Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR minimum for draco

(PSN)ffaddict789

Question

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, (PS4)ffaddict789 said:

So I recently started a PC account. I've been on console for 2 years so I know draco is the spot for leveling quick. I try to get a taxi but no one bites. I figured this was because they thought I was inexperienced but is it truly that draco has a MR minimum requirement?

Not MR, mods. 

To be effective in the "traditional" sense with Draco (i.e. with the meta combos that really make it a fast thing), you need to have some quite hefty mods in your frame (e.g. corrupted mods to give full range to cover map with some abilities), so you have to have a frame with at least a potato, and probably a few forma as well. 

People talk about "Draco" as if it's easy, and while in one sense it is (some of the things some frames do is "press 4" - although, e.g., doing things like EV Trin actually requires a bit of work in terms of targeting mobs), you do have to be a reasonably experienced player with some good moddage under your belt to do it effectively in the sense of contributing to the team effort. 

A Draco done by a team that knows what it's doing is a wonder to behold, goes very fast and brings great bang for the buck in terms of time spent over weapons levelled.  A crappy Draco with people who don't know what they are doing can either be a PITA or can go south quite fast.  (The thing is, you can play Draco "normally" easily enough if you're kitted out with full weapons and have generalist mods in your frame, but to do fast, "proper" Draco, you're not really set up for that, so if things go south with inexperienced players, it can turn into a mess pretty quickly, because people aren't really kitted out for the "normal" way of playing it.)

That's why "leeches" aren't much appreciated.  Generally speaking I avoid Dracos formed by n00bs with lvl 0 frames and lvl 0 gear expecting to be "carried" (unless they ask politely in Recruit and are upfront about it).  I enjoy Dracos with experienced players who know what they're doing and have at least one fully effective weapon for if things go wrong.  It's the "polite" way to do Draco.

Edited by Omnimorph

4 hours ago, Omnimorph said:

Not MR, mods. 

To be effective in the "traditional" sense with Draco (i.e. with the meta combos that really make it a fast thing), you need to have some quite hefty mods in your frame (e.g. corrupted mods to give full range to cover map with some abilities), so you have to have a frame with at least a potato, and probably a few forma as well. 

People talk about "Draco" as if it's easy, and while in one sense it is (some of the things some frames do is "press 4" - although, e.g., doing things like EV Trin actually requires a bit of work in terms of targeting mobs), you do have to be a reasonably experienced player with some good moddage under your belt to do it effectively in the sense of contributing to the team effort. 

A Draco done by a team that knows what it's doing is a wonder to behold, goes very fast and brings great bang for the buck in terms of time spent over weapons levelled.  A crappy Draco with people who don't know what they are doing can either be a PITA or can go south quite fast.  (The thing is, you can play Draco "normally" easily enough if you're kitted out with full weapons and have generalist mods in your frame, but to do fast, "proper" Draco, you're not really set up for that, so if things go south with inexperienced players, it can turn into a mess pretty quickly, because people aren't really kitted out for the "normal" way of playing it.)

That's why "leeches" aren't much appreciated.  Generally speaking I avoid Dracos formed by n00bs with lvl 0 frames and lvl 0 gear expecting to be "carried" (unless they ask politely in Recruit and are upfront about it).  I enjoy Dracos with experienced players who know what they're doing and have at least one fully effective weapon for if things go wrong.  It's the "polite" way to do Draco.

I agree. Since I got the 75% at log in a while back I do have the best mods and a war melee build that I usually use for high level content and I come with Valkyr or Nehza to the party. And in my experience I can last with a level zero frame with the best of anyone Since I have the right mods and as long as I do have that 1 banging weapon. Problem is no one wants to listen. I'm MR 16 on console and have almost every mod maxxed and at least 5 different arcane sets. I would say I know what I'm doing after 400hrs easy on WF but getting through to people that think MR is everything is rough. So since your on PC add me and help a Tenno out!

18 hours ago, Omnimorph said:

... you need to have some quite hefty mods...

People talk about "Draco" as if it's easy, and while in one sense it is ...  you do have to be a reasonably experienced player with some good moddage under your belt to do it effectively...

... Draco with people who don't know what they are doing can either be a PITA or can go south quite fast.  ...

These are the key points.  Super super important.

As long as you're bringing something awesome, you can help the team.  Even a rank 0 frame, if equipped with a max aura and redirection/vitality can survive the first round.  I've had my squad slaughtered though, when everyone else joined randomly assuming that everybody else would be equipped with uber gear.

If you're ranking up a weapon, have a good frame and an awesome backup weapon.  If you want to bring all unranked weapons, please stay away from Draco unless your frame is so overpowered that you KNOW you could solo most of the mission.