Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Relay Concept] Relay Captains Volume 2: RELAYS 2.0 PROJECT [Clan Dojo connection to Relays and Captains]

FoxFX

Relay Revamp: Relay Captains Version 2.0, Hidden Missions and Clan Pledges

LINK TO PREVIOUS THREAD OF THE RELAY CAPTAINS

bridj.jpg

[Table of Contents]

1A: Current Problems and Aim for Relays

2A: Relay Captains

3A: Relay List and Patrolling Planets

1B: Relay SATELLITES

1C: CLAN/ALLIANCE PLEDGE SYSTEM

1D: Types of Relay Mission

1E: Relay Landing Craft HUB

1F: WEEKLY RELAY REWARDS

2F: RELAY WEEKLY COMPETITION

3F: RELAY CAPTAINS AND A NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE MODEL

4F: RELAY CAPTAINS AND THE RELAY SPECTERS AS REWARDS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1A: Current Problems and Aim for Relays

• What are the Relays currently: Relays are meant to serve as a community HUB where players can interact with one another.
  • Problems Observed: Currently, players only go to Relays to drop off Syndicate Medallions, obtain Simaris and Conclave rewards, and to go there whenever Baro returns
  • Problems with NPCs: Warframe is a game that has a great stroyline and lore behind it, but there is a lack of interactive NPCs to go to in this game
  • Problems for Clan/Alliance Solar Rails: With the loss of Dark Sector Conflicts, Solar Rails are never used
  • Aim for this Concept:
    • 1. To spice up the livelihood in Relays
    • 2. Create additional NPCs to create more immersion and interactivity between players and the game.
    • 3. Create a use for Clans/Alliances to be tied to Relays and show another sense of accomplishment

FEMALE RELAY CAPTAIN ART CONCEPT

UMReYiK.jpg

2A: Relay Captains

• What are the Relays Captains?: NPC Characters that are put in charge of the Tenno Relays. They manage the conditions of the Relays and can assign Tenno to special missions
  • Through a Relay Captain, Players can help start-up tasks for the Relays that opens them to more optional gameplay
  • Through Relay Captains: Players can help CONSTRUCT RELAY SATELLITES, REPAIR DAMAGED RELAYS, OBSERVE THE CONDITION OF SOLAR RAILS, etc...
  • [IMPORTANT] Each Relay Captain is in charge of observing the events of nearby planets nearby their Relays.
  • Where can we find the Relay Captains?

LOCATION 1 OPTION: Bottom back entrance across the Elevators in the 1st Floor

Spoiler
pvkxA6d.jpg

LOCATION 2 OPTION: Back entrance across the Elevators in the 2nd Floor

Spoiler
doIEaXk.jpg

LOCATION 3 OPTION: The Hallways locked by the Energy Barrier at the top floor

Spoiler
1uvs7Lw.jpg

LOCATION 4 OPTION: A 3rd Floor

3A: Relay List and Patrolling Planets

[RELAY NAME]                                     [PLANETS PATROLLING]

Larunda                                                 Earth & Mercury

Vesper                                                   Venus & Mars

Strata                                                     Jupiter & Saturn

Kronia                                                    Sedna & Phobos

Leonov                                                   Uranus & Europa

Kuiper                                                    Eris & Neptune

Orcus                                                     Ceres & Pluto

(All Relays)                                             Void Fissure Missions (Explained in), Dark Sector, Orokin Moon

MALE RELAY CAPTAIN ART CONCEPT

KRE0lb9.jpg

1B: Relay SATELLITES

RELAY SATELLITE CONCEPT ART

paInpzh.jpg
  • What are Relays Satellites?: Constructed by the players, these devices scan their patrolling sectors for hidden missions and objectives
  • Different Relay Satellites can be made to scan for different hidden missions:
    • RELAY VOID SATELLITE : Detects fissures from the Void that allow players to enter VOID FISSURE missions that reward rare/exclusive loots
    • RELAY ENTITY SATELLITE : Detects the presence of hidden Corpus/Grineer/Infested areas containing never before seen bosses or sub-factions like MUTALIST ALAD V

1C: CLAN/ALLIANCE PLEDGE SYSTEM

• What is the Clan/Alliance Pledge System?: Clans can use their constructed Solar Rails to connect to a Relay (one Clan can only pledge to one Relay. A Clan in an Alliance can only pledge to the Relay the Alliance has pledged to)
  • Pledging is an act of Tenno contract to assure services to protect that Relay

