The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn, whats the point.

(PSN)official_79

2 hours ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

I got 36k focus from 4 rounds of draco using excalibur. So still there is no reason to choose Saryn. 

And you failed to answer the question in the quote

Look at the picture on that post.

Is that 78k focus?

40 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

Look at the picture on that post.

Is that 78k focus?

it is. though as you can see the circumstances are much different. 3 leeches with CP, saryn getting all the kills, and god knows however many greater lenses

There was a lot more effort put into it, and im sure I can replicate a similiar outcome

All of you Saryn haters just don't know how to utilize her. She is probably my favorite frame and I nuke the living day lights out of anything and everything. The ONLY problem is Corpus and that is ONLY because Nullifiers screw up spreading my spores. But then, what frame do Nullifiers not screw with?

Edited by (XB1)CFE Requiem

16 minutes ago, (XB1)CFE Requiem said:

All of you Saryn haters just don't know how to utilize her. She is probably my favorite frame and I nuke the living day lights out of anything and everything. The ONLY problem is Corpus and that is ONLY because Nullifiers screw up spreading my spores. But then, what frame do Nullifiers not screw with?

This is exactly the wording that I was talking about that actually felt 2 things, either being baised to stop Saryn getting another rework that requires too much work to go around with, or you are trying to stop players from whining about her synergetic rework.

3 hours ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

But what the damage the enemies are doing? Can she reliably set up while under fire from high level enemies? 

She have no issue surviving until level 80 - 90 foes, then you have to start relying on avoidance more, but it is still easily manageable. My group usually runs with a Saryn in the Sortier and even on the third one she wipes the "map" clean with very little effort.

She may have less damage resistance than Excaliber. But she can deal so much more damage than him and in a wider area, her main drawbacks are low to mid tier enemies as they die to fast to get any decent stacks of Toxin on them or if they are outside her spread range and she takes a while to learn how to play. She is also so much more fun to play than Excaliber, although i guess the definition of fun is different for everyone.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Saryn_Prime/t_30_3322400030_2-4-10-4-7-5-5-1-5-16-9-5-34-8-5-411-2-10-471-5-3-479-3-10-481-0-10-539-6-3_481-7-5-5-411-8-479-7-2-6-471-9-539-9-4-9-34-14-16-11_0/en/1-0-44/86943/0

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Saryn_Prime/t_30_3322400030_4-6-5-5-1-5-6-7-5-12-3-5-34-8-5-46-5-5-49-4-7-411-2-10-481-0-10-613-9-5_481-7-5-5-411-8-12-6-49-7-46-11-4-9-6-11-34-14-613-9_0/en/1-0-44/86942/0

This is the sort of build you should be using. Read the description to utilize it properly. You should be soloing T4 Survival or doing more dmg than a Radial Javelin Excal on Draco (without having to bring EV Trin) with each respective build (Use GAS Ignis, Haiku Prime, and life strike melee for the best effect).Unless you regularly go past level 70 enemies, Saryn is one of the best (If not the best) Warframes for killing massive amounts of enemies quickly and applying HUGE status proc debuffs. I regularly get at least 1000 kills on Draco in PUG's without having to look for Radial Javelin Excalibur and EV Trinity. In the end, it comes down to enjoyment and playstyle. If you really don't like Saryn, don't use her. 

You will be missing out on a fun and highly efficient Warframe though =)

Well I know some of us play Saryn for fun. But generally I agree OP's PoV on Saryn. Her synergy is not synergy but dependency. Synergy means 1 works well, 2 works well too, but you put 1 and 2 together they work even better. The case in Saryn is that her 4 is useless without other abilities and it is clumsy that you have to set up everything beforehand for an ult to work normally. And not to say her abilities work poorly when on their own. P4TW is not good for a game but I don't think "Press many buttons repeatedly to win" will do any good to the game too. It's just exhausting to play her as a non die-hard Saryn fan.

6 hours ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

I got 36k focus from 4 rounds of draco using excalibur. So still there is no reason to choose Saryn. 

And you failed to answer the question in the quote

78k Focus for 4 rounds of draco here.. Saryn is the real hard dpscannon now

6 hours ago, (PS4)rarjunr said:

Is there a reason why you don't use regenerative molt or steel fiber?

Most builds that I see usually have 1 if not both of them.

I move around a lot and always have molt up to draw aggro. 

The occwsional hit can be compensated by rejuvenation

5 hours ago, Freelancer27 said:

Just a little guess.

People are baised that they see Saryn got reworked (nerfed) that they didn't want her to get a second rework that makes her even more complex and useless than she is now in Sortie-level gameplay.

As if old saryn would have a place in sorties.

Why do we get these anti-Saryn topics again and again? She can be really useful in high level missions. If you don't like playing her - don't do it. If you think other Saryns are bad - that doesn't mean she's weak, maybe that person just don't know how to use her. And if they are playing good and you still don't like it, then it's your problem.

I love to use Saryn specifically for interception and defense missions against enemy levels thirty-five or lower.

With a max range venom build you can wipe waves without moving, and seeing all those viral numbers pop on screen is seductive.

Not every frame has to excel in the meta to be considered useful.