Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 11 test struggles (PS4)

(PSN)Darodd565

Question

Hey guys,

so as the title states, I'm having a really hard time doing the MR11 obstacle course mainly because I can't get my bareings when I pass the first 4 orbs. There's nothing to guide you to the right direction so I basically burn all my time just looking around trying to find the next platform...

any suggestions to help win orientation?

im Using my Saryn Prime and an Ignis so shooting the orbs is the least of my problems.

6 answers to this question

Two words, "practice" "test". 

If you take your time the first few runs you will see all the platforms are actually visible on approach so you know where to go. And it is static, so it is the same each time.

Do you have any personal medical issues that might contribute to this test being difficult? Let's go ahead and establish that early on.

If you have a Simulacrum key, have you tried adjusting the visuals to better suit you when taking the test?

The video that was posted should help guide you if you're just having difficulty on where to go. Once you go up the elevator there's arrows on the floor that point you in the right direction.

Edit: Yeah, looking at the video that platform is a bit more difficult to find since it's below you and doesn't spawn the orb until after you've jumped towards it. It threw me off the first couple of times I did this test again in the new tileset.

Edited by Maicael

My advice, focus on FAST. Bring a fast frame, and a fast-firing weapon that reloads fast.

I'd personally prefer a Volt modded for Duration/Sprint with Energy Siphon and Coaction Drift for good measure (to fill up your energy before starting to recast speed). Then a Glaxion/Synapse (fast-loading primaries) modded for range/reload/magazine size (damage doesn't matter for orbs).

If you don't have a Volt/Glaxion/Synapse, just do the best you can with what you have. Mods make a big difference in Mastery Tests.

Too much speed could be a bad thing. When I was practicing it, I ran it with Loki and an R4 Rush. Occasionally I would be moving so fast that I would miss the target and spend seconds trying to turn around and hit it. Ignis trivializes the non-elevator portions (which the OP already realized) but for the elevator section I had to run something else as the Ignis couldn't seem to hit them. Not sure if it was a mechanic or just really bad luck with me moving and the targets moving around at the same time.

Edited by Wopel