1D: Types of Relay Mission

• RELAY INVASION DEFENSE: [Archwing Mission] Grineer Formorian Fleet or Infested Space Sectopods are attacking the Relay Station. Players must utilize their Archwing in this mission. Failure to defend the Relay results in a Damaged Relay
  • RELAY RECOVERY MISSION: [Land Mission, Occurs when the Relay is Damaged] The Relay Captain will ask players to retrieve exclusive materials necessary to recover the damage done to the Relays
  • RELAY VOID FISSURE: [Special Void Tower Mission] The Relay Void Satellite picks up abnormal void energy signals within their sector. Players are free to enter a special Daily Void Mission that contains Sortie-Level Void Tower level that contains even rarer Orokin Treasures
  • RELAY ENTITY MISSION: [Assassination/Extermination Mission] The Relay Entity Satellite has picked up transmission from a hidden person/persons of interest to take out. This can include a special Extermination mission against sub-Factions like the Nightwatch Corps or Black Seed, or find hidden bosses like Mutalist Alad V or Razorback

1E: Relay Landing Craft HUB

sonXEqa.jpg

1F: WEEKLY RELAY REWARDS

• Based on contributions toward the Relay and the Relay Captains, individual players, Clans will receive weekly rewards.
  • Top 50, 100, 150, 200, etc. individual players are given daily rewards for their efforts to maintain balance around the Relay they pledge
  • Top 50, 100, 150, 200, etc. Clans gain rewards for the entire group. [Rewards differ based on Clan Size]
  • Contribution Points are collected through participating with Relay Missions, sending in components to repair/construct Relay Satellites and the Stations themselves, Void Fissure Missions, etc.

2F: RELAY WEEKLY COMPETITION

• Every week, the game tallies out which of the Relays have contributed the most protection to the star maps
  • Every player that has pledged to a Relay will obtain rewards in this system
  • The most contributing Relay wins the top prize and so forth
  • [Working on what prizes/rewards this system would offer]

3F: RELAY CAPTAINS AND A NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE MODEL

• AT THE END OF VOR'S PRIZE OR AT THE END OF THE 1st MISSION: A Relay Captain will invite a player with an Inbox message to follow through a tutorial exploration on the Relay Station
  • In this Tutorial, the Relay Captains will explain what the Relays are and about all the different NPC and other stuff you can find in the Relays
  • The tutorial would include introductions to Darvo (Responsible for explaining Mod System), Teshin (Responsible for explaining about Conclave), Cephalon Simaris (Responsible for explaining about the Sanctuary, Scanning, and the Mastery Tests), and the Syndicates expanding on what they are and what they can do for players
  • BEGINNER RELAY MISSIONS: When a new player begins the game, they don't know what to do and are very lost in the game. So, the Relay Captains will offer a MISSION QUOTA
  • MISSION QUOTA: The Relay Captains will ask players to prove their worth as Tenno by participating in a set number of Mission types in the starmaps. If the players complete a set, they obtain rewards that can include Mods, Weapon Blueprints from low mastery levels, and other starter equipment that can help them get started in the game

4F: RELAY CAPTAINS AND THE RELAY SPECTERS AS REWARDS

• Included in the weekly rewards from Relay Captains can include Relay Specters
  • Relay Specters are unique to other Specters ad they also have capabilities that can fill a void for newer players
  • RELAY TANK SPECTER: Has increased threat level with high Health and Armor, Can cast an ability that temporarily deflects incoming attacks from enemies
  • RELAY SUPPORT SPECTER: Can Heal and drop ammunition for players
  • RELAY ASSAULT SPECTER: Can temporarily scan and cloak itself and players, wields a melee weapon only
  • RELAY STRIKER SPECTER: Can highlight enemy weakspots and boost player attack
  • [DEBATABLE] COULD STAND FOR ONLY BEGINNER/LOW LEVEL MASTERY PLAYERS or can be ranked tiered.

