The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Freezing and running disk space and CPU at 100%

Jo-Joy

Hi Tenno!

I've been having some real trouble with my PC lately and unfortunately I believe its main issue is running the Warframe game.

Problems are :

100% disk space usage on certain PC apps mainly Warframe, after 5mins of being in the game the system crashes and I end up having to held down the power button to restart my computer.

90-100% CPU usage also occurs during game play.

This started 2 weeks ago Monday 11th April.

I've kinda come to the conclusion that I need to completely refresh my PC, however, I'm worried I will loose all my Warframe data, I've put in 170hrs since Novemeber last year and I love this game, I would be gutted to have to restart the game.

Here's my PC Specs and what I've tried so far to solve the problem.

Acer Aspire V - touch

Intel Core i5 - 5200U

NVIDIA Geforce 840M with 2GB Dedicated VRAM

8GB DDR3 L Memory

1000 GB HDD

Windows 10

What I've tried so far:

CCleaner

Optimize and verify Game Cache

Run A virus and malware scan

Also uninstalled other Apps that were also running with high disk space.

Spoken to Acer and Microsoft who both say a refresh will help (I know this isn't always the answer, but stating to think this is my only option.

As an added extra I've tried to back up my files through Steam and its saying 'Backup failed' every time. Not sure what else I can do.

I'm afraid I'm not a computer buff and I'm worried about causing more damage to my computer by trying certain methods. I know I may need to check for the latest BIOS, however, I know if not done correctly this can cause more problems.

I think a system refresh may just get me back to square one and work up from there, the only thing that's stopping me doing that is the risk of loosing Warframe data.

Can anyone offer any help or advice for a non computer literate person like me.

Really appreciate any advice you guys might have. And Happy to give further information if it will help.

Cheers

Jo-Joy

1 hour ago, Jo-Joy said:

I've kinda come to the conclusion that I need to completely refresh my PC, however, I'm worried I will loose all my Warframe data, I've put in 170hrs since Novemeber last year and I love this game, I would be gutted to have to restart the game.

This is something you don't need to worry about. All of your account data is on our servers. Even if you buy a whole new PC all of the stuff in your account will still be there the next time you login to the game.

41 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

This is something you don't need to worry about. All of your account data is on our servers. Even if you buy a whole new PC all of the stuff in your account will still be there the next time you login to the game.

Aside from things like keybindings, your Arsenal gear wheel loadout (and I guess emotes), and favorite colors. + graphics settings but that makes more sense to be per PC.

... on a side note, any chance of those account things ever at least having the option to be stored server side, Dmitri?

1 hour ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Wooohoooo! That's the best news since sliced bread!

Thanks Dmitri, I think I will go ahead with a restart and see if this rectifies things.

And thanks too TGDM