Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Equinox have a quick QoL change when they switch form?

faustias

A little problem I have with Equinox is when they change form, the toggled abilities are turned off, so I have to recast those.

Here's my proposed solution: Consume additional energy for each aura active as Equinox change form.

Since there isn't on-cast energy cost for Pacifiy/Provoke and Mend/Maim, why not add one? 75 en for P&P, 100 en for M&M, affected by Power Efficiency. That way Equinox can cast Metamorphosis as much as they want while keeping the auras stay active but change its effect according to the active form.

And probably for the sake of balance, also add 0.5 miliseconds on Metamorphosis' casting time per aura active? That'll result to 2 seconds of transformation instead of 1.

I guess I can see where you're coming from.  Where it would be nice to keep all the bonuses from her 3 with the augment and her 4 in either form.  Concept wise though isn't this frame about duality?  Where it's two separate frames inside one frame?  Dark energy and light energy?  I guess the way I'm seeing this is functionally I wouldn't mind your idea for the most part but conceptually I see the powers as respective opposites which would means the energies aren't compatible.  Again just an opinion and I'm sure there are many other ways to interpret it.  You're taking energy designed to heal and converting it to energy used to harm and vice versa.  IMO that doesn't fit the design of the frame. 

I guess if this was to happen what I would do is introduce a concept skill called conversion that's tacked onto metamorphosis.  Conversion would allow the energy exchange but at 1/4 or half it's starting value on switch and, like you mentioned, would increase casting time.

Consuming additional energy on switch is a good idea but if I wanted to change then without the additional cost I'm have to respectively deactivate all my skills and THEN switch which seems like a bit much.  I almost never run her 3rd ability in day form but I almost always run it on night form.  Also considering the added cost to metamorphosis that you've mentioned and considering the active energy drain of the abilities I wouldn't add an activation cost to 3 and 4.  

Just my opinion.  I see how your idea would be good for more on the fly switching without worrying about your bonuses going away and/or stored energy.  If it's done the right way it could be good but again I don't see how it fits the concept of the frame.  Maybe you already thought that through.  If you did I'd be interested to hear what you came up with.

As an equinox main i can get behind this. I have her 3rd augmented, when doing defences or survival, there comes a time where i cannot keep up with how hard im being hit, so switching from provoke to pacify is what i should be doing, but it takes forever to gain back the percentage i had with provoke to provide the slow pacifiy does.

Not to mention that Mend is a VERY situational heal in my eyes. Im here doing maim damage and my teammate takes lets say half his health. I have to drop maim, switch, put up mend, get a kill or two, let it go then switch back. Would be amazing if i could keep even 1/4th of a percentage of the maim counter so i can burst out a quick heal and go back to providing DPS

I actually want both 3 and 4 aura to stay active when you change form but it's effect is decay over time. Because I want her game play to revolve around switching form, but right now you stay on 1 form and you don't want to switch because you'll lost anything that you've build(4's damage and 3's augment boost.)

Spoiler

To clarify

I'm in day form, building maim's burst damage. Then I switch to night, I will still have damage I build with maim but it will decay overtime. If I'm still in night form it will decay until it's gone and then I will truly lost my maim damage that I've built. But if I swap back to day form before maim stack is completely gone, the decay will stop and I can resume building it up again.

Same goes for the effect of P&P. Power strength and damage reduction(and slow from augment) aura maintain it's effect when switching form, but grow weaker until gone. 

This make it so people who build her for 1 form can switch to briefly use her other form and doesn't just throwing everything away. And open an option to play around swapping to keep providing the team with both aura.

If this will get too strong then extra energy cost to switch while have aura active can be apply. 

1 hour ago, AhLiu338 said:

I actually want both 3 and 4 aura to stay active when you change form but it's effect is decay over time. Because I want her game play to revolve around switching form, but right now you stay on 1 form and you don't want to switch because you'll lost anything that you've build(4's damage and 3's augment boost.)

Hide contents

To clarify

I'm in day form, building maim's burst damage. Then I switch to night, I will still have damage I build with maim but it will decay overtime. If I'm still in night form it will decay until it's gone and then I will truly lost my maim damage that I've built. But if I swap back to day form before maim stack is completely gone, the decay will stop and I can resume building it up again.

Same goes for the effect of P&P. Power strength and damage reduction(and slow from augment) aura maintain it's effect when switching form, but grow weaker until gone. 

This make it so people who build her for 1 form can switch to briefly use her other form and doesn't just throwing everything away. And open an option to play around swapping to keep providing the team with both aura.

If this will get too strong then extra energy cost to switch while have aura active can be apply. 

I don't think there should be a penalty for not switching form often enough. If the frame's nature incentivizes switching forms frequently, people will. But it doesn't need to be forced upon players through having the effectiveness of their abilities decay over time if they aren't willing to waste time and energy recasting Pacify/Provoke and Mend/Maim. 

2 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

I don't think there should be a penalty for not switching form often enough. If the frame's nature incentivizes switching forms frequently, people will. But it doesn't need to be forced upon players through having the effectiveness of their abilities decay over time if they aren't willing to waste time and energy recasting Pacify/Provoke and Mend/Maim. 

Ok. You gonna have to explain a bit more because I still don't understand how it's a penalty to still being able to give allies power strength buff in night form. At least compare to what we have in game(You cannot give allies power strength buff if you switch to night form.)

Unless you mean Equinox should keep day aura while in night form and vice versa. And effectively be able to have both aura at full strength, at all time.

I'm not bring rhetorical here.  

45 minutes ago, AhLiu338 said:

Ok. You gonna have to explain a bit more because I still don't understand how it's a penalty to still being able to give allies power strength buff in night form. At least compare to what we have in game(You cannot give allies power strength buff if you switch to night form.)

Unless you mean Equinox should keep day aura while in night form and vice versa. And effectively be able to have both aura at full strength, at all time.

I'm not bring rhetorical here.  

So now I just realized that I completely misinterpreted your post. 

I thought you were saying that from switching to night to day would cause Pacify to switch to Provoke, and then Provoke would decay. 

But you were talking about Pacify staying active for a little while after switching forms.

But please correct me if that's wrong. 

Edited by Gurpgork