Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Type of Role Should Oberon be with a Rework?

(PSN)StarDustKillah

8 minutes ago, (PS4)StarDustKillah said:

I wasn't expecting you to actually try to place him where he actually is. I was expecting more of a where'd you want to seem him.

Sorry about that. I can be a doofus sometimes

It's alright. For what it's worth, I prefer to work from 'where things are' before stating 'where I'd like them to be'. Premises before conclusion and all that.

5 hours ago, (PS4)StarDustKillah said:

I wanted volt to be that. But that ship has sailed, he is what he is... I'm not positive what that is tbh

I wished for Volt to be that as well, yet for whatever reason the community seems to like him as a "utility" frame. I still build Volt and Oberon as if they were mages. Even in conclaves. 

Edit: I believe we can all agree though Oberon's Smite is one of the best 1s out there, if you haven't tried it in Conclave. Even though I prefer Oberon to be a druid/dps/caster frame (it is honestly because I think with his skin he looks so much like a Celtic druid which is something I haven't seen in any game and would like it expanded on) if he is made into a Paladin with his rework so be it. 

Bottom line make him a mage/caster DE please. Again my unpopular opinion lol, we have enough utility support frames and enough melee frames. 

Edited by Cyphrus

15 minutes ago, Cyphrus said:

I wished for Volt to be that as well, yet for whatever reason the community seems to like him as a "utility" frame. I still build Volt and Oberon as if they were mages. Even in conclaves. 

Edit: I believe we can all agree though Oberon's Smite is one of the best 1s out there, if you haven't tried it in Conclave. Even though I prefer Oberon to be a druid/dps/caster frame (it is honestly because I think with his skin he looks so much like a Celtic druid which is something I haven't seen in any game and would like it expanded on) if he is made into a Paladin with his rework so be it. 

Bottom line make him a mage/caster DE please. Again my unpopular opinion lol, we have enough utility support frames and enough melee frames. 

I see Oberon as a Paladin/Druid. I mainly hope he becomes a better Paladin, in terms of defending himself & others.

I want him to become a 60% Paladin & 40% Druid. I want Smite & Renewal to just become his new one. Having what comes out being controlled by what you aim at (Hold to Self Cast.) Get rid of the mechanic w/ Healing Buff stopping once fully healed.

Hallowed Ground just needs to be waaay better, make it large radius (AT LVL 30 Unmodded), have it take armor from enemies and pass it to Oberon & a portion to allies. Add a player Damage reduction while standing on HG. Add Chance to return enemy fire while on HG, back at attackers at as Radiation Damage.

Move Reckoning to his three. Make the Blind effect actually work, I've never seen this ability blind crap.

Oberon gets a new Ultimate. Druid/Paladin Ultimate, he summons an Exalted Magistar. On enemy kills, exalted Magistar summons a Spirit Magistar that Floats nearby & defends him. He'd be able to have 6 of them at 100% Power Strength. Melee Combo levels grant Oberon an Oversoul Barrier level, each level reduces incoming damage by an 10% for him & allies. Once it wears off, it'd turn into a Raging Spirt that'd inflict the negated damage onto enemies while it followed Oberon. 

The armor that is stolen from enemies by Hallowed Ground decreases his Ultimates energy cost per second, the armor would also add to the damage his Summoned Magistar did while hurling themselves. Channelling in his ultimate would cause them to hurl themselves at the last enemy Oberon struck.

But that's what I would want anyway.