Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CheatCodeGenerator?

Cyborg-Rox

So my Youtube channel just got spammed by a bunch of identical comments saying this:

Spoiler

Hello, We were offering gift coupons worth $100 of amazon, itunes and google playstore to 10 random people from comments. Claim your gift voucher : [link removed] (Expiry Date : 1st May, 2016)

It seemed very dodgy at first, but looking at the website, I'm not sure, it looks and sounds pretty legit, so I'm posting about it here to see if anyone else knows about this. I don't want to risk anything here, so if you've dealt with this before, and know about it, please tell me. Legit, or virus?

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

3 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

wants you to download something after giving you half a code so I say no.

Hmm, well alright. I know there's at least one actually legit website you can get some free money on Steam, but can't remember the name...

7 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Hmm, well alright. I know there's at least one actually legit website you can get some free money on Steam, but can't remember the name...

Take teh abcmouse offer. It's the original legit website and only requires to try the free trial. Obviously cancel the moment that you get it unlocked. $100 steam is what I went for.

27 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

Take teh abcmouse offer. It's the original legit website and only requires to try the free trial. Obviously cancel the moment that you get it unlocked. $100 steam is what I went for.

Tell me more of this abcmouse offer you speak of

2 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Tell me more of this abcmouse offer you speak of

After a few slides on the 2nd survey area it will tell you to complete a gold reward. ABCmouse is $0.00 just opt in(it is the legitimate website of ABCmouse) get the free trial then cancel it right after it unlocks.

I used to do this with all the offers that included netflix.

As for phone number I used the local radios one and address.

Just now, OverlordMcGeek said:

After a few slides on the 2nd survey area it will tell you to complete a gold reward. ABCmouse is $0.00 just opt in(it is the legitimate website of ABCmouse) get the free trial then cancel it right after it unlocks.

I used to do this with all the offers that included netflix.

As for phone number I used the local radios one and address.

could you go into detail? i'm getting 3 choices :get free samsung galaxy s7, new apple watch, and do you fly delta

4 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

could you go into detail? i'm getting 3 choices :get free samsung galaxy s7, new apple watch, and do you fly delta

Must be random. I got a turbotax offer for the first area. After that it was a random "survey" that I just closed. Then the ABCmouse one.

4 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

So my Youtube channel just got spammed by a bunch of identical comments saying this:

Reveal hidden contents

Hello, We were offering gift coupons worth $100 of amazon, itunes and google playstore to 10 random people from comments. Claim your gift voucher : http://bit.ly/1SCJ8Hk (Expiry Date : 1st May, 2016)

It seemed very dodgy at first, but looking at the website, I'm not sure, it looks and sounds pretty legit, so I'm posting about it here to see if anyone else knows about this. I don't want to risk anything here, so if you've dealt with this before, and know about it, please tell me. Legit, or virus?

3 hours ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

Must be random. I got a turbotax offer for the first area. After that it was a random "survey" that I just closed. Then the ABCmouse one.

2 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

i did everything and nothing worked for me :(

It's a typical survey BS. Don't let yourselves get fooled by the design of the website. Surveys are always gonna be fake trying to bait unexperienced users to pay. Oh and the "user experienced comments" are fake too. You know, the people who say it worked for them and saying you must be sure to enter your real data. Ahahaha, very pathetic, really.

2 hours ago, Valteria. said:

hesoyam

buffmeup

aezakmi

uzumymw

Edited by IceColdHawk

35 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

It's a typical survey BS. Don't let yourselves get fooled by the design of the website. Surveys are always gonna be fake trying to bait unexperienced users to pay. Oh and the "user experienced comments" are fake too. You know, the people who say it worked for them and saying you must be sure to enter your real data. Ahahaha, very pathetic, really.

aezakmi

uzumymw

McGeek apparently got the full code though. don't know what she'd gain from lying about it

Edited by LordOfScrugging

4 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

McGeek apparently got the full code though. don't know what she'd gain from lying about it

I can only see her trying it. I don't read her getting the "price".

Do you really think you can just get free stuff up to 100$ that easily? 

I just noticed at the steam gift cards things at the third text down: "...and you will be writing it on a peace of paper" rofl.

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

I can only see her trying it. I don't read her getting the "price".

Do you really think you can just get free stuff up to 100$ that easily? 

I just noticed at the steam gift cards things at the third text down: "...and you will be writing it on a peace of paper" rofl.

from her words, she said she got the code and redeemed it. I tried, didn't get anything so idk.

7 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

from her words, she said she got the code and redeemed it. I tried, didn't get anything so idk.

Did she secretly pm ya praising her price?

4 hours ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

$100 steam is what I went for.

She went for it. Just like you did apparently. Probably just a case of misinterpreting. She never got that $100 i can assure you that.

Also why would you ever choose the  $20 or $50 card when there is a $100 card when all are equally "free"? And why can't you click on "Reply" at the user comments on the "download" page? And why are the comments all the same on every offer (itunes, steam, google shop)?  Dude, totally everything is fake and bs on that. You see suspicious but very good smelling offers and read the word survey? Fake.

1 minute ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Never, ever go to links posted my bots...

Scammers everywhere XD

Exactly.

Edited by IceColdHawk

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Rkpayne07 said:

This seems like the very thing that scammers are trying to do, post something and hope to get some debate some random gaming forum. If so, then they have won.

Or, it could just be a random guy that questions the legitimacy of it. You know, because it's not that hard to question!

You really think I'm trying to scam people by asking them if they know whether or not this one site is a scam?
Me, a Warframe veteran, MR21, 3k Forum posts and 5k reputation, played for over 2 years.

Well, if it makes you feel better, I'll remove the link. How about that?

2 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Or, it could just be a random guy that questions the legitimacy of it. You know, because it's not that hard to question!

You really think I'm trying to scam people by asking them if they know whether or not this one site is a scam?
Me, a Warframe veteran, MR21, 3k Forum posts and 5k reputation, played for over 2 years.

Well, if it makes you feel better, I'll remove the link. How about that?

I was not trying to imply that YOU were the scammer, I was implying that the person who originally spammed your youtube with the link would be the scammer. I really don't care weather or not you should've taken down the link (I noticed you did.) I apologize for ANY hurt feelings that my original  post may have stirred. and I congratulate you for being the highest master-ranked person I have seen thus far. (I really hope nobody actually got any sort of harm done to them, or their computer in the course that this post has been on.)

For the record I happen to agree with IceColdHawk, I have been here before and share the same feelings towards these surveys. Everybody, please take note: NEVER USE ONE OF THESE CODE GENERATORS.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Rkpayne07 said:

I was not trying to imply that YOU were the scammer, I was implying that the person who originally spammed your youtube with the link would be the scammer. I really don't care weather or not you should've taken down the link (I noticed you did.) I apologize for ANY hurt feelings that my original  post may have stirred. and I congratulate you for being the highest master-ranked person I have seen thus far. (I really hope nobody actually got any sort of harm done to them, or their computer in the course that this post has been on.)

For the record I happen to agree with IceColdHawk, I have been here before and share the same feelings towards these surveys. Everybody, please take note: NEVER USE ONE OF THESE CODE GENERATORS.

Ah, I see. Well, thanks for being understanding and respectful at least. Don't see a lot of people like that.