Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Sick Of Defense Heroes.

Alohoe

And to show these people where they should be (by there team) I always watch the enemy destroying our crypod :)

Because if he really cares about teamplay, and not just getting many kills, he will watch the status of the crypod too. Why? Because his teammate might need help ;)

So if you always watch the enemy destroy the cryopod, clearly you're the problem. Maybe you're the person who should be defending the cryopod, because clearly you're not skilled enough to double task like any half-decent door-way killer can?

So if you always watch the enemy destroy the cryopod, clearly you're the problem. Maybe you're the person who should be defending the cryopod, because clearly you're not skilled enough to double task like any half-decent door-way killer can?

If the pod dies while that door-way killer is killing then I guess he can't multitask either can he?

Lets see... as a choke point killer can I turn around and gib something that makes it to the pod? Yup.

As a door way killer can I turn around and gib something that makes it to the pod? Nope.

I don't personally watch the pod get killed, but if someone wants to rush off and farm kills and ignore the team goal to defend the pod then why should I? Obviously, that's the kind of match they were looking for, try to spam as many kills in before the match is over as possible... When in Rome.

Lets see... as a choke point killer can I turn around and gib something that makes it to the pod? Yup.

As a door way killer can I turn around and gib something that makes it to the pod? Nope.

I don't personally watch the pod get killed, but if someone wants to rush off and farm kills and ignore the team goal to defend the pod then why should I? Obviously, that's the kind of match they were looking for, try to spam as many kills in before the match is over as possible... When in Rome.

Come on Bakim0n0, don't you know that other players are only there to baby sit the pod while Sir Slaughter-fest over there plays with himself in the corner?

Come on Bakim0n0, don't you know that other players are only there to baby sit the pod while Sir Slaughter-fest over there plays with himself in the corner?

lol.

I'm really kind of mystified that people are being so defensive about a request to work as a team in a co-op squad tps.

If you want to solo lone-wolf it up... play solo.

Because a doorway is not a chokepoint. Or something?

I can make it from a doorway to the pod in about 5 seconds on an Ash, less if I teleport/ulti, maybe 7-8ish on a Nyx. If you see the pod HP flashing, it means stop what you're doing, and backup the pod. I hear you saying "that's too hard for me to do", to which I reply - don't do it then. 

I'm busy reducing the amount of mobs the rest of my team has to deal with by about a third, I think you just be jelly to be honest, especially if you're saying that doesn't contribute. Every Frost I've played with has only been grateful for having to deal with way less mobs every round. Maybe you should stop being resentful for the people topping the kill charts, it doesn't make you look bad, it just means a DPS class is doing his job.

If you're talking about some scrub who only stays in a doorway regardless of other circumstances...sure, that guy sounds terrible. Doorway killing a legitimate and potent way to contribute and the ones who are good at it know how to back up their team and pod at the same time, and are usually handling 2 doors at once.

Edited by Mhak

Because a doorway is not a chokepoint. Or something?

I can make it from a doorway to the pod in about 5 seconds on an Ash, less if I teleport/ulti, maybe 7-8ish on a Nyx. If you see the pod HP flashing, it means stop what you're doing, and backup the pod. I hear you saying "that's too hard for me to do", to which I reply - don't do it then. 

I'm busy reducing the amount of mobs the rest of my team has to deal with by about a third, I think you just be jelly to be honest, especially if you're saying that doesn't contribute.

ROFL.

I'm mad jelly of your OP Epeen.

If I wanted difficulty I wouldn't play this game, this game is a cakewalk. I can solo to at least wave 15 on Xini with any frame upwards of 25 on my best frames, it's not hard; that's not the point. I never said going off and chasing the scoreboard doesn't contribute, but you would know that if you actually read some of the comments in the last 15 pages.

*edit*

The latter part is what I am most annoyed with (on your edit) and I'm not at all resentful of the people on the top of the kill charts I just hate people that only care about kills and not the experience. My only thoughts on the kill charts involve apathy... I really don't even see the point of caring; it's a meaningless number IMO.

*further edit*

Also note, unless you are on very low waves or on a low level defense map; 5 seconds is often not enough time once you start to see the hp on the pod move.

Edited by Bakim0n0

lol.

I'm really kind of mystified that people are being so defensive about a request to work as a team in a co-op squad tps.

If you want to solo lone-wolf it up... play solo.

I've asking this for a bit but i want to know, still, why killing enemies in a defense mission is not working as part of a team.....

The latter part is what I am most annoyed with (on your edit) and I'm not at all resentful of the people on the top of the kill charts I just hate people that only care about kills and not the experience. My only thoughts on the kill charts involve apathy... I really don't even see the point of caring; it's a meaningless number IMO.

Yet you seem to be making a lot of posts about it. Hmm...

I don't top kill charts to top kill charts, I top kill charts to make the tank defending the cryopod have to deal with waayyy less mobs. All I hear is you saying "you play differently than me, and despite the fact that it's an empirically effective playstyle, I'm still going to gripe about it, but pretend like I don't care at the same time."

Whatever bro.

I don't top kill charts to top kill charts, I top kill charts to make the tank defending the cryopod have to deal with waayyy less mobs. All I hear is you saying "you play differently than me, and despite the fact that it's an empirically effective playstyle, I'm still going to gripe about it, but pretend like I don't care at the same time."

Whatever bro.

B-b-but EXP!!

