Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this the best or worst build for a tank? Pls give me feedbacks, I need some advice

ExcaliBae

Question

5 answers to this question

I'm no passive tanker, but here's what I say: You are building on armor which is good, but Lightning dash seems a bit out of place. Vigor may be out of place as well. I suggest replacing Lightning Dash with just Rush, and Vigor with Stretch (for RB) or RB's aug mod. I don't use Excal, but I know RB is a godsend to Excal's playstyle. Rush is overall very nice for mobile meleeish frames and I've heard movement contributes slightly towards evasion (and thus lower damage). Just remember to equip lifestrike on whatever melee weapon you are using.

A few things.  One, you should change to Corrosive Projection.  At the levels where you need a tanky Excal build, you'll get more out of reducing armor than buffing melee damage.  Toss Vigor and Redirection, add Rage and QT, and, if you can, bump that Flow up to Primed Flow.  I'd strongly recommend swapping in a Primed Continuity (normal's fine, just obviously not as good) to reduce cost of EB significantly, and to assist in Blind duration.  Leaves one mod slot, I went with Radiant Finish, but Stretch wouldn't be a bad choice, and neither would Energy Conversion.  With the build structured this way, I'd avoid Naramon.  The point is to be a tank, and EB waves crit enough that no one's ever going to see you.  I'd recommend Vazarin or Zenurik (for recovery if you get knocked out of EB and all your energy drained).

As far as Exilus, that really ought to be Handspring.  Knockdowns are what will get you killed, and Handspring almost completely negates that.

Vigor is useless. period.
Armored Agility is subjective, if you want some Sprint Speed and Armored Agility is enough, go for it.

if those two are equipped just for the EHP boosts, remove both, replace one of them with Rage. goes well with Life Strike on your Melee.
replace the other with... either Stretch so Blind stops more gunfire, Quick Thinking if you're okay with using your Energy as another Health bar, Continuity/Prime to reduce cost of Exalted Blade and make Blind last longer, Streamline to further reduce Energy Cost (which will let you drop Fleeting Expertise down to save Duration, i'd recommend Rank 3 so you get 70% Efficiency and only -40% Duration).
you should really replace your cracked Flow with a normal one. 10 Rank version eventually.

i approve of the Bullet Jump Mod, to let you traverse the map faster.
though Mobilize is almost the exact same speed bonus while costing 6pts less. granted the Elemental Bullet Jump Mods are neat since they affect Slash Dash.

Exilus slot on Excal who intends to take a hit have to be exclusively Handspring. It makes no sense using anything else. Same goes for Rage + Life Strike combo - it's a mandatory.

Redirection is bad on Excalibur and it is bad against any enemies you want to get "tanky" against, as shields are paper-thin. Vigor is a waste of a slot, Armored Agility is a heavily underperforming mod, which is only worth it, when you are trying to get all the speed for a warframe and don't care about other stats.

If you want to get as much EHP as possible, go for Vitality, Steel Fiber, Rage, Primed Flow, Quick Thinking combo.

I prefer to use Vitality and Steel Fiber for survivability, Rage for energy sustain and other slots for all-around performance.

Also, on Excal who intends to take a hit, but doesn't use Quick Thinking, Flow is a waste of a mod slot. You don't need Flow if you use Rage on max Efficiency.