 5
Slash: 55
Critical Chance: 25%
Status Chance: 20%
Slam Attack Damage: 125
Radius: 5
Slide Attack Damage: 140
Wall Attack Damage: 120

Weapon: Sancti Redeemer
Description: This nature themed gunblade is deadly at any range
Normal Damage: 90
Impact: 12
Puncture: 28
Slash: 50
Critical Chance: 5%
Critical Multiplier: 1.5x
Charge Attack Damage: 1200
Pellets: 10
Slam Attack Damage: 150
Slide Attack Damage: 220
Wall Attack Damage: 275

That basically sums up my ideas, even if they aren't the best ideas and I kinda had to make up some ideas. I kinda want to see everyone else's ideas and statistics for the weapons (considering I more or less made them straight upgrades to their older counterparts). I dunno how often this topic comes up since I'm not on these forums very often.

Edited by Hayabusa97
Karyst edit

I would love the syndicate Tipedo

As for steel meridian...

Not the dual cleavers they already have an augment AND we also already have 2 dual cleaver variants. Also the prisma dual cleavers could end up being better than the vaykor ones. I feel like jat kitty fits best because:

1:Steel symbolizes justice, and Jat Kittag is a hammer and hammers look like gavels in a court

2: Their proc is a blast proc so why not an explosive melee? Also steels syndicate bomb opens enemies to finishers and hammers have bonus finisher damage. Synergy

3. Bailiff defectors wield them

4. Steel meridian loves Hard hitting weaponry (Hek and marelok) so it fits their theme of brute force

5. It would be a very versatile loadout. Marelok for sniping, Hek for taking out heavys in close quarters, and Jat for Crowd control

6. It doesn't have an alternate variant yet

It must happen. It would be so great

1 hour ago, Cashbag said:

I would love the syndicate Tipedo

As for steel meridian...

Not the dual cleavers they already have an augment AND we also already have 2 dual cleaver variants. Also the prisma dual cleavers could end up being better than the vaykor ones. I feel like jat kitty fits best because:

1:Steel symbolizes justice, and Jat Kittag is a hammer and hammers look like gavels in a court

2: Their proc is a blast proc so why not an explosive melee? Also steels syndicate bomb opens enemies to finishers and hammers have bonus finisher damage. Synergy

3. Bailiff defectors wield them

4. Steel meridian loves Hard hitting weaponry (Hek and marelok) so it fits their theme of brute force

5. It would be a very versatile loadout. Marelok for sniping, Hek for taking out heavys in close quarters, and Jat for Crowd control

6. It doesn't have an alternate variant yet

It must happen. It would be so great

That sounds like a fair point, so I'll make a separate entry for a Vaykor Jat Kittag in the SM category

1 hour ago, Cashbag said:

Also telos boltace shouldn't be a status weapon. Would you really use an IPS (Especially Puncture) based status weapon? Its the worst physical status in the game

TBF I never understood why they never made the Boltace a crit weapon instead of a status weapon (other than to keep the Boltor theme of high damage and status at the cost of crits and because the Soma series already has the deadly crits) or why they made Puncture procs so wimpy (30% less damage doesn't make much of a difference)

Edited by Hayabusa97

I'm loving the vaykor jat kittag's stats as it will finally compete with War. Also War is a heavy melee (which have faster animations than hammers) and has access to Tempo Royale (which also brings great multipliers) so it's pretty balanced that the jat will have better stats

Edited by Cashbag

So I'm guessing the Vaykor Cleavers can't use the cleaver mod. Not sure I like that very much. We already have prisma cleavers, so I don't see the point.

Vaykor makes sense.

I want you to know that it's strange for melee weapons to exceed 25% status or crit.

Why not Synoid Prova? Say that Suda found out what's up with Prodman's Prova.

Sancti Tipedo? Ew. Tipedo has always been mysteriously overrated. Why not Sancti Redeemer?

44 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

So I'm guessing the Vaykor Cleavers can't use the cleaver mod. Not sure I like that very much. We already have prisma cleavers, so I don't see the point.

Vaykor makes sense.

I want you to know that it's strange for melee weapons to exceed 25% status or crit.

Why not Synoid Prova? Say that Suda found out what's up with Prodman's Prova.

Sancti Tipedo? Ew. Tipedo has always been mysteriously overrated. Why not Sancti Redeemer?

I can add the Sancti Redeemer, but the Synoid melee weapon is only a placeholder until we get a Cephalon melee weapon (likely a knife where you stab someone and you get all their data). Also I am aware that Justice Blades won't work, so I made it do twice the base damage of the standard (max rank Justice Blades gives you 100%+ damage, or 2x damage)

Just now, Hayabusa97 said:

I can add the Sancti Redeemer, but the Synoid melee weapon is only a placeholder until we get a Cephalon melee weapon (likely a knife where you stab someone and you get all their data). Also I am aware that Justice Blades won't work, so I made it do twice the base damage of the standard (max rank Justice Blades gives you 100%+ damage, or 2x damage)

Cephalon Cordylon has expressed interest in obtaining Prodman's Prova for further examination. (I'm not kidding.)

4 minutes ago, Anaphaxaton said:

Imo the buff of a Telos Boltace ought to be pure slide attack damage with a pinch of attack speed. Otherwise I'd approve everything except the plasma sword.

Made the edit, though the reason I didn't purely go with slide attack damage is because one can't constantly rely on it all the time even if it does stupid amounts of damage.

1 minute ago, Hayabusa97 said:

Made the edit, though the reason I didn't purely go with slide attack damage is because one can't constantly rely on it all the time even if it does stupid amounts of damage.

You're right, but at the same time I feel that in a way the point of most weapons in game that have the very highest of anything is just that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2016 at 0:13 PM, Hayabusa97 said:

Red Veil (Assassin Weapons)
Weapon: Rakta Karyst
Description: An extremely deadly weapon of assassination coated in a deadly toxin
Normal Damage: 65 (toxin)
Impact:
Puncture:
Slash:
Critical Chance: 15%
Slam Attack Damage: 120 (Toxic)
Slide Attack Damage: 120 (Toxic)
Wall Attack Damage: 165 (Toxic)

Just a suggestion

Why dont the base toxin buffed around 70 or 75 and the proc chance should be 25% for a better chance?

2 hours ago, Specter42 said:

Wad? That's too high just for a syndicate melee weapon

First, secondary wepons are MR6, srimary wepons are MR12, and they probably work by tier of 6 ranks.
So, 6 > 6+6=12 > 12+6=18.

Next, MELEE wepon are usally better that all primary and secondary. You can't OS a lvl 135 eximus corrupted bombard with your syndicate primary wepon, but you can with a lot of melee wepons, and not necessarily with the highest tier. Melee wepons have a really high unexploited potential.

And finaly, DE always give us more powerful wepons and I think they will not desapoint us with bad syndicate wepons.

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

First, secondary wepons are MR6, srimary wepons are MR12, and they probably work by tier of 6 ranks.
So, 6 > 6+6=12 > 12+6=18.

Next, MELEE wepon are usally better that all primary and secondary. You can't OS a lvl 135 eximus corrupted bombard with your syndicate primary wepon, but you can with a lot of melee wepons, and not necessarily with the highest tier. Melee wepons have a really high unexploited potential.

And finaly, DE always give us more powerful wepons and I think they will not desapoint us with bad syndicate wepons.

If the DE place the weapon on MR 18 , it would be the highest weapon with MR requirement