Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The perfect assassination dagger build

(NSW)BlaineKodos

Question

I want the optimal build for a dagger based around finishers. For stealth frames and frames that open enemies up for finishers, a dagger with Covert Lethality is obviously a must. Since I'm going to use the dagger to plunge into an enemy's neck, it really doesn't matter how useable in actual combat it is for me. I want to outfit one for fast kills and getting my health back instead of real melee combat, but beyond "throw on Fury and Life Strike with Covert Lethality" I'm not sure what else would really benefit it. Body Count, Blood Rush, True Steel and Berserker to hope for faster finishers? Reflex Coil, Focus Energy and Quickening so health regain is as cheap as possible? I'm unsure what I really want aside from the three obvious mods.

6 answers to this question

The thing is for what you are describing all you really need is covert lethality since it will 1 shot any enemy regardless of level. Fury and Quickening are options to attack faster. You could add reflex coil and energy channel to get better channeling effeciancy out of. Life strike. Primed reach for better range. If you go with dark dagger get the syndicate augment for the blight effect.

4 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

The thing is for what you are describing all you really need is covert lethality since it will 1 shot any enemy regardless of level. Fury and Quickening are options to attack faster. You could add reflex coil and energy channel to get better channeling effeciancy out of. Life strike. Primed reach for better range. If you go with dark dagger get the syndicate augment for the blight effect.

Does Primed Reach actually do anything for a dagger's finisher?

1 hour ago, BlaineKodos said:

Does Primed Reach actually do anything for a dagger's finisher?

Yes/no.  If you hit an enemy in a stunned/stealth state while outside of the normal finisher range with a weapon, you deal the correct finisher damage without triggering the animation. That's how people use Orthos Prime to stealth-farm focus/exp, it's huge range is far and away farther than it's stealth kill animation trigger range. Primed Reach on the daggers with covert lethality means if you stun/sleep a group of enemies (ala sleep arrow/w/e) and start swinging as you walk towards them you can get finisher damage dealt and kill them instantly by hitting them outside of the range it takes to activate the stealth animation.