Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Builds - Valkyr

(PSN)amphose

Question

Hello! I am recently discovering the ULTIMATE POWER GODESS VALKYR... but I don't have a good build. Or primed mods. Does anyone have any builds or mods I should check out. My sindicates are Arbiters, Suda and New Loki (Loka), so I can get mods from those. Thx!

6 answers to this question

I heavily enjoy Valkyr play, though there are many Tenno out there with far more potent builds for her than I have.

The basics, as I see it: focus on modding her for tank stats and power strength, with range and/or duration as you like and of course efficiency if you have space. Steel Charge is a given. Valkyr has the highest base Armor in the game, and with the right mods she's really hard to kill - put as much Health and Armor on her as you can, but ignore shields. In terms of augments (you can get hers from New Loka), Eternal War is the most commonly used as it lets you roll through waves of enemies with with the buff running indefinitely as long as you kill them fast enough, and Duration makes an Eternal War build all the sweeter. NOTE: it is important to consider what mods you put on your melee weapon when running Valkyr, for several of these mods will effect Valkyr's ultimate ability. Do what you like (I usually build for crit damage), but Berserker and Life Strike are valuable assets.

In the mission, Valkyr is an in-your-face melee bruiser, and one of my favorites for channeling. Her shields will usually go down pretty quick, which can be nerve-wracking to players who aren't used to this (it would initially freak me out all the time), but Valkyr without shields is still far from death. Use Rip Line as mobility, or to upset/target high-priority enemies if you're accurate, and Paralysis as a quick enemy disable for finishers or as an escape tool. Warcry will be your bread and butter, giving you a huge armor and attack buff and slowing those pesky enemies that try to run away from you.

Hysteria, her ultimate, is controversial to many. Some Tenno on the forums believe that the invincibility it lends to the frame is game-breaking and press-4-to-win. While this point of view is not entirely incorrect, it fails to account for the fact while yes, Hysteria offers players a large power output for a low skill input, relying on constant use of Hysteria is far from the best Valkyr can do and the strategy ultimately falls off as unsustainable beyond the most basic levels (what with Energy Leeches and Nullifiers). The constant Hysteria strategy also ignores Valkyr's tankiness and the innate lifesteal in the ability itself: if you activate Hysteria at full health, you better have a good reason. Long story short, you can totally build up energy and just stay in Hysteria and mash through enemies, but with a little practice you can do so much better. I use Hysteria for a few different situations. I'll use it if I need to clear through a particularly though cluster of enemies a little faster, to protect an Excavator for example. I'll also use it to safely revive allies. Mainly I'll battle until I get low on health, then pop into GodKitty mode to lifesteal all my health back and reset. Hysteria is a pretty awesome power, but use responsibly, especially since casting Warcry is pretty expensive.

Hope this helps.

Hello! I am recently discovering the ULTIMATE POWER GODESS VALKYR... but I don't have a good build. Or primed mods. Does anyone have any builds or mods I should check out. My sindicates are Arbiters, Suda and New Loki (Loka), so I can get mods from those. Thx!

My build for Valkyr is Steel Charge as aura (duh. or Rejuvenation sometimes. Depends).

Then I add Steel Fiber, Vitality, Continuity, Rage, Transient Fortitude, Narrow Minded, Constitution and Eternal War. I think i need another forma to get Rush.

I use a melee weapons that has high crit, add Berserker and Fury.

Use Warcry.

Paralysis for high level, Eximus enemies. Rip Line to get away really fast (enemies have really bad aim when shooting upward) and Hysteria to revive people.

EDIT: I have Constitution but thinking on changing it after forma to get Rush on utility. Once I'm fast AF I won't need the extra time and I can possibly add another damage mod or armored agility.

Edited by Heatnix.

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 9:08 AM, Rambit23Z said:

I recommend avoiding colored text in the future, as that red is obnoxiously hard to read with the dark theme.

As for build, just google "Hysteria Valkyr" or something.

sorry bout that XD. Thx for your advice

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 9:46 AM, SenorClipClop said:

I heavily enjoy Valkyr play, though there are many Tenno out there with far more potent builds for her than I have.

The basics, as I see it: focus on modding her for tank stats and power strength, with range and/or duration as you like and of course efficiency if you have space. Steel Charge is a given. Valkyr has the highest base Armor in the game, and with the right mods she's really hard to kill - put as much Health and Armor on her as you can, but ignore shields. In terms of augments (you can get hers from New Loka), Eternal War is the most commonly used as it lets you roll through waves of enemies with with the buff running indefinitely as long as you kill them fast enough, and Duration makes an Eternal War build all the sweeter. NOTE: it is important to consider what mods you put on your melee weapon when running Valkyr, for several of these mods will effect Valkyr's ultimate ability. Do what you like (I usually build for crit damage), but Berserker and Life Strike are valuable assets.

In the mission, Valkyr is an in-your-face melee bruiser, and one of my favorites for channeling. Her shields will usually go down pretty quick, which can be nerve-wracking to players who aren't used to this (it would initially freak me out all the time), but Valkyr without shields is still far from death. Use Rip Line as mobility, or to upset/target high-priority enemies if you're accurate, and Paralysis as a quick enemy disable for finishers or as an escape tool. Warcry will be your bread and butter, giving you a huge armor and attack buff and slowing those pesky enemies that try to run away from you.

Hysteria, her ultimate, is controversial to many. Some Tenno on the forums believe that the invincibility it lends to the frame is game-breaking and press-4-to-win. While this point of view is not entirely incorrect, it fails to account for the fact while yes, Hysteria offers players a large power output for a low skill input, relying on constant use of Hysteria is far from the best Valkyr can do and the strategy ultimately falls off as unsustainable beyond the most basic levels (what with Energy Leeches and Nullifiers). The constant Hysteria strategy also ignores Valkyr's tankiness and the innate lifesteal in the ability itself: if you activate Hysteria at full health, you better have a good reason. Long story short, you can totally build up energy and just stay in Hysteria and mash through enemies, but with a little practice you can do so much better. I use Hysteria for a few different situations. I'll use it if I need to clear through a particularly though cluster of enemies a little faster, to protect an Excavator for example. I'll also use it to safely revive allies. Mainly I'll battle until I get low on health, then pop into GodKitty mode to lifesteal all my health back and reset. Hysteria is a pretty awesome power, but use responsibly, especially since casting Warcry is pretty expensive.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for this! I didn't know that War Cry could help so much. Good luck in the future and I hope (if your on PS4) we could play sometime :)