Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second Dream isn't canon

SuikiAmon

9 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

I'll say it again until you get it. It didn't happen. Just cause you, me, or everyone else and their mother, played it, doesn't mean it did. It's not unheard-of for creators to make non-canon side stories for their main projects to just play around with ideas.

This is just one of the bad ones. An advancement? I guess if you call moonwalking, forward motion.

As a player, I do get a choice. But I'm not choosing. I'm just stating the facts.

well then, by that logic, just because in the event you are right, and that your canon is game canon, and all of which you have described have occured, doesn't mean it did either. your canon didn't happen for me, and therefore, my canon, which is second dream, must be true.

do you see your own insanity now?

Just now, BCAW said:

well then, by that logic, just because in the event you are right, and that your canon is game canon, and all of which you have described have occured, doesn't mean it did either. your canon didn't happen for me, and therefore, my canon, which is second dream, must be true.

do you see your own insanity now?

What the hell are you talking about?

17 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

I'll say it again until you get it. It didn't happen. Just cause you, me, or everyone else and their mother, played it, doesn't mean it did. It's not unheard-of for creators to make non-canon side stories for their main projects to just play around with ideas.

This is just one of the bad ones. An advancement? I guess if you call moonwalking, forward motion.

As a player, I do get a choice. But I'm not choosing. I'm just stating the facts.

ill say this, you didnt happen, thats canon you existing isnt canon. that makes as much sense as your whole argument.

and i think you and this thread was a bad desision.

its fine that you dont accept it but shoving it your view point down others throat isnt cool. your just like stalker you hate what you are( meaning as you dont like that you arnt the frame and realsing it makes you hate other tenno for what they are so in lore wise you could be a stalker)

one other thing, what if the players are meant to be the warframes

Edited by funtimehippie

Just now, SuikiAmon said:

What the hell are you talking about?

by your argument, just because something occured for everyone, does not mean it really occured. therefore, even if your canon did occur, and is real, it has not occured, and thus is not real. 

And I see you cannot even comprehend your own argument. Get a good night's sleep, that should clear your head.

Just now, funtimehippie said:

ill say this, you didnt happen, thats canon you existing isnt canon. that makes as much sense as your whole argument.

and i think you and this thread was a bad desision.

its fine that you dont accept it but shoving it your view point down others throat isnt cool. your just like stalker you hate what you are( meaning as you dont like that you arnt the frame and realsing it makes you hate other tenno for what they are so in lore wise you could be a stalker)

I like this canon.

3 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

Yes! Because it was a bad decision and should be called out!

As for the "frame around them", yes, I take it literally. It was built as an exoskeleton, as well as a way for them to channel and control their new-found powers.

Bad is subjective. Denial is not cute; you're either seen as a troll or a child.

And ok, *you* took it literally. DE did not. DE's version accounts for multiple things:

1. How there can be multiple copies of the same frame in existence. This doesn't exclude the possibility of the *original* frames being built around the tenno, and allows for the possibility of transference being a viable option instead. However, DE alluded to the frames not actually being the Tenno all the way back when Rhino Prime's backstory was dropped.

2. How one operator can control multiple frames instead of the ridiculous suggestion that we have 20-30 tenno just casually cat napping in each liset when the Tenno are not supposed to be a very large populace. They're referred to as a "few". With your way you'd have to say that there's only 20-30 Tenno in existence, since each warframe has a unique body structure.

3. The Lotus is both concerned about the Warframes as a technological weapon and their importance to the Tenno, since they are our primary method of interacting with the outside world since we came out of the void.

Really, I could go on, but it's rather pointless by now.

32 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

Canon: Something that actually happened within the game's story

Non-canon: Something that never happened within the game's story.

Second Dream is the latter.

I'd like to notify you of a discrepancy in your argument.

In order to claim that Second Dream is non-canon, you must first state that Second Dream never happened. You have failed to do so.

Therefore, your argument is invalid.

Jeezuz girls, please calm down. The whole thing is obviously canon, because its a main story quest and there are no other qualified persons except the developers who can change that. Deal with it.

I also agree to the first post, the whole concept is kinda lame and I chose not to accept it. In my head, I play as a Tenno person who had a warframe melted around his/her body. Frames like Inaros and Atlas are just Tennos that were severely mutilated by the void and only have parts of their bodies/minds embedded inside. All frames are just suited Tennos sitting in the relays and looking for jobs, that you can take them on. You can imagine whatever you like, the canon is there, but everyone can make their own stories. Dont you see why this lore is so good? They dont actually shove it down your throat, so you can roleplay whichever way you want....you can disable the operator-messages and pretend he/she isnt existing....

1 minute ago, Nudelsupp3 said:

Jeezuz girls, please calm down. The whole thing is obviously canon, because its a main story quest and there are no other qualified persons except the developers who can change that. Deal with it.

I also agree to the first post, the whole concept is kinda lame and I chose not to accept it. In my head, I play as a Tenno person who had a warframe melted around his/her body. Frames like Inaros and Atlas are just Tennos that were severely mutilated by the void and only have parts of their bodies/minds embedded inside. All frames are just suited Tennos sitting in the relays and looking for jobs, that you can take them on. You can imagine whatever you like, the canon is there, but everyone can make their own stories. Dont you see why this lore is so good? They dont actually shove it down your throat, so you can roleplay whichever way you want....you can disable the operator-messages and pretend he/she isnt existing....

But they don't exist. Period.

1 minute ago, BCAW said:

I'd like to notify you of a discrepancy in your argument.

