Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Primary Weapon Help/Advice

Aniket

9 answers to this question

I would say Hek, and the build you have for it is quite decent.

Would have to switch out elementals for others for different combinations (Magnetic or Toxin for Corpus, and Radiation/Viral for Grineer.)

All in all, a great build for the Hek. (When you get your hands on the Soma Prime however, I'd use that instead. If you get bored with shotties. :3)

AEP8FlyBoy :
I have the Soma Prime, I personally don't like rapid fire weapons, I like high damage one shot stuff, but boltor I like cuz of the pinning enemies thing

rdman88:
I have no idea what you're saying

Elctrcstel:
If you compare my build with yours, you'll see that mine is better in all 3, total/burst/sustained dmg, plus the spread makes it more likely you wont hit all your shot in the same place, this drastically affects dps and limits your effective range

3 minutes ago, Aniket said:

Elctrcstel:
If you compare my build with yours, you'll see that mine is better in all 3, total/burst/sustained dmg, plus the spread makes it more likely you wont hit all your shot in the same place, this drastically affects dps and limits your effective range

never said it was better, just what works for me, and ive yet to run into anything it cant handle

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

56 minutes ago, Aniket said:

you'll see that mine is better in all 3

Until he shoots into a crowd, and his damage gets multiplied by as many things as he hits, because he's got punch through, and the spread on Hek is a bit sniper-ish, and is, for the rather vast majority of the game, slightly ridiculous overkill.

Makes even more sense to use his build (though I'd recommend corrosive and heat or rad/toxin instead of pure blast) since you're using Lex Prime.  You already have a single target delete button weapon, what you should pair with Lex Prime is something to take out the trash.  If Electrcstel's build doesn't appeal to you, I'd recommend you use the Boltor Prime.

5 hours ago, Aniket said:

rdman88:
I have no idea what you're saying

Some weapons have special abilities where as you earn affinity(XP) with the weapon it charges up a special effect which goes off, dealing 1,000 damage to all enemies in a large area, applys an elemental proc to those enemies, and gives you a restore effect and a buff.

Players call these "syndicate procs".

For solo you typically want one that restores health, or one that restores energy. Those come from Steel Meridian, New Loka or Arbiters of Hexis syndicate weapons or syndicate weapon augment mods. Steel Meridian is especially nice for survival because it also applies an armor buff.

If your frame can restore it's own health, power is also useful. Power is restored by weapons and augments from Red Veil and Cephalon Suda. Red Veil are particularly nasty because they apply Viral procs so even if you're solo'ing high level enemies that aren't killed by 1,000 damage from the proc their HP is still greatly reduced.

Wiki:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Syndicate#Rank_4

Edited by VKhaun

You just have to try out those weapons and find out for yourself. Your list has some good weapons. The Dex Sybaris is one that I'm currently building that is similar to Soma Prime.

The three primary weapons that I use the most are Vaykor Hek, Synoid Simulor, and Tonkor. I used to use Sancti Tigris a lot, but it falls off easily compared to Vaykor Hek.