UPDATES:

• Edited out Dark Sector content in this Concept
  • Adding in in Relay Daily Rewards section very soon
Edited by FoxFX

Well thought out. Well written. Out of all the stuff you have down, I only disagree with one thing. That is the use of the Solar Rails. As far as DE are considered, the Rails are for Dark Sectors. Dark Sectors will be returning as something once the new map is done and live (they confirmed this in one of the Dev Streams recently). The relays are not meant for conflict between Tenno clans. I under stand where your coming from though, as they have been out of use since they shut down the DS conflicts.

47 minutes ago, TheJagji said:

Well thought out. Well written. Out of all the stuff you have down, I only disagree with one thing. That is the use of the Solar Rails. As far as DE are considered, the Rails are for Dark Sectors. Dark Sectors will be returning as something once the new map is done and live (they confirmed this in one of the Dev Streams recently). The relays are not meant for conflict between Tenno clans. I under stand where your coming from though, as they have been out of use since they shut down the DS conflicts.

I can compensate and remove the use of the Solar Rails all together. I might need to remove the Dark Sector part and elaborate on the VOID FISSURE MISSIONS. They were intended to be Sortie-level Void Missions that grant more unique rewards.

1F: DAILY RELAY REWARDS

• Based on contributions toward the Relay and the Relay Captains, individual players, Clans will receive daily rewards.
  • Top 50, 100, 150, 200, etc. individual players are given daily rewards for their efforts to maintain balance around the Relay they pledge
  • Top 50, 100, 150, 200, etc. Clans gain rewards for the entire group. [Rewards differ based on Clan Size]
  • Contribution Points are collected through participating with Relay Missions, sending in components to repair/construct Relay Satellites and the Stations themselves, Void Fissure Missions, etc.

UPDATES

• Added in Weekly Rewards for Relays

FUTURE UPDATES

• Relay Competition (addition to the Daily/Weekly Relay Rewards)
  • Explanation on Void Fissure Quests & Possible Rewards
Edited by FoxFX

RELAY WEEKLY COMPETITION

• Every week, the game tallies out which of the Relays have contributed the most protection to the star maps
  • Every player that has pledged to a Relay will obtain rewards in this system
  • The most contributing Relay wins the top prize and so forth
  • [Working on what prizes/rewards this system would offer]

I remember reading the 1.0 version of the concept. I'm incredibly glad to see that you're still working on it, especially since it has the same general idea as an old concept of mine: the Tenno Cantina, though in full retrospect your concept does a significantly better job of addressing the issue and fixing it than mine did.

On a similar note: Do you mind if I try my hand at drawing a couple designs for the relay captains?

1 hour ago, MissMarifire said:

I remember reading the 1.0 version of the concept. I'm incredibly glad to see that you're still working on it, especially since it has the same general idea as an old concept of mine: the Tenno Cantina, though in full retrospect your concept does a significantly better job of addressing the issue and fixing it than mine did.

On a similar note: Do you mind if I try my hand at drawing a couple designs for the relay captains?

You are free to contribute. I welcome any and all feedback, comments, artworks, and suggestions.

UPDATE BRAINSTORMS: VOID FISSURE MISSIONS

• Hidden Orokin Towers scattered across the Void after the Old War containing even rarer treasures
  • Missions possibly Sortie-Level without the Enviromental/Weapon restrictions but with a different challenging gimmick
  • Orokin Reactor/Catalyst, Formas, Prime Weapon Mods?
  • Location of Vaulted Prime Rewards?

UPDATE BRAINSTORMS: RELAY TO RELAY SOLAR RAILS

• In the Relays, there are doors that can lead to the Solar Rails that connect to the other Relays
  • This could play an important part in protecting the Solar Rails and in creating a more organized atmosphere for the Relays to be more than just what it is now

SPECIAL UPDATE

• A new Warframe Concept is underway that I have drafted in Reddit.
  • This new Warframe will come with a very special Questline
  • Enter the depths of the spirit!

UPDATE BRAINSTORMS: CLAN DOJOS IN RELAYS

• Top contributing Clans have portals in a room at the Lower Floor of the Relay that leads to their Dojos promoting their strength to the community
  • Clan/Alliance Sigil placed in Relays?
Edited by FoxFX

• 2 weeks later...

Still this specific concept is one that I do plan to explore more. Another upcoming concept involves a special teacher but as to what this teacher will possibly be and how she will be added into the Relay is up for debate in another time.

For now, I still welcome any input on this and also a stronger connection between the Relays and the Clans.

