Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Scope worth?

Flying_Jimbus

Question

Ive been on the fence about buying Argon Scope. I like the idea of a Soma that can red crit, but only 35% chance to doesnt sound that impressive. Also, are any of the other acolyte mods useful? Tell me what some of you use these mods for and if I should or shouldnt get them. 

Edited by Mizore_Shirayuki

3 answers to this question

Depend on the weapon.

On a weapon like dread it's probably not worth it, but on something like the dex sybarys it red crit every 2 hit.

On the soma prime you could get 115% crit chance, it's not that amazing but at least each bullet will crit, and red crits are really powerful.

And as acolyte mods, the ones that increase crit damage are pretty powerful (and easy to trigger)

Can't really tell you how much argon Scope is worth, but when I see people trying to sell it looks too expensive most of the time.

For the Soma it not gives the weapon a chance to red crit, but it also makes sure that all the other hits are crits and that's also really good. The thing is, that if you are using argon scope you are pretty much giving up the option of fitting in a utility mod like reload speed into your weapon or ammo mutation. If you just want more damage you can just use another elemental mod on most weapons that argon scope is good on and you are just fine. Sidenote, on explosive weapons like the tonkor the effect is pretty much active all the time.

Also as far as I can tell you only get the bonus crit chance after you hit the enemy and the headshot that activated argon scope doesn't get the bonus. When using multishot, the second shots seems to benefit from the bonus. I haven't done a lot of testing, but this seems to be how ti works. This makes argon scope less effective on weapons like sniper rifles or bows, because you with these you probably want to kill the enemy with the first shot.

The one weapon where I really really like argon scope is the Dex Sybaris, because I don't like using heavy caliber on it, so the bladed rounds/ argon scope combo is really good and fun to use.

Other than that the best acolyte is probably body count. It allows you to actually stack your melee combo, so in a solo survival mission you can easily get a 3x multiplier. However this has 2 major downsides. This mod is only really useful when you go melee only and even in solo survivals I found it to be not that easy to keep the combo up. Whenever you want to pick one of the focus bonus thingies or you have to pick up life support you can end up in a situation where no enemies are nearby, so your combo breaks anyway. And then in a group with other people or in a mission type where you don't get to stack it at all you might aswell use another mod.This mod doesn't work with hysteria and it only works with exalted blade if you actually hit the enemy with the blade, so you probably wouldn't use it there either.

If you are using body count you should also consider using blood rush. You can get a lot of melee weapons to red crit with this mod. The thing is, that it's similar to crit mods on rifles. If you use both body count and blood rush (and without body count blood rush is pretty much useless) you don't have a lot of slots left on your weapon. Because the multiplier on bloodrush is applied after the other crit mods you also want true steel and because you crit so much you also want organ shatter. As a result the build usually looks like pressure point, berserker, element1, element2, body count, blood rush, true steel, organ shatter. That's 8 mods, so you can't use something like life strike or primed reach without giving up a lot of damage or attack speed.

For those who do have body count and bloodrush I should probably mention that you can become basically permanently invisible by using the naramon focus. It has an ability that allows you to become invis for a few seconds after criting an enemy in melee. If you do that you are pretty much permanently invisible, even in a nullifier bubble.

Finally I am using hydraulic crosshairs on my lex prime and you could probably use the shotgun mods on the vaykor hek, but then you have even more other mods you could use.

Overall you can do some really nice stuff with these mods and red crits are always fun, but usually another mod will do just fine or better than the acolyte mods.