Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls 3 PvP stories

TheErebus.

So I got a couple of stories to tell ya of my experience with DkS3 PvP.

The first one I call "The Mad Gank"

So I get summoned into a gank fight, one Ornstein and one Smough cosplayer. I immediately knew I would get screwed over royally. Then all of a sudden a mad spirit invaded! (Mad Spirits are basically players who can both help the host with enemies and also fight them so basically they're the wildcards). So the two get split up, one was fight me (the host) and then the other two were somewhere else. Then all of a sudden, 2 mad spirits show up on my screen and start wrecking the host. It turned out the other two (one of which was the one helping the host at the beginning) decided to go after the host. So it then became a 3 v 1. All three of us constantly chased the host throughout the level and the poor guy just kept rolling and rolling. Eventually he dies, and all three of us use the Joy gesture.

And I felt like a scumbag.

This next one is called "Thunderstruck". This tweet is all you need to know. The red one is me.

https://twitter.com/LordSpaceBanana/status/722520347472445440

The next one is called "The worst mistake he ever made"

I hate parry fishers. So let's talk about how I encountered someone who did nothing but parry. If I got behind him, he'd roll away or use his greatsword to keep me at bay. If I tried to attack him he'd keep using the buckler to parry me. He got me once, and because I got annoyed with him I used an Estus flask. He still had no damage dealt to him. 

I got my shield out and decided to try and get at him. So I kept attacking, making sure to do it after he tries to parry me. Eventually he gets tired of this and uses his greatsword two handed and did some magical heresy involving a line of fire. 

I went behind him AND BACKSTABBED HIM. 

Eventually I died from another parry, this time he did with a dagger so I couldn't stand a chance.

I love Dark Souls 3 PvP.

17 minutes ago, Jeffrey94 said:

Y'all and your dank souls.

Never actually played any of these, and at this point I'm not really keen on starting because everyone seems to be super experienced at it. Also the eternal cash flow struggle and bad hardware

>super experienced

The game is actually very easy to learn how to play. It's just a matter of willing to learn, it doesn't a month or even a week. At most, 3 days is all you need to learn how to master DkS.

Seen that tweet. Golden thing.

Mine PvP sessions are pretty casual, 2 idiots trying to hit each other. I'm a decent oponent, but i F*** up way too often... I think i won against like 1-2 invaders, and lost to 3 at least. I guess my attack patterns are simply too simple, but then again they get the job done.

On side note: i simply just cant deal with lag hits, they simply desynchronise with my reflexes and confuse the F*** out of me. After 60 hours of perfect non-laggy hit reg in PvE to suddenly be thrown into the most clusterfudge lag-fight ever is simply off-setting so i simply do not counter act when enemy attacks me from range never should have hit me. And then i panic, and then i panic roll, and my rolls are COMPLETELY desynchronised with enemy attacks, so i get hit right between the rolls...

And that's the reason why i don't take PvP fights seriously at all. When i get invaded - it's like visiting a dantist: "just let's do it and we'll see what happens".

I don't even care about losing, since i fight with expectation that i will die because those invading guys totally know their jam, and i'm just a Farron Greatsword weilding casual spaming same attack over and over hoping it'll connect somehow.

Also i always derail our fights into flask-chugging competition, so there's that.

Every time I tried to invade in PVP, the hosts I encountered have 3 or more co-op players with them. Don't anybody play solo in DS3? There's no fun in having too much help. And nobody seems to care about gesturing first, like Bloodborne. 

Only one group of 3 I encountered was fair, and challenged me one at a time. Killed the first two but died from the host being parried. When I face the next I'd heal but once the fight starts, nobody heals until the opponent is vanquished. 

All the rest was not fun at all, having 3 to 4 chase me and I just jump off the cliff. Oh well. 

Last time I got invaded was some guy who had no animations and regenerated his health every few seconds, which I assume was a hacker (either that or extreme lag) and then soon after another guy invades me even though I don't even have dried fingers. Very weird.

2 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Last time I got invaded was some guy who had no animations and regenerated his health every few seconds, which I assume was a hacker (either that or extreme lag) and then soon after another guy invades me even though I don't even have dried fingers. Very weird.

Yup, weird indeed. So you have DS3, Sky? Did you finish Dark Souls 2? 

43 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Yup, weird indeed. So you have DS3, Sky? Did you finish Dark Souls 2? 

Yes I have DS3. Currently stuck at the nameless king. I didn't finish DS2, though only the last boss and the dlc are missing because I didn't feel like finishing it.

7 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Yes I have DS3. Currently stuck at the nameless king. I didn't finish DS2, though only the last boss and the dlc are missing because I didn't feel like finishing it.

damn if you had said something i could have left a summon sign to help you. i ended up starting a NG+

My PvP consists of 1 gank squad and a whole lot of lagging.

Just now, LordOfScrugging said:

damn if you had said something i could have left a summon sign to help you. i ended up starting a NG+

My PvP consists of 1 gank squad and a whole lot of lagging.

no problem, I try to do play alone / with offline phantoms anyway. I also can't summon anyone for that bossfight for some reason.

Just now, Skycook3y said:

no problem, I try to do play alone / with offline phantoms anyway. I also can't summon anyone for that bossfight for some reason.

You should be able to. i just think people are being summoned as they get placed down. It's a pretty difficult fight. I essentially solo'd him when i beat him. just had a player summoned just in case. What part are you struggling with?

2 friends and I were at Profaned Capitol and we all were carrying white branches. We got an invade so one of my friends and I disguised ourselves into the surrounding objects and the other baited the red in. Once the red got close enough to my cloaked friend, my friend burst out and attacked the red, causing the red to panic and start rolling...in my direction.

Needless to say, the red didn't see it coming. To this moment my friend and I wonder what that must have been like for the red.