Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aksomati, Dex Furis or Azima?

Necrius

Question

13 answers to this question

Can't speak to Dex Furis, but Aksomati vs Azima is pretty much Soma Prime vs Braton Prime (plus neat gimmick).  That is to say, crit vs status.  Personally I prefer Aksomati, and run them with punch through instead of with Ammo Mutation.  The punchthrough combined with trigger discipline and taking advantage of the spool up time (so you're using them more as a burst fire weapon) makes them quite good.  I levelled them because I was looking for a trashman secondary though - I primarily use a bow, so it's a good pairing.

I will say if you're looking for a good cheap smg secondary in terms of forma and cores, Azima's probably your best bet.  Status makes it a natural candidate for less demanding dual stat mods, and if you build it for status you won't be building it for crit, so you don't have to deal with Primed Target Cracker and Pistol Gambit.

Lastly, I'd advise you to consider a fourth option:  the Furis with the New Loka augment.  For late game (especially with Life Strike being kinda hard to squeeze in on a good melee build), it's pretty hard to beat ranged lifesteal.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann
grammar >.>

I asked same question recently and ppl generally agreed that aksomati and twin grakatas are best, because you can make relaible crit build with them. Ammo mutation mod is mandatory but even then you cannot be sure you won't run off ammo.

I have 2 formas in azima and i find it to be wonderfully reliable. It's one of those weapons that seem "meh" on paper but much better in practice, not sure why is that tbh. I should test it more but I'm too lazy. Imo better ammo efficiency and good magazine size, with reliable damage is what stands out. It can bring down nullifier bubble and kill guy inside every time, and still have ammo left. Imo it's better weapon that ppl give it credit for, take all of them to simulator with medium level enemies and decide which one feels best to waste few formas on. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

I'm a big fan of the Akzani, not quite as much on-paper damage as any of those, but not that far off, and more bullets in the hose, with a fairly snappy reload, and therefore more reliable at actually killing bigger targets.

Also the best-sounding, with a deep, throbbing undertone to the rat-tat-tat.

Edited by Omnimorph

AkStilletto compare very favorably to AkSomati and Azima.

Much higher accuracy than both, near instantaneous reload, Higher crit and status than Azima.  I'd personally place Akstilletto as being overall more useable than Azima.

AkSomati have great crit chance, but with an accuracy of 8.3, I never really hit much.

I vote for AkStilletto on mid-tier stuff.  The damage drop is minor compared to Azima, which is compensated by much higher accuracy, and the almost-nonexistent reload time makes sure your weapons are always ready to shoot.

Either that or Stug.  I love my Stug, too.

the aksomati are one of my favourite secondarys. i like them, because they have a moderate fire rate, short reload time and they benefit great from the primed mods.

mostly i run this build. if i need punch trough, ill swap lethal torrent for it.