Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more Dark Souls for a long time.

OverlordMcGeek

4 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

Anyone but From Software will ruin it. Personally it should stay as it is if From isn't doing anymore. Although i didn't hear anything about no Bloodborne 2 ;D

Here is hoping that From takes what they've learned from the souls games and continues creating amazing games. I haven't played an armored core game (always wanted to but never had money) but no doubt it was great. i would love to play a new one if it's made. Without a doubt one of my favorite developers.

Edited by LordOfScrugging

Why would the Dark Souls series needs picking up when they can just make a brand new game based on the same concept again?

The story of Dark Souls is done for them. So if they want to make another game like that. They likely just create an entirely new world to play around and tell a story with, while re-using the same gameplay premise (and also using various bits of pieces of story).

Dark Souls followed the concept of Demon Souls and that followed Kings Field, a four games long series that was only released in japan.

They even allready created another gameplay based spin off with Bloodborne.

So if From Software feels like creating another medieval themed RPG in the style of Dark Souls they will do so but with a new setting and story.

Though i think by now they might want to make a game with different gameplay and concept again.

16 hours ago, Artek94 said:

They made AC?!

Never knew that.

A hope for PC version lingers!

Yep they made that one. The Moonlight Greatsword even appeared in the AC games for that reason.

18 hours ago, Othergrunty said:

Why would the Dark Souls series needs picking up when they can just make a brand new game based on the same concept again?

The story of Dark Souls is done for them. So if they want to make another game like that. They likely just create an entirely new world to play around and tell a story with, while re-using the same gameplay premise (and also using various bits of pieces of story).

Dark Souls followed the concept of Demon Souls and that followed Kings Field, a four games long series that was only released in japan.

They even allready created another gameplay based spin off with Bloodborne.

So if From Software feels like creating another medieval themed RPG in the style of Dark Souls they will do so but with a new setting and story.

Though i think by now they might want to make a game with different gameplay and concept again.

Yep they made that one. The Moonlight Greatsword even appeared in the AC games for that reason.

Who the hell said that it was needed to get picked up?!

57 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

Who the hell said that it was needed to get picked up?!

Well bandai namco is a company. not sure if it wants to milk the popularity of dark souls by handing it off to another company that WILL ruin it in one way or another. Here is hoping bandai will respect the work of art the souls games are and not go that route. maybe down the line From will make another souls game? maybe not a dark souls. (fingers crossed for a more futuristic game)