Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Feedback - So Bad It Made Me Quit The Game The First Time!

Tatersail

Wasn't that stated as a helmet and not the prime variant?

Either way, a re-work is needed. I quite like pull because I can tug enemies up to silly spots on defense missions, it can knock-down. The worst abilities are her 2 and 3, they're pretty much useless. Polarize doesn't do enough to be worth the cost, and bullet attractor has no damage bonus. When we have something like Sonar, it's even more useless. But that's because she hasn't been re-worked after these frames came out.

I find crush fine as it is for everything but very high levels. Armor ignoring would be nice for scalability since I think as it is, a lot of Warframes do not scale well when we're thinking bigger, badder than the enemies currently are (or just higher waves of defense).

I thought bullet attractor could be re-worked as a target-able defensive shield, bullet repeller, with a chance to ignore shots. Could use it on the Cryopod too.  It's sort of like a probability based chance to ignore damage as opposed to a % damage reduction. Would work nicely on top of Rhino's current Iron Skin or an Overheat Ember etc. The idea of re-working it to aim at weak spots is good too, but I'm not sure how that would work for enemies like Jackal / Lech Kril with changing spots. You could be smart and not use it when those spots have to be hit, but I've had many a mag place a bullet attractor over my sonar as it is.

Shield Polarize should be re-worked, shield regen would be nice, everyone also seems to agree with an area effect on Polarize too. This would be great for corpus shield drones and the Cryopod. Not many heavies that have shields other than the drones/heavy Grineer though.

Something I think we should have in the game regardless is self-targeting. I don't believe we currently do? It should just be like, modifier key + ability key to self-cast or something. Maybe block + cast? I don't know if DE would go that far though. Polarizing yourself would be neat.

Give me proof...

Helmet variants are not meant to look like the original...they are made to be different...what that was was just an upgraded MAG helmet giving semblance to a Prime version of her...

Tell me where that was an alt helmet and I'll abandon my thoughts on it being MAG Prime...

Give me

Mag could definitely use some help, she is a fun Frame, but most of her abilities are realistically subpar.

Pull: Either needs to do damage, or CC the enemy for a longer period of time. Some have suggested making it also pull weapons away from enemies (single target Radial Disarm basically).

Shield Polarize: Straight up needs to have a stronger effect. I support the idea of it making enemy shields explode to do damage to surrounding targets.

Bullet Attractor: This ability is already really good, but I think it needs to have its cost moved down to 50 Energy.

Crush: Should do the same damage it does now while ignoring armor, or even do bonus damage against armored targets.

Also, DE already confirmed that helmet skin shown was an Alt helmet, almost as soon as it was spoiled even.

Edited by lZerul

Give me proof...

Helmet variants are not meant to look like the original...they are made to be different...what that was was just an upgraded MAG helmet giving semblance to a Prime version of her...

Tell me where that was an alt helmet and I'll abandon my thoughts on it being MAG Prime...

Give me

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/60553-lets-jump-the-gun-because-its-what-we-do-here/#entry632271

That is exactly what you are seeing, Season 2 of alt helms as Mynki discussed in Livestream #5.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The main sections of editing on the tablet were related to the head also. I didn't see anything for the body. Considering they're recovering from e3 now and their latest big update just came out and they've still got to iron out the void issues, loot tables, clan-tech weapons, dojos etc, I'd be very surprised if we see another prime shortly. I imagine they'd treat a prime warframe with a bit more sensitivity.

If the video showing the helmet was a leak why wouldn't they just admit it?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/60553-lets-jump-the-gun-because-its-what-we-do-here/#entry632271

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The main sections of editing on the tablet were related to the head also. I didn't see anything for the body. Considering they're recovering from e3 now and their latest big update just came out and they've still got to iron out the void issues, loot tables, clan-tech weapons, dojos etc, I'd be very surprised if we see another prime shortly. I imagine they'd treat a prime warframe with a bit more sensitivity.

If the video showing the helmet was a leak why wouldn't they just admit it?

This is DE we are speaking of...since when do they tell us what they are planning...?

It still seems a bit too...coincidental...but for now I can let it go...

Mag could definitely use some help, she is a fun Frame, but most of her abilities are realistically subpar.

Pull: Either needs to do damage, or CC the enemy for a longer period of time. Some have suggested making it also pull weapons away from enemies (single target Radial Disarm basically).

Shield Polarize: Straight up needs to have a stronger effect. I support the idea of it making enemy shields explode to do damage to surrounding targets.

Bullet Attractor: This ability is already really good, but I think it needs to have its cost moved down to 50 Energy.

Crush: Should do the same damage it does now while ignoring armor, or even do bonus damage against armored targets.

Also, DE already confirmed that helmet skin shown was an Alt helmet, almost as soon as it was spoiled even.

Pull is fine on its own, but can be better. Either decrease the cost, or make it so that it can down heavier enemies like Ancients.

Shield Polarize is very situational. Can be useful in defense missions if the target is under attack, but if your team is competent, you won't even have a chance to use it. This can be made better by making it an AoE that affects everyone in the area, including Mag.

Bullet Attractor sounds like a good tool to single out the tougher enemies and bosses, but it can hamper teammates because they wouldn't be able to hit the weakspots. Could be fixed by either making the bullets fly to the weakspot, or make the bullets do increased damage due to the attractor increasing their speed or something.

Crush is OK, but that armor mitigation is bad. Make it so that it does armor piercing or just make it hit harder on armored enemies.

Mag was added because some people said they wanted a womenframe in the starting lineup.

I also think she was a bad choice because she is more of a difficult frame to deal with than Loki who is described and the frame for advance players.

While Loki has no damaging abilities he at least has one escape ability and, in fact, all his abilities are technically escape abilities. Mag has nothing up until you pop in Crush which at low levels uses up all your energy. It can clear a whole room but still....

I dont agree with you on the pull ability, the pull ability does have a short range when not leveled but you can get that up quickly. And this goes for all abilities at rank 0 and 1, Slash n Dash at rank 0 barely moves the character forward and only seems to kill the mob at the end. Decoy last about 5 hits before it dies, etc, etc.