The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's high time we got a new lever action rifle

AdunSaveMe

Not another sybaris, oh no. A proper single-shot lever rifle. Elegant, awesome, satisfying. Mid range. No scope. Uses sniper ammo. Rounds loaded one at a time, can be interrupted. Slow. Powerful. It has to have satisfying sounds, on both ejection and firing. Also, rounds explode in a short radius on impact.

We'll call it the Ryojis.

DE pls

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I want you to understand that a sniper rifle without a sniper scope is garbage.

No scope means no scope bonuses, no sniper combo.

I'm seeing no stats, no artwork, really not much substance to the concept at all.

Also mind you, we have the Grinlok. You get the Deadly Sequence mod, it's pretty beastly.

Edited by Rehtael7

2 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

I want you to understand that a sniper rifle without a sniper scope is garbage.

No scope means no scope bonuses, no sniper combo.

I'm seeing no stats, no artwork, really not much substance to the concept at all.

But it's not a sniper rifle. It doesn't need combos. It just uses sniper ammo, like bows do. Bows don't have combos either, y'know.

It's a slow, powerful mid-range rifle with explosive rounds. It doesn't need a scope to be good. And what, why do I have to come up with stats? I'd never come up with any good numbers, because I don't balance the game, and the numbers aren't the point. A concept is not innately better off because you put some numbers into it that could just easily be changed by DE in an instant.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

But it's not a sniper rifle. It doesn't need combos. It just uses sniper ammo, like bows do. Bows don't have combos either, y'know.

Sniper ammo is the least likely to drop. Using sniper ammo is considered a downside to a weapon. The advantage that bows have is they have an increased maximum ammo and are so ammo efficient that the reduced ammo finds aren't a problem.

i always like Heavy DMR's, so by all means.

in light of recent events, i'd note that for this sort of Weapon, using Sniper Ammo, but having a pool of... 80-100, and getting 15 units per pickup would help it not be a waste of Ammunition.

Edited by taiiat

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

in light of recent events, i'd note that for this sort of Weapon, using Sniper Ammo, but having a pool of... 80-100, and getting 15 units per pickup would help it not be a waste of Ammunition.

Boom, problem solved. Now nothing stands in our way.

better still, i'll do you one better for Projectiles - Armor Piercing High Explosive.

1m Innate Punch-Through, explodes after it pierces anything.
to be very clear, if you shoot a wall or an Enemy, it would pierce the obstacle, and then explode once it exits the back side of whatever it pierced.

Edited by taiiat

Just now, taiiat said:

better still, i'll do you one better for Projectiles - Armor Piercing High Explosive.

1m Innate Punch-Through, explodes after it pierces anything.
to be very clear, if you shoot a wall or an Enemy, it would pierce the Enemy, and then explode once it exits the back side of whatever it pierced.

That would certainly help with efficiency. But how to tune it so it isn't ridiculously overpowered?

On the subject of piercing explosive rounds, I don't know how DE feels about having weapons that are really awesome. So it seems unlikely.

That would certainly help with efficiency. But how to tune it so it isn't ridiculously overpowered?

On the subject of piercing explosive rounds, I don't know how DE feels about having weapons that are really awesome. So it seems unlikely.

They gave us the Machete, so they seem to be down with really awesome weapons.

Just now, Pyroninja42 said:

They gave us the Machete, so they seem to be down with really awesome weapons.

Yeah, but MECHANICALLY awesome, not just visually. I mean, a lever action rifle with dragon/flame-themed light engraving and explosive piercing rounds is a supremely awesome weapon, a kind of weapon that would make every other weapon in the game look very unexciting; it would look amazing, feel amazing, and sound powerful as hell.

So how much would they be up for that, I wonder?

Yeah, but MECHANICALLY awesome, not just visually. I mean, a lever action rifle with dragon/flame-themed light engraving and explosive piercing rounds is a supremely awesome weapon, a kind of weapon that would make every other weapon in the game look very unexciting; it would look amazing, feel amazing, and sound powerful as hell.

So how much would they be up for that, I wonder?

I'm not sure what this nonsense is about the Machete not being mechanically awesome. It's a top-tier melee weapon, up there with the Jat Kittag, Broken-War, and TWin Basolk.

Just now, Pyroninja42 said:

I'm not sure what this nonsense is about the Machete not being mechanically awesome. It's a top-tier melee weapon, up there with the Jat Kittag, Broken-War, and TWin Basolk.

Yeah, but it doesn't feel powerful, and it doesn't look cool. An explosive piercing LAR looks awesome and FEELS awesome.

For one, if there is no scope then it shouldn't be classified as mid-range and would have terrible ammo- efficiency and since you brought up the examples of bows, I'll use that. First, Rehtael makes the good point of bows being extremely ammo- efficient and at mid-range, the majority of the player base still zoom in to hit their enemies. So this is basically a close- range weapon with somewhat ammo- efficiency but no one would use since because of that explosive bullets, you would end up killing yourself.

4 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Yeah, but it doesn't feel powerful, and it doesn't look cool. An explosive piercing LAR looks awesome and FEELS awesome.

Unfortunately, you don't find many high caliber lever action rifles. Most guns along those lines are either pump(Shotguns, up to 4 gauge), Bolt(most weapons), or even breach loading.

m_499_30mm_anti_material_rifle_by_dronne

T-Gewehr-Anti-Tank-Rifle-featured.jpg

Edited by ArchangelusAlpharius

3 minutes ago, Pyroninja42 said:

Lol, Machete (all types) and Twin Basolk suck

Just now, Popstupid said:

For one, if there is no scope then it shouldn't be classified as mid-range and would have terrible ammo- efficiency and since you brought up the examples of bows, I'll use that. First, Rehtael makes the good point of bows being extremely ammo- efficient and at mid-range, the majority of the player base still zoom in to hit their enemies. So this is basically a close- range weapon with somewhat ammo- efficiency but no one would use since because of that explosive bullets, you would end up killing yourself.

The latron is mid range. Doesn't have a scope.

Ammo efficiency can be changed. It can easily have a larger sniper ammo pool and more ammo per pickup.

The latron is mid range. Doesn't have a scope.

Ammo efficiency can be changed. It can easily have a larger sniper ammo pool and more ammo per pickup.

Since the ammo problem can be easily solved I'll give you that. 

Secondly, in your post, you stated PROJECTILES. Projectiles have travel time and Latron is hit- scan doesn't use sniper ammo. Also, correct if I'm wrong but the Latron does have a scope.

1 minute ago, Popstupid said:

Since the ammo problem can be easily solved I'll give you that. 

Secondly, in your post, you stated PROJECTILES. Projectiles have travel time and Latron is hit- scan doesn't use sniper ammo. Also, correct if I'm wrong but the Latron does have a scope.

I didn't state projectiles, I said 'rounds', nor does that imply it isn't hitscan. It can easily be hitscan like any other rifle while also having punchthrough.

Last time I checked, latron is scopeless.