In order to claim that Second Dream is non-canon, you must first state that Second Dream never happened. You have failed to do so.

Therefore, your argument is invalid.

Non-canon means it never happened.

2 minutes ago, Nudelsupp3 said:

Now i am hungry for cup-noodles.

17 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

Yes! Because it was a bad decision and should be called out!

As for the "frame around them", yes, I take it literally. It was built as an exoskeleton, as well as a way for them to channel and control their new-found powers.

Again, if you feel so cut up about it, go write fan fiction. There are plenty of people just like you who are so fixated upon their own particular vision of a given work that they simply cannot abide by a particular decision the actual author or creator has made, and the best part is that DE themselves can't actually look at the stuff without risking a lawsuit, so you're free to replace their admittedly ambiguous story with whatever half-baked fantasy is festering in your mind as we speak. Until they give a Cease and Desist order, as some authors have done.

Take the Star Wars fandom, for example, in which we have people who claim that the only "real" Star Wars is Epsiodes IV through VI and the Clone Wars Cartoon. Up until Disney's acquisition made that a reality, they were willing to ignore decades of novels, comic books, cartoons, and even three whole movies, just to tailor-fit an entire franchise into their own narrow view. This is pretty much exactly what you're doing, since DE has shown every indication of building upon the Second Dream.

To very little surprise, this resentment of what was unquestionably the in-universe status quo caused such a proliferation of fan fiction that the Star Wars section is the largest Movie section on fanfiction.net. To absolutely no surprise, most of the people who took great enough issue with the canon to write deviant works are nowhere near the skill level of the actual paid writers, so optimistically, about 10% of the works in the Star Wars section are actually worth reading.

As such, you yourself are about as likely to have a suitable replacement for this established lore as I am to treat your obnoxious, self-entitled ranting as valid criticism.

Edited by Dreddeth

39 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

That might have been better, but the Tenno are bound to the Warframe, on a one-on-one basis. The knight occupies the armour, and the metal cannot move itself.

Before someone says I'm contradicting myself, I mean it in a literal sense. It needs the physical force, and that is what the Tenno is inside the Warframe. There is a person inside.

So, the idea of 30 people fighting one at a time rather than altogether makes more sense than one person powering and remote-controlling a warframe?

Just, answer me this, why aren't all of these individual tenno fighting at the same time? Let me answer it for you, they can't, because there's only one person.

Not to mention we can BUILD WARFRAMES!!!!! I don't seem to remember shoving people into my foundry module, let alone lightly cooking them in void radiation.

Look, you're just wrong. I don't know why I'm even arguing with you....... you're just wrong, because you cannot be right. You're just in denial I'm afraid, because if the second dream isn't canon, it wouldn't be in the game, would it?

38 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

That happened. And Nef won that one. Sure, some heretics thought it a good idea to give the research to him anyway, but it's still unusable by someone that isn't a Grineer.

That's not how you construct a proper argument. 

In order to argue that something belongs in a category, you must explain that the something has qualities belonging to others in the category.

Look, I understand you are upset, and quite honestly, I admire the length you have gone to elaborate upon your canon, but in the end, Warframe is DE's game, DE's canon is game canon. That being said, feel free to believe in what you will, even if that causes you unhappiness.

Just now, bowiespoon said:

So, the idea of 30 people fighting one at a time rather than altogether makes more sense than one person powering and remote-controlling a warframe?

Just, answer me this, why aren't all of these individual tenno fighting at the same time? Let me answer it for you, they can't, because there's only one person.

Not to mention we can BUILD WARFRAMES!!!!! I don't seem to remember shoving people into my foundry module, let alone lightly cooking them in void radiation.

Look, you're just wrong. I don't know why I'm even arguing with you....... you're just wrong, because you cannot be right. You're just in denial I'm afraid, because if the second dream isn't canon, it wouldn't be in the game, would it?

Yes it does.

No, there isn't. It's how they choose to fight.

That does happen. You just don't see it.

2 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

Non-canon means it never happened.

That's the point. The Second Dream did happen. It's a required quest, not a piece of optional side lore.

DE decided to elucidate the specifics about how the Tenno interact with their frames in a way that they thought fit the game's universe, and realistically it explains more than your alternative. You are going off of a single piece of vague lore attached to the story of a single frame while the actual established canon is accounting for the content DE has created since then.

You're like a flat-earther arguing that the world isn't round.

But they don't exist. Period.

Normally one has to actually wait till a retcon happens before they call canocity into question.

Maybe they'll do a DC comic restart everything down the line but for right now they seem pretty happy with the Tenno kid thing and are even starting to show them out of their space chairs in an advertisement.

Yes it does.

No, there isn't. It's how they choose to fight.

That does happen. You just don't see it.

and in similar vein, you just don't see how the canon makes sense. Why do you assume the tennos won't choose a strategy that is the least risky?

Just now, BCAW said:

That's not how you construct a proper argument. 

In order to argue that something belongs in a category, you must explain that the something has qualities belonging to others in the category.

Look, I understand you are upset, and quite honestly, I admire the length you have gone to elaborate upon your canon, but in the end, Warframe is DE's game, DE's canon is game canon. That being said, feel free to believe in what you will, even if that causes you unhappiness.

Do you think I like being angry over a stupid decision that has been made to a game I used to love? A game that I still enjoy, despite my distaste for what's being done to it, because I feel like it's worth playing just to see what's next?

DE, you screwed up. Your ideas were bad.