Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls 3 discussion thread

TheErebus.

Just now, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

That's very NICE! Thanks for sharing. 

We should have other customizable items like ability to color capes or cloth over armor with numerous sigils to choose. That would be cool.

wrong game lol. i remember in dark souls 1 and 2 you needed to mod your game to get different colored armors. sadly it's not as open to customization as warframe.

1 hour ago, LordOfScrugging said:

where are you now btw?

Extinguished the flames and entered wolf's place and checked in at the bonfire last night. Fried the crystal lizard, killed the single knight, ran away from the ugly with the cross and killed the dark knights then faced the boss and died. That's a ridiculously fast boss! Just as I died I think I saw his twin spawn. Really, a TWIN?! I'm going to kill them next week.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Extinguished the flames and entered wolf's place and checked in at the bonfire last night. Fried the crystal lizard, killed the single knight, ran away from the ugly with the cross and killed the dark knights then faced the boss and died. That's a ridiculously fast boss! Just as I died I think I saw his twin spawn. Really, a TWIN?! I'm going to kill them next week.

Yea. 3 of them actually spawn. So it's the main one, one that has alot less life than the main one, and one that has red eyes. the red eye one attacks the other two so he can separate the two. it's a really fun fight. you can get his greatsword. I just killed that boss on new game plus.

53 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Yea. 3 of them actually spawn. So it's the main one, one that has alot less life than the main one, and one that has red eyes. the red eye one attacks the other two so he can separate the two. it's a really fun fight. you can get his greatsword. I just killed that boss on new game plus.

Okay. Thanks for the tip. 

3 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

You can also back stab them if you manage to get behind them. there is another tip.

If they're rolling past you, you can also back stab them (when they're at certain angles [about 30 degrees left/right from facing you]).

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

The song for the final boss was perfect beyond all account, even though I died countless times to crappy FPS screwing up my dodging. - It highlighted the tragedy that is the Soul of Cinder, but its not just the end of the Cycles of light & dark, this is not just the end of an Age of Fire. Even though there is plenty of DLC content to explore ahead of us, it doesn't change a single fact.

Its the end of Dark Souls in general. Its the end of something truly special.
And that bloody final boss summed it all up perfectly, from fighting him & gitting gud, to listening to the soundtrack over and over, to the final cutscene.

Other games may rise in its likeness, but there will be only one Dark Souls experience.
And I'm just thankful that I could tag along for the ride & see it through to the bitter end.
Anyone else echoing the sentiment?

Edited by InfiniumV
Original comment not perfect enough.

55 minutes ago, InfiniumV said:

The song for the final boss was perfect beyond all account, even though I died countless times to crappy FPS screwing up my dodging. - It highlighted the tragedy that is the Soul of Cinder, but its not just the end of the Cycles of light & dark, this is not just the end of an Age of Fire. Even though there is plenty of DLC content to explore ahead of us, it doesn't change a single fact.

Its the end of Dark Souls in general. Its the end of something truly special.
And that bloody final boss summed it all up perfectly, from fighting him & gitting gud, to listening to the soundtrack over and over, to the final cutscene.

Other games may rise in its likeness, but there will be only one Dark Souls experience.
And I'm just thankful that I could tag along for the ride & see it through to the bitter end.
Anyone else echoing the sentiment?

You know, they pretty much merged Demon Souls with Dark Souls. The npcs have so many similarities (i.e Yuria as Mephistopheles, Karla as Yuria the witch)

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

3 hours ago, InfiniumV said:

You know, if they made a dark souls style game in a sci-fi setting, i'd probably :poop: myself. we've already got a sort of medieval setting in dark souls, a Gothic European-esque  setting in bloodborne, would be interesting if there were a more sci-fi setting as well.

1 hour ago, LordOfScrugging said:

You know, if they made a dark souls style game in a sci-fi setting, i'd probably :poop: myself. we've already got a sort of medieval setting in dark souls, a Gothic European-esque  setting in bloodborne, would be interesting if there were a more sci-fi setting as well.

Deadspace, except it needs to be more punishing.

3 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

I'm personally seeing alot of people using the wolf knight torso with mixed up armor pieces. in this case it's just the helm you changed.

I know .-. Gonna pull that screenshot back until I come up with something better

Edited by Skycook3y

2 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Attempt number 2

Also is it just me or is the darkmoon captain breathing really loudly?

i don't really stick around long enough to hear her breath. also have you managed to get summoned if you're a blue sentinel or blade of the darkmoon

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

i don't really stick around long enough to hear her breath. also have you managed to get summoned if you're a blue sentinel or blade of the darkmoon

Sadly no, it's probably because nobody uses way of blue or that nobody at my soul level / equipment grade uses way of blue.

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

it's kinda sad :/ two covenants useless cause of a useless 3rd covenant

Ye. Also, have you noticed that you get pale tongues even if you don't wear the rosarias fingers covenant?

5 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Ye. Also, have you noticed that you get pale tongues even if you don't wear the rosarias fingers covenant?

i've only gotten that once. ofcourse you get pale tongues if you invade and beat the host regardless of the covenant you're in. Rosaria's fingers is probably the easiest covenant to level up.