Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Zephyr?

MechaTails

Question

I got a wild feather up me bum to use the bird lady and realized I have no idea what she does lel

What situations are her strengths and weaknesses? I have it in my head that I want her to glide over battlefields dropping Penta bombs, but melee-based tactics would be cool too.

Are exilus mods like Heavy Impact a good idea? Does she have defensive abilities, since she has tissue paper for armor?

I have a very generic mod set up right now. Health and Shields are at 1200ish, which is amazing to me, compared to the Banshee I usually use anyway.

tQ6yMh0.jpg

Edited by MechaTails

12 answers to this question

She's a frame for high mobility....she's a bird....great for interception missions.....

Turbulence makes you invincible aganist projectile bullets...excluding hitscan projectiles.

Tornado is pure CC, can be status proc-ed for statornados

Tail wind and Divebomb are movement powers.

She also has some gravity immunity...and most importantly, despite the high shields and health. She has 15 armor.

Heavy impact can double proc with Divebomb.

She does not has tissue paper, she has Air on her side.....turbulence.

https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/52-player-guides-tips-apps-useful-websites/

--------------------------------------------------------

Here is a guide about how to use Zephyr with parkour 2.0.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a link to herself on the wikia guide.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Zephyr

--------------------------------------------------

"How to Zephyr"

You can use tailwind to obtain high speed, with a "short" jump, and double jump in tailwind to get even more speed.

Divebomb can be used any time in air.

Turbulence makes you immune to corpus energy bullets.

Tornado's CC is better than sonicor....please do not argue with my opinion.

----------------------

She lacks damage, but what she makes up for it is her speed in Zone to Zone movements.

Edited by Magnulast
Added more info.

11 minutes ago, MechaTails said:

Zeph feels hella tanky after using melee Banshee for so long. The only Augment I might use is for Divebomb for bringing enemies into melee range, and that's if the suction radius is big enough and strong enough to make it worth using. I like the Grineer trident, but the stances I have are boring with only 2 combos each.

I tried my bombing run/strafing run tactic (Penta/Cestras) for the first time just now, and guess what? If you go too high in that one Grineer defense map, you're set on fire and die quickly. For fucks sake lol

Tailwind's slash isn't that effective against Lv30s, I dont see any significant damage done. And the ability's area of effect seems really narrow, maybe only two enemies wide shoulder-to-shoulder.

From personal experience, Zephy's entire game revolves around Turbulence and Tornado TBH. Tailwind is just for speed boosts if you need to get away and dive bomb is fun, but given your below-average energy, its better to just ground slam to be cost-effective.

Pop up turbulence and dance around with your weapon while becoming nearly invincible (which kinda falls flat the moment you meet a bombard who laughs at your face as he launches a rocket at you). If things get too problematic, pop tornado for disruption and a bit of breathing room.

Her 1 is a lot of fun to play with, although we have parkour, same with 2, 

Her 3 is a wind shield, it's actually super nice since it deflects like 80% of the game, and the high health and shields are great too. Can become a walking frost bubble if you wanted.

Her 4 has some good CC,

I wouldn't build for damage personally, mostly duration, and possibly range or efficiency depending on what you like.  Someone beat me to it lol

As for gliding over battlefields dropping penta bombs, no reason why you can't. It's actually kinda entertaining when you're not blowing yourself up midair. Fun story actually, I was trying that and killed myself, and my team was unable to revive me since I got stuck mid-air. Melee ideas are more than possible, although I wouldn't try to get TOO close to people, your shield only reflects bullets, so she can be squish.

Edited by MidgetsTossingPractice

1 hour ago, Magnulast said:

She does not has tissue paper, she has Air on her side.....turbulence.

So she has less than tissue paper armor...lel

Thanks for the links

1 hour ago, MidgetsTossingPractice said:

As for gliding over battlefields dropping penta bombs, no reason why you can't. It's actually kinda entertaining when you're not blowing yourself up midair. Fun story actually, I was trying that and killed myself, and my team was unable to revive me since I got stuck mid-air. Melee ideas are more than possible, although I wouldn't try to get TOO close to people, your shield only reflects bullets, so she can be squish.

Ye, I just formad her and that 1 is fun, especially when it wrecks a mob of enemies. I wonder how useful it'll be at that later on though, probably more useful for the knockdown at that point?

I use a melee Banshee most of the time so the low armor isn't a problem, as long as I have something to manage the mobs with. The knockdown from 1 and 2 sounds good enough, the projectile shield sounds cool too.

17 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Also look at the Augments. I mainly use Jetstream Zephyr for speedrunning rather than Volt, because of Turbulence's protection and the much longer duration.

I don't like speed running, but the projectile speed boost sounds great since I use weapons with travel time. Def have to look at the other augments

Edited by MechaTails

Her kit is kinda outdated sadly...

Tornados are CC but nothing else in the current state where status isn't permanent as it was intendet as she released... and not the kind version of CC but one that violently throws around stuff whike consuming bullets.

Me, i'd recommend the funnel clouds augument for this one-create a tornado squad that sets status and doesn't make the enemys unaccessable to the same. 

From there: grab the turbulence augument, build for max efficiency, keep the range over 50% (self protection) and add a decent ammount of strength and duration to eather (ideally) use the tonkor as a shotgun (projectile speed makes it faster to explode) or to use the innitial protection for melee. (Bullet protection-charge in-shadow step)

The result is a frame with high mobility, decent coverage and the ability to set radial status of your choice (low range makes the squad spawn to your feet before they spread out, just give em a status touch with eather the tonkor or your melee at that point)

I prefer melee but it's entirely up to you what you wanna do with her. Note that both is possible tho!

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Zeph feels hella tanky after using melee Banshee for so long. The only Augment I might use is for Divebomb for bringing enemies into melee range, and that's if the suction radius is big enough and strong enough to make it worth using. I like the Grineer trident, but the stances I have are boring with only 2 combos each.

I tried my bombing run/strafing run tactic (Penta/Cestras) for the first time just now, and guess what? If you go too high in that one Grineer defense map, you're set on fire and die quickly. For fucks sake lol

Tailwind's slash isn't that effective against Lv30s, I dont see any significant damage done. And the ability's area of effect seems really narrow, maybe only two enemies wide shoulder-to-shoulder.

Edited by MechaTails

Yeah, I've been jump-slamming with the trident, it has a huge knockdown radius, which is really depressing because it's so much better at it than Zeph's 1 and 2 powers, or even Heavy Impact since it doesnt even require that exilus mod or energy.