Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zip lines and crouching

Anyone else find the zip lines very annoying when using guns and you go to reload and it jumps you onto the zip line instead?  Maybe the should make it where you can only jump on at the start of the zip line?  Also and idk if this happens to anyone else but i go to slide towards an enemy and it stays in the crouched position, i checked options and toggle isnt turned on

Edited by (PS4)compliantj5k
Misspell

Sounds like a console controller issue. While the 'action' button can also reload, we have a separate button for reloading, crouching, and actions.

Jumping onto a zipline just means you were too close to it when you reloaded. Only time I've seen it was picking up power cells in excavation too close to a zipline.

Yea i can say it isnt a controller issue i know that much for sure, and as for the zipline it doesnt matter where im standing underneath the zipline he will jump straight up and onto it.  Personally i find the ziplines pointless but i guess ill just try reconfiguring my reload button and see how that goes

10 hours ago, (PS4)compliantj5k said:

Yea i can say it isnt a controller issue i know that much for sure, and as for the zipline it doesnt matter where im standing underneath the zipline he will jump straight up and onto it.  Personally i find the ziplines pointless but i guess ill just try reconfiguring my reload button and see how that goes

How is it not a controller issue?

On PC we have no such problem as Reload is R and to go on a zipline it's hold X.

This is a controller issue occurring because controllers are much more limited to how many buttons it have in comparison with a keyboard, it is however not a PC compared with Console issue. There are PC players who uses controllers and those have the same issue.

For item being picked up the game recently had a addition that if any action can be taken near a zip line then the zip line will be lower on the priority. I am however unsure if reloading vs zip line was added into this and to be honest it may not even be something a few people want.

inb4 lock.

this was only a problem for me when I went for the Miter by doing the phobos assassinate. really annoying when the ziplines stop you from reviving a team-mate or reloading your gun, all while Vor spams Void energy and Kril empties a full magazine of Gorgon ammo your way.

try to keep it civil though, eh guys?