Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Bow how to build it?

Ifeno

Question

I've decided to get a Bow for those Bow-Only Sortie missions.  My problem is, I don't know much of anything about bows.

The bows I currently own are:

Dread

Paris Prime

Cernos

Are any of these usable? If so, how should I build them?  Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Edited by Ifeno

9 answers to this question

• Paris Prime is primarily puncture and does the most damage. It is also a crit bow which is a very large plus with bows. 45% crit chance. The biggest flaw of the Paris Prime is the shear bulk of it's model and how badly it clips through the backs of warframes (all of them).
  • Dread is primarily slash and I'd easily rank 2nd out of the bows you listed. Very high crit chance (50%).
  • Cernos... it is impact... there is nothing more to say. It looks cool though.

There are 3 other traditional bows:

• Paris: still puncture, still crit, ranks after Dread imo.
  • Rakta Cernos: I don't have it, but I heard that is is godly. High crit (35%), high fire rate (0.25 second charge).
  • Daikyu: high damage, high status, not a crit bow (bad), needs to be fully cocked to use. It doesn't have any values which make up for these flaws...

Also, the two crossbows count as bows for the bows-only sorties. And then there is the Mutualist Cernos. I've heard good and bad about it, but I doubt it is high level sortie worthy.

Good bows have stupidly high crit chances, so exploit that by modding for crit chance (you can easily get red crits with them) and crit damage and you'll do fine. Also, modding for Fire-rate affects your draw speed. Don't forget your mandatory damage + multishot mods, and throw on a good element combo like corrosive. Don't equip thunderbolt because it is a waste of a mod slot, especially on sortie levels.

Edited by Insizer
grammar

If you are mastery 12 I would also recommend forking out a measly 25p for a Rakta Cernos as it's pretty hard to argue with a Bow which comes with a radial Viral explosion (forced proc and large amount of damage, resolving some of the single target issues which bows have) AND energy restore capabilities. 

Too bad it looks quite ludicrous. But hey, some people love that. 

14 minutes ago, Cynick said:

If you are mastery 12 I would also recommend forking out a measly 25p for a Rakta Cernos as it's pretty hard to argue with a Bow which comes with a radial Viral explosion (forced proc and large amount of damage, resolving some of the single target issues which bows have) AND energy restore capabilities. 

It also doesn't sound like a dying grandpa. As much as I hate to say it, I prefer dread and the cernos series over paris prime because of it lol. The daikyu was neat as well. They're just more, bow-like. Probably a bit more fun to get into the character. To me at least.

Edited by MidgetsTossingPractice