Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Montes, Venus bugged? Or just Archwing parts?

Mkilbride

Question

So, I want to get new Archwing weapons. Haven't played in awhile, and Golem is a *@##$ even with my potatoed Imepritor.

I got Fluctus, but I heard Velictous is best in general.

So I go after it. 3 runs in, I get the Barrel. Hurrah. I look at the wiki, both the other parts drop here.  Also on two mobile defense missions I can get the reciever. 

My 5th run, I get Phaedra receiver. For many runs, I get no part at all.

I'm over 50 runs in at this point, about 9 barrels, 3 Phaeadra Receivers. No stock, no receiver for Velictious. This is absurd.  DE, you yourself said all items have an equal chance to drop, but it's pretty obvious it's in favor if barrels. 

Did the Mobile Defense 5 times - got no parts at all. Last time I seriously played Archwing was when it was introduced in 2014...since then I've rarely played Warframe, let alone Archwing. I have Itzal though, clan tech and all...anyways, the list of Archwings and Archwign weapons themselves are small, and besides one primed mod, the mods available for Archwing have been the same for almost -two- years, so I still have pretty much all the Archwing & Archwing mods, or 95%.

Archwing isn't incredibly fun, and worse drop rates than Void isn't helping.   It'll soon be two years since Archwing released - and what?  You've left it to rot. It had potential, but now it's just wasted resources.  You have to stretch out the minimal content this way.

I talked to someone earlier who had 300 runs of the mission, he had 30 barrels, 2 stocks, and no receivers.  "Equal chance" Yeah.  Ok. 

Edited by Mkilbride

9 answers to this question

As most of this cases, RNG gets every single one of us.

When I wanted to ge tthe Phaedra I had to run for ~40 times, I already owned Velocitus and got other three full sets before getting what I wanted. It's been a long time, granted, but I highly doubt the drop chances has been modified that much since the receiver is only dropped there.

not really related, but FYI - Archwing Weapons are all pretty much 'meh' unless you use Corrosive Damage.
Corrosive Damage is the only viable Damage Type in Archwing. just use it.

if you wanted to use Imperator, you could so long as you have Base Damage, and Corrosive Elemental. Multishot is nice since it has a very high RoF.

12 minutes ago, Ditto132 said:

I maxed my Grattler and some melee while trying to get Velocitus. I find that Imperator Vandal seems better than Grattler.
Not sure what AW stuffs worth potato.
I have yet to do Jordas quest.

3 minutes ago, Ditto132 said:

is there a comparison using Imperator Vandal?

I don't have mine multi forma'd, but plugging in the mods on WF builder can kinda illustrate things. The Imp Vandal has good sustained DPS at good range, the Grattler on the other hand empties it's whole clip in 10 seconds for massively more damage at short range. It's better at burst, and that's the point. Velocitus can also do that in about 2-4 shots when maxed.