Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe modding

SageKhandr

Question

I figured better safe then sorry but this does not retain to modding weapons and or items in the game via mods it is more or less graphical aka texturing client side aka making my frame look different from the rest or giving it another animation rather then whats provided is that frowned on or not allowed reason i ask is i have some awesome ideas for textures to make my frames look better and or even animations that look more my style just wondering if its allowed or not if not is there a way to get my work submitted or something? 

Edited by AndyDemon

6 answers to this question

Modifying the game's files on your own can get you banned, as it would be a violation of the User Agreement(s) for the game, and because it would likely trigger the detection software which checks for modified game files.

However, there is a section of the forums that is a place where players can grab the appropriate tools for creating content and submitting it to Digital Extremes for a chance of having said content included in the game.

But in the end, player-made content has to be put in the game by DE, otherwise it's not allowed.

5 minutes ago, AndyDemon said:

I figured better save then sorry but this does not retain to modding weapons and or items in the game via mods it is more or less graphical aka texturing client side aka making my frame look different from the rest or giving it another animation rather then whats provided is that frowned on or not allowed reason i ask is i have some awesome ideas for textures to make my frames look better and or even animations that look more my style just wondering if its allowed or not if not is there a way to get my work submitted or something? 

For that see the steam workshop. If you can create the texture you'll be able to submit it and if enough people upvote it, it'll be implemented in-game for everyone to purchase it.

As an added bonus, you'll make a little bit of money each time your skin is bought by someone.

The others pretty much covered everything about the skin and textures.

Something I can suggest about the animations, since there isn't a way to do an official submission, is just go ahead and make the animations if you want (as long as it's outside of the game files) and post it on the forums.

Just to clarify, if you're talking about anything like SweetFX or ENBseries, those are allowed, as they are just graphical display changers, and do not interfere with game files.

[DE]Steve confirmed that they are okay to use in a Devstream... a LONG LONG time ago.

On a twitch channel, far away.