The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Arsenal Concept] Focus Buddy let's you set your Focus Per Build on the Upgrade Screen! (Art)

holyicon

ATT: The Plume of Bourbon Vapor formerly known as Steve Sinclair (or Scott or Pablo whoever's in-charge of this aspect of the game).

I'm kinda getting (no, very, getting VERY) sick of forgetting to swap between, Primary Focuses depending on what Warframe and Build I'm using at the time and I do so far too frequently that the task is tedious when I do remember.

I need some help. Well, we all need some help... and fast! We need a buddy!

Say "Hello" to Focus Buddy!      

operator_256.png

To kick off these informal negotiations:

I propose adding Focus Buddy as an interactive, drop-down "combo-box" style selector on the Warframe Arsenal Upgrade screen.

Adding Focus Buddy to provide one different Focus Selection for each A, B and C build, for each Warframe that the player owns, would be the most optimal solution -- you may add it when the "New Focus Updates" that you've been threatening us with ships.

This 'may' be negotiated down to one selection per Warframe pending a valid counter-proposal from DE and given your willingness for ample and realistic compromise showing that you both value and respect our time and sanity.

(CLICK FOR A BETTER VIEW, Go-Go New Forums Distortion!)
focusbuddy.png
For more info on "Focus Buddy", read my other post on New Minimap Icons.

Please Note:

• This does not mean getting rid of the "Primary Focus" set in the Transference Room.
  • By default, each Build's Focus Buddy will be set to "Use Primary".
  • If you change your "Primary Focus" from, for example, "Naramon" to "Zenurik", any Build set to "Use Primary" will switch accordingly.

Possible Progression Ideas:

• Multiple Tree Presets selectable via Focus Buddy.
  • Tree Preset Slots unlockable via Platinum and/or Mastery Rank Advancement.
  • Custom Tree Preset Names.

In closing, may all your dreams be good dreams. Down with Draco. And...

As always, have fun out there, be kind to each other, but equally mean to those that oppose the Tenno!

emblem.png-holyicon

Edited by holyicon
Hurray For Focus Buddy!

+1

I in so many times when i press 5 i say WTF!?!?! why i have this Focus instead of that Focus!??

In 3 schools at the moment, i now know what a parent with multiple kids would feels like, thanks DE

-------------------------

In non serious tune, Holyicon, you sound like a politics to me, so please make sure not to get caught in any kind of scandals otherwise you will lose all of the supports :D

Edited by Prinny13
Joking ;P

Thanks for the positive feedback :D

Hopefully we can get this implemented asap!

And all these Warframes (and Warframes in the concept phase) can get the support they deserve!

Edited by holyicon

On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Prinny13 said:

+1

I in so many times when i press 5 i say WTF!?!?! why i have this Focus instead of that Focus!??

In 3 schools at the moment, i now know what a parent with multiple kids would feels like, thanks DE

Lol the parents comment is funny as hell 

6 minutes ago, Feuershark said:

Highly needed considering that different frames benefit more from different focus tree. +1.

May belong to feedback, try to talk to an admin, because if t's left in fan concept they aren't gonna see it

I agree

On 5/4/2016 at 1:16 PM, Maugre said:

I don't know if I'd rather have it per warframe, or per loadout slot. Either way would be nice, though.

You always start the negotiation process asking for more than you need, that way you have something you can give up as "compromise".

However;  there are a lot of frames where you get competing build concepts emphasising the use of Toggled vs. their non-Toggled powers.
As such, certain focuses are more valid for one build and that "use case" where another isn't.

For Example:
Not that I especially care for the build myself but there's a click of players fond of using Excalibur for spamming Radial Javelin on a Certain Map that will go unnamed, and the Naramon Focus I use with my Exalted Blade build wouldn't do much good there; the Zenurik Focus or another would. So having a Dedicated Arsenal Loadout with a Focus Buddy set to that Preset would be very much advantageous in avoiding those "oh right, I forgot to talk to my pod teen" moments. Since you're likely to either have one of your A B or C loadouts configured to a build designed for "That Map" as well as another for using Exalted Blade, and perhaps the 3rd for Taco Tuesday, with an entirely different Focus needed.

And that's just ONE reason why ONE frame might want more than one Focus over multiple builds...

Edited by holyicon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...