Help On Weapons for Valkyr

(XBOX)Sean Blaze 410

Question

Hello Tennos,

Been working on my Valkyr. Here is how she is built:

Valkyr Build

These are her weapons:

Nikana Prime

Despair (I don't currently have Despair so I'm using Hikou Prime)

Zhuge

I love the way she uses the Nikana Prime and the Despair (Hikou at the moment). I'm not sure if I like the Zhuge on her. I was wondering what is a good primary women for her? This by far is my favorite frame in the game (because I can't die lol), and I want a better primary. Though I like the Zhuge, I just feel like it doesn't fit her.

Thanks in advance

10 answers to this question

Ditch jagged edge and fury, get organ shatter, and add more raw elemental mods. 

Hysteria has a very high base crit chance and crit damage, and a high attack speed by default, berserker is enough, and capitalizing on those crits is key. Hysteria has low status chance and has an even split of impact, puncture, and slash, so slash mods are wasted.

Your primary is up to you, I like bows and use rakta cernos often due to energy generation just in case I'm fighting stuff that doesn't hit me hard enough to build rage. but that's personal preference tbh. If you like zhuge use it. If you don't like the look just hide when holstered so it doesn't show up when you are hysteria'ing.

The only thing that matters for valk is the melee mods you put on your melee weapon.  Ideally choosing a weapon that does well with that mod selection is handy (does alright with spoiled strike sans fury, high crit). 

Edited by Gelkor

1 hour ago, Gelkor said:

Hysteria has a very high...

Looking at his build it is obviously Warcry one, and not for Hysteria. As such it is quite similar to mine. She is definitely melee frame so pick whatever gun looks good on your back and can pop nullifier's bubble fast (twin grakatas is my choice here - you can stop shooting early and the bubble will still pop). As for the melee weapon I use dual ichor with blood rush and body count - scales nicely along with enemies in survivals :)

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

Looking at his build it is obviously Warcry one, and not for Hysteria. As such it is quite similar to mine. She is definitely melee frame so pick whatever gun looks good on your back and can pop nullifier's bubble fast (twin grakatas is my choice here - you can stop shooting early and the bubble will still pop). As for the melee weapon I use dual ichor with blood rush and body count - scales nicely along with enemies in survivals :)

Gun is Wrong! Pick a bow to look good on your back =)

58 minutes ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

If it's a warcry build you still don't need fury, because warcry is more than enough.  Also, just because you have eternal war doesn't make it a warcry build (every good hysteria build uses eternal war), and with that low of duration and high of power strength, it's really not a warcry build, you really only see that excessive of power strength on endless hysteria builds. There is kind of a soft cap on attack speed and you don't need nearly that much power strength with warcry to reach it.

Edited by Gelkor

3 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

it's really not a warcry build

I believe it is time for OP to tell us what he wants with his build :) For me power drain on Hysteria of over 5 energy per sec is clear sign that OP is not going to stay in it forever, but it's ok to top up health every now and then. But high power strength will buff Warcry greatly. Also duration of 10 seconds is not that bad, you just have 10 seconds to start killing, after that Warcry will last as long as there are enemies and initial duration doesn't matter at all.

Sorry was omw from work, had to stop and do some things for the kids. This is not a Warcry Build, it's a Hysteria Build. The Warcry is used as fuel for the Hysteria to ramp it up some more. I want to be able to feed the Hysteria as much as possible. When in T4 defenses I have no problems getting that 10 seconds of Warcry up to 40-50 seconds.

If it's a hysteria build, why do you have rage and so much armor?  Swapping those out for efficiency mods will greatly decrease your power drain and allow you to stay in hysteria, instead of having to drop out, gain energy (and possibly die), only to recast again (which takes time away from killing).

I chose Rage because for me Energy Orbs hardly drop, so whenever my Hysteria is over it's hard for me to regain energy without having to find a corner to use an Energy Restore. And when ur higher up taking damage with the extra armor keeps me alive. If I had less problems getting energy I would go for efficiency. But I'll try your build out and see how it works for me.