The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Operation: Cornucopia] Make Count What We Kill (Adjust Drop Tables For Mobs).

Ced23Ric

I don't understand what this change is supposed to accomplish. It doesn't increase the frequency of drops it just changes who drops what. I agree that bosses shouldn't drop common mats or research mats but I don't think changing every enemy's loot table is an effective use of time.

I like this change.  It makes it less likely that I kill Councilor Bullet Sponge for the hundredth time (One more Trinity BP to go...) and get even more Ferrite when I've already got enough to build my own Grineer Empire out of, and a common mod I've been seeing since I was on Mercury.  The only thing more depressing than knowing I still need to power-farm Hek to get the last Trinity blueprint is the knowledge I'm then going to have to turn around and power-farm Hyena and J3-Golem for the materials to build it.  No other game I've played has made it so difficult to unlock what is essentially a second character class and the drop table is a huge part of this.

This needs to be a thing. DE wake up and pay attention please.

If DE actually gave a S#&$ about stopping the boss grind they would respond.

DE gives a S#&$. I'm working in the back as much as I am working in the front. Feel free to contribute to this thread and add ideas!

I don't understand what this change is supposed to accomplish.

It is a psychological change and a change in predictability. Also, since the drop table is grouped and enemies can be assigned groups (modular programming, not hard to do, doesn't eat that much time at all) it is a lot less effort than you may think it is. Broken down, this does two things:

• It matters what you kill. If you spend an ulti and a clip downing the elite, you won't be slapped with 88 Nanospores, you'll get the uncommon Plastids instead. If you defeat a boss, you won't look at 73 Ferrite, but maybe that Orokin Cell or the Neural Sensor.
  • You can predict your required efforts. Instead of praying to the unyielding RNGods, you know that doing a specific action has a good chance of giving you what you want and you won't gamble for something you can get hundreds of elsewhere.

It is quite simple.

__

Additional thought, which I found t be quite good: Move faction materials into their own loot-slot. Spread them over the four groups with varying drop chances, but don't let Detonite Ampules eat up the slot for Neurodes. The saturation is eventually there and the faction materials become dead drops. If they would be additional, that'd be fine. If they are pushing other materials away, they are actually detrimental.

Amended the OP with this.

Right, I dont see why some people seem to have a hard time grasping the concept. Its simple...

Bosses shouldnt ever drop nano spores/common loot. Just, ever, RNG gods be damned. Bosses should drop boss loot. If the problem is that bosses arnt hard enough, thats technically a different issue and can be adjusted. Like how theres a strategy to killing Krill now, they can make boss battles more interesting.

Personally I think there should be multiple Hyenas to fight for instance since Lotus says they hunt in packs, that would make that battle much more interesting if there was an actual pack of them, at least 2-3 though. Plus 2-3 times the boss loot~ Anyway, the point is weak stuff should drop common stuff, strong stuff should drop good stuff, bosses should drop really good stuff. It wouldnt change anything other than that, it would just depend on the enemy spawns, which can also be adjusted... [and probably should really, they spawn a lot of enemies really fast, even in rooms you just cleared out.]