I am planning to use this Relay Captain concept as a "New Player Experience" Concept/Content. The Captains will be the key to guide newer players to the general missions.

Relays have one of the key contents in the game including Teshin, the Simulacrium, and the Syndicates. With the Relay Captains, they will be the ultimate community guides that will get Newer Players up to Speed.

NOTES FOR THE NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE SECTION FOR THE RELAY CAPTAINS

• Relay Captains will follow after the Vor's Prize Questline
  • They are the main NPC that will introduce players to some more important features in the game
  • RELAYS have one of the highlighting content Warframe has: TENSHIN and CONCLAVE, SYNDICATES, CEPHALON SIMARIS and SANCTUARY, VOID TRADER, DARVO, TRADING/MAROO'S BAZZAR
  • INCOMING SECTION: DARVO 2.0, adding in purchasable Mods for credits, Mods obtainable could be beginner-friendly mods
  • Keeps newer players to be up to date on events through the Relays

Added a Reddit link that has a discussion on Relays:

Relays Need More Reason to Visit Them

Key points were made about the Relays and how they are currently in this game. I aim to have this concept to be a bit recognized as a possible angle for the problems addressed:

-From Cydro_

Honestly, the only reason I ever visit a relay is to visit Simaris and Darvo once a week. These might as well be done through the Liset in the first place, right now it's just a loading screen and a whole lot of walking to do what I can already do with syndicates from the comfort of my own orbiter.

Are relays being expanded upon? Because if not, they need to be. It's that or I'll let them burn :D

-From coquiguy712

Here are some:

1) Trading: while I understand this is one of the two worthwhile uses of Dojos (let's not forget Clan Research), it seems fitting for Trading to take place in the Relays where Tenno come and go. "But, but that's what the bazaar is for!" Precisely my point... but instead of a single broken down, factionless Relay infected with bloodsucking parasites, it would be in ALL Relays; no gathered trolls required!

2) Duels: again, this is a Dojo thing, I know... but when was the last time anyone dueled in their dojo? If I wanted a PvP challenge I'd go to the Conclave, however a 1-on-1 from time to time doesn't sound bad. But I seriously doubt anyone sits in Recruitment chat waiting for a Dojo duel challenge to pop-up. Casual duels sounds like something worthwhile when stopping by a Relay; at least that's how I feel.

3) Spawning Option: Inventory/Arsenal customization is already a thing while in the Relays. Navigation map is also available, so why not? We would only have to go back to our ships for one of three reasons: A) Foundry, B) Focus, and C) Store. Call me lazy or whatever, but I think this would be a hell of a QoL change.

And this is it... that's all I got.

NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE GOAL POINTS

• Relay Captains appear as an Inbox message to players that complete the Vor's Prize questline or that have done the very first introductory mission in the game.
  • They introduce themselves as well as inform players of the Syndicates, introduce them to Teshin, hint on about the "collector" Cephalon Simaris and the Mastery Rank Tests, inform newbies of the need to protect the Relays from Formorian Invasions with Archwing, and finally of the whole Relay Captain system proposed

DARVO 2.0 for NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE

• During the Relay tutorial, Darvo swindles a deal to jumpstart players with his wares
  • Selling Mod Packs for Credits? Weekly Deals?
  • The jumpstart will be Darvo granting newbie players with some essential gear to get familiar with modding
  • Darvo briefly informs players about the Orokin Reactor/Catalysts, Formas, Polarities
  • This explanation may be left for Teshin to explain

RELAY CAPTAIN: RELAY BRIDGE DESIGN

I am onto something, and I cannot stop. I firmly believe this could be a great addition to this game and I will try my best to get this concept noted on my own.

[NOTE] I am currently looking through different concept arts for space station main bridges the Relays could garner to. With the addition to the New Player Experience portion of this concept, I do plan to create the actual Relay Captain Bridges with other Space Station examples.

bridj.jpg

Adding this picture as a reference to the Tenno Clan Dojo Observatories. If these Relays are to ever resemble Tenno/Orokin make, they might need to have some evidence of these rooms:

yIhH0Em.jpg?1

Working on a questline that have the Relay Captains come to the players once they finish Vor's Prize or when the events of the first tutorial is complete.

I need some votes to verify which of the options is best to go with.