Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie assassination

(PSN)gamerpie12

Question

So, I keep hearing about these on the forums so I have to ask.

I know in the patch it says that sortie assassinations only have a chance to spawn as the last sortie but so far, how often would you say they have been appearing?  More than half the time, less?  (A guessed percent if you can)

I just want to know seeing as most of the posts I've seen have either been horror stories or recommendations to use the cheesiest of the cheese tactics.  And I typically don't like either.

9 answers to this question

I have no stats but I'd say 1/3 of the time so far. It's really not that bad. I find the best strategy is hit them, avoid being hit, bring extra ammo just in case. Since they're lvl100 it'll take longer to do the mission. Some bosses still drop pretty easily though. For today's boss (on PC) as an example, Lephantis used to scale with your group and would exceed lvl100 sometime after he was released, so people have fought him like this before.

Assassinations have only been able to be a sortie mission from about... Sibear update? I think. Can't remember, as I only recently got into Sorties. I'd say their assassinations about 25% of the time, but I really can't make a good guess. 

Assassinations started with sortie season 6.  It's day 14 and I believe we've had four six: Vay Hek, Ambulas, Kela Whatsername, Phorid, Lech Kril, and Lephantis.

Edited by Buff00n
It's day 14, math is hard, forgot two bosses

I'm actually pretty happy with having an assassination at the end of sorties. They give a more raid-like feel. It's the superbuff that comes with it.

I had a team help me with Vay Hek. We all ran out of ammo before he even had a quarter of health down.

Then he started regenerating.

1 hour ago, Buff00n said:

Assassinations started with sortie season 6.  It's day 14 and I believe we've had four: Vay Hek, Ambulas, Lech Kril, and Lephantis.

We also had Kela de Thaym (and Phorid I think. cant remember this one clearly) 

Edited by xShun