Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can You Sell Arcane Helmets Or Not?

NeonXTheWolf

Question

Long story short, a close friend of mine wanted the Bastet helmet for Valkyr. There was an alert for the BP when he wasn't on, so I got it and built it.

I knew you couldn't trade BP's for alternate helmets or the base helmets. That makes sense. However, across ever FAQ and warframe wiki there is out there, it says you can trade

alternate Arcane Helmets. Now before anything else, let me just say that I've played this game since alpha. I remember when Loki was a starter frame instead of volt.  I know that old alternate helmets were arcane, and granted a bonus to one stat while decreasing another. Since I read literally everywhere that arcane helmets could be traded, I bought a cheap arcane and applied it to the helmet in order to trade it. Nowhere and nobody separated the old 'arcane' with the new arcane helmets. I went to trade the helmet to him for a few rare mods I didn't have, but when I clicked on helmets, it didn't show up. So I thought, "Okay, maybe it counts as an arcane?" nope. Neither. So can someone please answer this question: Can you ACTUALLY trade CURRENT arcane helmets, or is the trading system just that old and messed up?

6 answers to this question

You cannot trade Arcane Moddifed helms(New edition, you know, the ones you fused to make the helm gain special effects? the arcanes you get in Trials?)

You can trade OLD arcane helms....the ones fused with "Special" effects, likewise, the arcane chorus helm...which gives eff. which is not on any other helm.

You can trade ARCANES...like Arcane Strike. or Arc Trickery.

But if you fuse it, you'll have to seperate it using a arcane distiller.(You cannot trade a fused arcane item.)

----------------------------------------

The old arcane helmets should still be tradable, likewise, the 200-300 plat ones. Like the one that give loki extra power range.

------------------------

Do not get confused by Arcane "ALTERNATE" helms, that was a old term.

You have to say, (OLD[or not])Arc Loki Essence helm....going for 9999999 :plat:

Or (Keep in mind, they are different)

WTS Arcane Grace 10x for 999999 :plat:

-----------------------

So to answer your question, it is not messed up.

You cannot trade alt helms, or "NEW" arc alt helms.-The arcanes that YOU fuse to a helm

You can only trade "OLD" arc alt helms (The ones before u10)-The Arcanes that you CRAFT from Alerts

Arcanes and arcane helmets are different things. Arcane helmets are forged from arcane helmet blueprints, which are in limited supply. The arcane helmets are tradable.

Arcanes are items that you apply to an equipment for a stat boost. Arcane helmets inherently have a stat boost.

I think it's best to refer to the old special helmets as Arcane Helmets.

Arcane Enchantments are the things from the Raid Bosses, and you can apply multiple arcane ENCHANTMENTS onto regular gear.

Cosmetic gear, enchanted with the Arcane Enchantments is not trade-able, because cosmetics are not trade-able anyways.

The old Arcane Helmets are the exception, as these Alt-Helms had special effects on them, and were made trade-able when DE switched to the new gear.

I think that the old Arcane Helmets should be brought back, they were very cool, and were removed because DE thought they might represent a "Pay to Win" mentality... this of course is false, as they came up in alerts so you could get them for free.  If it is free to acquire, then it's not paying to win.  Grind to Win is... how most games work anyways.

So yes, I think we all need to stop using the word arcane by itself.  It should always be written as:

Arcane Helmet:  - the old helmets with cool powers.
Arcane Enchantments - the new RNG controlled minor buffs which barely give you any benefit.

Edited by EvilKam

4 hours ago, EvilKam said:

I think that the old Arcane Helmets should be brought back, they were very cool, and were removed because DE thought they might represent a "Pay to Win" mentality... this of course is false, as they came up in alerts so you could get them for free.  If it is free to acquire, then it's not paying to win.  Grind to Win is... how most games work anyways.

From what I understand, they stopped giving alternate helmets stats because they wanted players to be able to choose the helmet appearance they liked rather than the stat bonus they liked. I'm glad they're gone because now I can make the newer frames look however I want without affecting stats, but at the same time I'm glad I've got many of the old ones, because some of those stat boosts are hard to give up.

1 minute ago, Maicael said:

From what I understand, they stopped giving alternate helmets stats because they wanted players to be able to choose the helmet appearance they liked rather than the stat bonus they liked. I'm glad they're gone because now I can make the newer frames look however I want without affecting stats, but at the same time I'm glad I've got many of the old ones, because some of those stat boosts are hard to give up.

I don't see why we couldn't have it both ways.  Just put a toggle on each helmet.  Arcane - Activated (click to deactivate) and Arcane Deactivated (click to activate)