Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Welp... I just finished ME (1)

Revel72

I have to say... Holy shoot... Good game but...

Mako... Um... Am I riding on jelly or something...

Rocket launchers being one shot one kill. "Seriously? Well true it has strength but literally. From full health and shields. Ok then"

Good things.

Story telling is actually much more impressive than I thought. I managed to make Saren shoot himself. That was impressive not satisfying yes but still really incredible ending also I got to see how ME 3 [Don't remember the turian reaper the large one enemy] model became to be. When I saw the resemblance I was kinda surprised.

My hat and money goes to teams who created the game. Great work there. I will be greatly looking forward to play the Mass Effect 2 and the DLCs.

Which way I chose?

Paragon but I did push people with Renegade when I knew that I needed to cut some corners. Basically I wasn't hunting for complete Paragon because I really didn't feel like it.

Anyway this was my way to play the game and I decided to take it to the end.

Edited by Revel72

8 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

I haven't felt the need to finish it. It just seems so long. Got the intro done and got out of the citadel to meet the science chick and I have my save at an asteroid that is being overrun by smugglers or something, for the past year now.

You should consider playing the game through. By the way. You can run the game in Windows 10 through Steam.

12 minutes ago, Arcane_Intelligence said:

Mass Effect games were great and Mass Effect 2 story wise was probably the best one.

Combat especially gets improved when going from ME1 to ME2 (dear god that sniper rifle aim in ME1, almost unusable at earlier stages).

True it was horrible. I mostly relied on Assault Rifle mostly but when I started to get the skill up. Weapon became really good.

39 minutes ago, Arcane_Intelligence said:

Mass Effect games were great and Mass Effect 2 story wise was probably the best one.

Combat especially gets improved when going from ME1 to ME2 (dear god that sniper rifle aim in ME1, almost unusable at earlier stages).

The grind for resources in ME2 though...

Also just a thing before you get to ME3. Don't play without extended cut. Just don't.

Mass effect 1 has probably the best story, the world there just feels so open there. Elevators, limited maps and combat system aside it is a great game 

Mass effect 2 is the best of the series. The combat is fun, the story is great, characters are amazing and it has that feeling of tension. If you don't get stuff done right your team will die. It's soundtrack is a masterpiece and the DLC is definitely worth it. 

Mass effect 3 is a tricky one. It has by far the best combat system, and there are some real high points to the game. The ending is a let down though. My suggestion is to play the game up until the Quarian/Geth arc and then finish it with the Citadel DLC. After that stop, and remember the good times. 

Every time in the Mako be like

E2pCpsc.jpg

Joking aside, I'll echo what 65 said. 2 was great and I played the hell out of it before 3 came out. 2 would have been my most played, but the multiplayer in 3 somehow ended up being really fun so I sunk a lot of time into it.

Edited by Adidasprime

10 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

Mass effect 1 has probably the best story, the world there just feels so open there. Elevators, limited maps and combat system aside it is a great game 

Mass effect 2 is the best of the series. The combat is fun, the story is great, characters are amazing and it has that feeling of tension. If you don't get stuff done right your team will die. It's soundtrack is a masterpiece and the DLC is definitely worth it. 

Mass effect 3 is a tricky one. It has by far the best combat system, and there are some real high points to the game. The ending is a let down though. My suggestion is to play the game up until the Quarian/Geth arc and then finish it with the Citadel DLC. After that stop, and remember the good times. 

I played the game through once.

9 hours ago, Adidasprime said:

Every time in the Mako be like

Reveal hidden contents

E2pCpsc.jpg

Joking aside, I'll echo what 65 said. 2 was great and I played the hell out of it before 3 came out. 2 would have been my most played, but the multiplayer in 3 somehow ended up being really fun so I sunk a lot of time into it.

Yeah I saw some footage of 3's multiplayer cooperation and believe me. I am definitely up to that kind of stuff.

12 hours ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Ah, the memories. Getting that N7 tag back in the day.

I like the Mako side missions just for the views, simply stunning for its time.

That's really true.

1 hour ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

I went in again since I never uninstalled it. The stupid combat sucks. Am I doing it wrong if I am focusing on using snipers?

Scope sway is pretty abysmal early on but becomes negligible at higher Sniper skill levels and with better weapons.

Should try to get Assassination early since it negates most scope sway. Becomes more useful for the damage bonus later on.