Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I do?

Jorugi

I'm getting kind fo fed up with the game. I don't want to leave it, but feel that should I keep up I will do so before long.

I don't play anything else, which is probably why I'm feeling this way. So, any suggestions on what game I could try in order to get some variability and be able to keep playing Warframe without getting even more fed up?

Genres that I like:
Survival, RPG, FPS, Fighting, Open World & Sandbox. (Preferably that doesn't involve much grinding, but that's something I can easily tolerate in any game)

Genres that I dislike:
Sports, Racing, MOBA, RTS.

My computer has low specs, I'm actually amazed that I can play Warframe at all (My compliment to the Devs for that), The most requirement heavy game I have played here is Dark Souls. Anything that requires more than that is probably not going to run.

Help!

Edited by Jorugi
Grammar & More information.

I do like RPG, I'm not to big on the grinding, but not averse to it. FPS are a good option as well. Preferably not multiplayer, or not too reliant on it at least. RTS is also a no go, forgot to mention those before. Cost is not really that big of a factor, but let's not go overboard ;P

And thanks for the move. I wasn't sure if I was in the right board.

What I suggest:

1. Vampire the masquerade bloodlines. Underrated RPG. Does need unofficial patches to run.
2. Terraria. Fun and cute build game.
3. Shadow warrior. Insanely fun hack and slash RPG.
4. Race the sun. I normally don't like race games either but this one is very enjoyable.
5. Hatoful boyfriend. Pidgeon dating simulator. If you're into that.
6. The wolf among us. Best telltale game imo.
7. The stanley parable. Simply hilarious.
8. The cat lady. Psychological horror game.
9. Fran bow. Another psychological horror game.

And thats about it.

You could just take a break entirely and come back later. Your account isn't going away anytime soon.

Game wise: Transistor and Bastion are beautiful games. Monster Hunter is fantastic, but I'm not sure you want another grindy time-sink with a steep learning curve. Xenoblade or Xenoblade Chronicles are fun RPGs. The Batman: Arkham games are great stealth/combat games. 

Not sure if you have the appropriate consoles though...

Without knowing your interests, it's hard to make real suggestions. But, if you like RPGs you can lose a hundred hours to, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is very good. Handcrafted open-world with a cool story, tons of equipment and fashion, weapon upgrades, tons of optional bosses and side content, lots of possible playstyles, etc. One of my most favorite games of all time. Climb up to the head of a cyclops and ram your sword into its eye until it dies. Ride a dragon into the sky and pierce its heart. Freeze saurians with your magic bow, then explode them in half. Ride a harpy into a chasm. Yessss.

Dunno if you've ever played Last Remnant, but that's pretty cool too. Lots of micromanagement in that game, despite how simple the combat system might look at first. It's also @(*()$ hard. Some of the optional bosses will wreck you. There's a ton of hidden time-sensitive content in there, too. Secret units and such with their own unique abilities. Game basically requires a wiki if you wanna fully understand how leveling and learning abilities works, though.

This last one is gonna sound weird. Bear with me. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII gets a lot of hate because it has XIII in the title. But it's nothing like XIII. The combat is very fast-paced and makes you feel more like you're in direct control of your character. Unlike XIII, there is a LOT to do. You can go to any of the major areas right off the bat and complete the game in any order you like. Enemies and bosses scale with the current in-game day and gain new abilities, so you won't end up trivializing enemies by going to the "easy" parts last. The story is a dumb tropefest, obviously, it's Final Fantasy. But the combat and world and mechanics are all awesome. The atmosphere is very grim. You can literally hunt a species into extinction, and are greatly rewarded for doing so. You can also go straight to NG+ by sleeping at an inn for all 6 days at the beginning of the game, which unlocks hard mode and weapon/armor customization. It can feel slow at times, and Lightning is a boring character, so I understand why someone wouldn't like it. But give it a fair shake. It might surprise you.

You may like Fallout 3/4 or The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, if you haven't already played them. They combine RPG and FPS elements in a large, single player, world. I'd say those are some of my favorite games of all time, but, in my personal opinion, they don't have much of a replayability factor, after everything has been completed. Typically, this would take you around 200 hours to do on a first playthrough anyway, so it shouldn't affect you much.

The BioShock series is pretty fantastic, also RPG/FPS. BioShock 1 and 2 certainly pile on the horror element, and I will readily admit that the first BioShock scared the bejeezus out of me. 2 is a bit more mundane in that department, simply because of the context of the situation. BioShock: Infinite is a lot less horror, and a lot more action, with, in my opinion, a great couplet story with BioShock 1, even if it feels a bit forced.

Borderlands series, another RPG/FPS. I personally kind of went through the actions with it, I wasn't the most impressed, but I found it enjoyable nonetheless.

20 minutes ago, Jorugi said:

(Preferably that doesn't involve much grinding, but that's something I can easily tolerate in any game)

Well, Dank Souls is out the window. 

In all seriousness, I know the feel. I play every day and there are times I just stop playing because of boredom or extreme repetition. I play basically the same genres you do, which makes the relatively easy to suggest stuff. 

(I see a lot of my proposals were already suggested. Cool) Bold items are the best of the best of the best

1. Dragon's Dogma
  2. Skyrim (for ALL THE MODS!!)
  3. Borderlands 1 & 2 (some of my favorite games ever)
  4. Castle Crashers
  5. If you're not tied to Steam, then the Diablo series is magical bliss, though kind of grind-y
  6. Subnautica. Easily my favorite Survival game in existence, and comes hugely recommended. 
  7. Besiege. Watch "let's plays" and you'll get it
  8. The Metro series was a good FPS, though a bit tough for me because my ammo conservation skills are non-existent 

That's all I can think of. Hope you alleviate the frustration and boredom. I'll edit this if I find free games worth playing.