I agree on this so much. I'm sick and tired of having to say "Please stay close to pod" every freaking time. Especially when you reach wave 5 or 10, and there are mods ALL over the map so you can't get to all of them before the wave set ends.

Whatever bro.

I care about the actual gameplay not the kill count. I guess you missed that.

I care about the actual gameplay not the kill count. I guess you missed that.

You seem to care a lot about how other people enjoy their gameplay too. What if I like playing warframes who's main purpose is to kill as much as possible so the rest of the team has less work to do? For me, that is enjoyable.

You sure seem to have a stick up your butt about it though.

Edited by Mhak

The facts remain, when you're inconviniencing your squad ingame,

you're being more detrimental than them pointing it out.

Causing drops to land out of sight, kills to occur out of shared EXP range, both are obvious things to refrain from, once you're informed of them.

Just because one doesn't care about how others enjoy their gameplay doesn't absolve them from worsening anyone else's.

If you want to play solo, use Solo mode, or a pre-organized Private squad.

EXCEPT THAT APPLIES TO ALL CASES OF GAMEPLAY DISAGREEMENTS! WOAH!

Except that doesn't acquit Online players from being rude to other strangers.

Side note, it would be hilarious if someone took the time and effort to complain about complaints on the forum. Oh wait.

Even more so, if someone complained about complaints about complaints.

Then what if... WOOOAAAAHH!!

Depends on what the reward is. If I'm farming void keys and one pops on wave 5 you better believe I'm taking it.

I agree with a lot you've said except I'm confused about this.

Do you tell everyone you're taking the first [T#] key offered?

Everyone in your key-farming squad, I mean.

Edited by Denninja

Side note, it would be hilarious if someone took the time and effort to complain about complaints on the forum. Oh wait.

Even more so, if someone complained about complaints about complaints.

Then what if... WOOOAAAAHH!!

conspiracy_keanu.jpg

15 pages. Same argument.

Is it possible that there are more than one "right" answer?

There's the option to be considerate of others and when an incompatibility is found,

overcome it through agreements and compromise.

conspiracy_keanu.jpg

19e30f4e3bc63c50f76ba75af5aac0c7.png

15 pages. Same argument.

Is it possible that there are more than one "right" answer?

No way, dude! If you don't play how I play, or how I think you should play, then you're inconveniencing me and you're wrong! I mean, haven't you been reading these last 15 pages!? (I haven't)

The facts remain, when you're inconviniencing your squad ingame,

you're being more detrimental than them pointing it out.

Causing drops to land out of sight, kills to occur out of shared EXP range, both are obvious things to refrain from, once you're informed of them.

Yo bro, I appreciate your >implying, it's almost like you're implying that killing enemies at a door which is maybe 40 feet away from the cryopod and with no ledges around either makes my team lose xp or causes them not to get drops.

Your implications aren't accurate, and if that's the only side-talking-pseudo-argument you've got, you'll have to do better. Maybe the fact that some teammates have to spend 10 seconds grabbing a mod not by the cryopod is just such a grievous wrong that you think I should be more inefficient by sticking near a cryopod?

Let's hear it, because at best every argument I've heard so far is "I don't like you doing it because I myself don't do it, despite the fact that there are literally no downsides to it and in fact since you massacre so many enemies, the rest of the team is flooded with spread XP while you yourself waste suit XP on a lvl 30 warframe." Let's not even mention the fact that the people defending the cryopod have to deal with way less enemies, because apparently some people here don't consider that contributing, by some arcane logic not yet explained.

(pst...that's why this thread is so long...the only explanations for why this is a bad thing are bullcrap...)

Edited by Mhak

No way, dude! If you don't play how I play, or how I think you should play, then you're inconveniencing me and you're wrong! I mean, haven't you been reading these last 15 pages!? (I haven't)

Hey man. Everyone likes a good debate now and again. Sometimes my girlfriend helps me debate, sometimes I even debate myself. But in either case, you have to practice debating until you become a Master at it.

3t0hai.jpg

[size=2]This argument speedbump has been written and approved by Sir Captain Commander General Archistopheles PH.D ESQ.[/size]

Just a word of note: Mods are different for everyone. If someone finds a rare mod, it won't necessarily be a rare mod for you.

Source: My friends and I actually tell each other what we get sometimes. It's always different.

Hey man. Everyone likes a good debate now and again. Sometimes my girlfriend helps me debate, sometimes I even debate myself. But in either case, you have to practice debating until you become a Master at it.

3t0hai.jpg

This argument speedbump has been written and approved by Sir Captain Commander General Archistopheles PH.D ESQ.

The first completely logical post I've read in this thread. Even more-so than my own. With that I withdraw, to each his own.

No wait, one last barb - for the record, every argument I've heard against this boils down to either false implications like causing mods to drop over the edge (please...), or even better, that somebody is "inconvenienced"...ironically asking other players to inconvenience themselves to suit the unnecessary requests like sticking near a cryopod.

Please, please tell me the irony of that is not lost to everybody here...

The first completely logical post I've read in this thread. Even more-so than my own. With that I withdraw, to each his own.

No wait, one last barb - for the record, every argument I've heard against this boils down to either false implications like causing mods to drop over the edge (please...), or even better, that somebody is "inconvenienced"...ironically asking other players to inconvenience themselves to suit the unnecessary requests like sticking near a cryopod.

Please, please tell me the irony of that is not lost to everybody here...

All of this would be solved by giving hosts kick powers and giving us the option to toggle if we host or not.