The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor makes all other blast weapons irrelevant due to no self damage.

5 hours ago, TheBrsrkr said:

This is the exact same thing everyone says about every launcher, and people still use them. 

i don't recall seeing anyone in a match actually using penta, orgis or kulstar.  ever

on the other hand, i often see people using tonkor, ss, sonicor, staticor and the other 'oh my god they're OP' weapons the nerf brigade whines about. 

nerfing tonkor would simply add it to a list of unused mastery fodder launchers.

then you can start your next thread:

NERF 'insert weapon/frame here' BECAUSE IT'S OP

2 hours ago, AXCrusnik said:

I'm not saying you have to, but Tonkor is clearly an outlier in terms of damage output. You'd have to be delusional to disagree.

if the nerf brigade is successful, and tonkor is nerfed into mastery fodder, another weapon will rise to the top of the damage output list.

so then you'll want to nerf it, and the next weapon, and the next?

when does the nerf brigade stop?

2 hours ago, AXCrusnik said:

The weapon being fun is not the issue here, the weapon being more viable and effective than every other alternative is.

a weapon being fun is ALWAYS the issue in a game that is played primarily for fun.

fun should always be the central factor in any discussion such as this

and you're saying that tonkor is bad because it's more viable and effective than other weapons?

what kind of argument is that for messing up tonkor:  oh, the weapon is really good, let's screw it up!!!

Just now, DeadlyPeanutt said:

i don't recall seeing anyone in a match actually using penta, orgis or kulstar.  ever

on the other hand, i often see people using tonkor, ss, sonicor, staticor and the other 'oh my god they're OP' weapons the nerf brigade whines about. 

nerfing tonkor would simply add it to a list of unused mastery fodder launchers.

I would give these people the benefit of a doubt, they don't know what they are asking for.

I've played games since the early 90s. And, one thing I have seen time and again, once the community settles on nerfing things to keep the game relevant, the results are often the opposite. Most people would just leave when their fun factor is diminished. They won't bother coming to the forums to whine about it because there are lots of other games to out there.

So the end result, sure you have a better balanced game. But the damage is already done. Players that are not convinced what they have built today won't be nerfed into oblivion will simply move on to the next game where the community hasn't reach that level of futility in their efforts for "balance".

On 5/9/2016 at 8:14 AM, Ksilisab said:

So this really really bothers me. I want to get into using blast weapons since they're kinda fun and they break the monotony once in a while. I have a 5 forma tonkor and I use it as a SHTF weapon occasionally, but it got really boring after using it for so long. I got a secura penta now, and compared to the tonkor, it just cannot compete. There is no real practical reason why you wouldn't use tonkor over any other blast weapon. why? Radius, damage and self damage. Self damage in my opinion is the biggest, most annoyingly inconvenient disadvantage that makes all other weapons pale in comparison to the tonkor. So would it be a better idea to add self damage to tonkor, or remove self damage for all? I need your guys opinion on this. 

I want to enjoy the penta, but it SUCKS compared to the boring alternative.

You have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more control over the penta than what you have over the tonkor.

And how are you killing yourself with the penta? That makes no sense. You control the detonation of the nade.

I vote for a button "Remove tonkor players from your squad" during missions....

I for one am not enjoying any mission when i see people spammingg those grenades. Specially used by a mirage, using first skill. Then one trigger is like 8 grenades and it doesn't matter where they land, everything dies and you can move on...

45 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

"Anecdotal evidence that can't be confirmed or denied so I'm still right" reasoning, Slippery Slope Fallacy, False Dilemma, Appeal to Masses, and a Strawman...

43 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

if the nerf brigade is successful, and tonkor is nerfed into mastery fodder, another weapon will rise to the top of the damage output list.

so then you'll want to nerf it, and the next weapon, and the next?

when does the nerf brigade stop?

Slippery Slope Fallacy / False Dilemma and another Strawman...

40 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

a weapon being fun is ALWAYS the issue in a game that is played primarily for fun.

fun should always be the central factor in any discussion such as this

and you're saying that tonkor is bad because it's more viable and effective than other weapons?

what kind of argument is that for messing up tonkor:  oh, the weapon is really good, let's screw it up!!!

Appeal to Emotion, False Assumptions / Premises and yet another Strawman...

Is resorting to all these classical logical fallacies REALLY the only way you can defend how demonstrably broken Tonkor is? Because I honestly don't think you can come up with an effective, logical, objective reason for keeping the Tonkor as it is now.

Yeah yeah, I know you're heavily biased in favor of defending the Tonkor for rather selfish and emotional reasons that have nothing to do with what other players would like or how they feel. Reading between the lines, you're saying "I like the power I have right now and I don't care what impact it has on others. This is MY Tonkor and no one better touch its power because I damn well said so."

You're not winning this debate here because your premises are false, your conclusions are highly questionable, your motivations are almost entirely selfish, and your arguments are weak and fallacious.

At least when I'm arguing in favor of nerfing the Tonkor, I'm thinking of the rest of the player base first and foremost and not just myself.

Ok, and if i say that my secura penta (2 forma) already made tonkor users cry?

Tonkor players just want to point the weapon, shoot and kill, same for simulor users, without care for where the bomb is, if gonna kill you or not.

Basically, they don't want to play a shooter game, i think that the damage it's ok, just put the weapon to be able to kill you, and playes will forget the weapon, because they don't know how to aim.

Sorry for this "unnecessary violence", but for real, some players just hate to aim. 

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Danilo_Franz said:

Ok, and if i say that my secura penta (2 forma) already made tonkor users cry?

Tonkor players just want to point the weapon, shoot and kill, same for simulor users, without care for where the bomb is, if gonna kill you or not.

Basically, they don't want to play a shooter game, i think that the damage it's ok, just put the weapon to be able to kill you, and playes will forget the weapon, because they don't know how to aim.

Sorry for this "unnecessary violence", but for real, some players just hate to aim. 

Launchers aren't meant to be "aimed" in the traditional sense. They aren't sniper rifles and aren't meant to hit anything long distance. When wielding a launcher, you're supposed to just fire it into a group of enemies and blow them all up at once. If firing it at one enemy, you fire and sort of hope it hits. If you don't like the firing mechanic of launchers don't use them, use a hitscan weapon instead. Players won't forget the Tonkor if it gains self damage. It'll just lose grenade jumping.