Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Ember Buff Ideas

KingZink

I have been playing some Ember, and noticed she is pretty weak compared to the rest of the warframes. She is also the laughing stock of all the warframes on streams. 

One thing I believe might make her 4th ability, World on Fire, better is to make her resistant to crowd control, kind of like Rhino's Iron Skin, while it is active. The reason I think this is because she has to run right into the battle. Ember also does fire damage, which is best against infected, and runner's dying tends to stun lock her. An alternative to this could also be making World on Fire kill the runners without them exploding. Another thing I think would make World on Fire a better ability, to compete with other warframe choices, is to lower the cast time on it.

Next, Fire Blast, the 3rd ability. I used an unranked one and then upgraded it 2 times, and noticed that there wasn't anything new you get for upgrading it. Now I just might not have noticed the difference. If leveling it does do something, leave a comment as to what it does.

Any one else that has a logical idea to make Ember better, feel free to give some feedback

Thanks

~The King

I don't believe Ember needs a buff at all when fully modded...

First off regarding your want for a defensive skill like iron skin Ember already has one which is stronger than Iron Skin where instead of  adding 800 shields at max she gains 70% damage reduction called Overheat and when equipped with a maxed focus and continuity she can walk around for 22s without taking any damage (including Jackal 1HKO on any frame but Ember).

Second maxed World on Fire cast may take long but its a fair trade off considering with the reach mod you can move 3 steps and kill almost everything in a room not to mention you can cast this after your Overheat so you take no damage during cast time.

Lastly Fire Blast when upgraded just becomes sightly stronger and will stay active for a longer period of time.

Only skill I want to see a buff on for Ember would be her fireball as it is useless but every frame needs a useless skill I guess.

Fire blast has a 10 sec duration at all levels

You sound like you have more experience with her, but i still think she needs a slight boost to make her more viable. And when i was talking about iron skin, i didn't mean that she would take less damage, i meant that she should get a crowd control resist LIKE Iron Skin so that she can't be stun locked from runners.

Ember doesn't need a buff. Her problem is she needs a very specific mod setup in order to really see what she has to offer, and you need a lot of mod space to do an even remotely decent setup with her. 20-25 mod space will make her workable at least, but you really need to potato her to see that if anything she is a little overpowered.

Fireball could use a small buff though. It's OK vs ancients since it actually sticks to them and damages nearby light infected for a good chunk of damage and since it sticks to the ground too it might be a somewhat energy efficient way to deal with rollerballs if you don't want to use Overheat for whatever reason. The problem is it doesn't seem to stick to other enemy types, making it nearly useless vs Grineer and Corpus.

One thing I believe might make her 4th ability, World on Fire, better is to make her resistant to crowd control, kind of like Rhino's Iron Skin, while it is active. The reason I think this is because she has to run right into the battle. Ember also does fire damage, which is best against infected, and runner's dying tends to stun lock her. An alternative to this could also be making World on Fire kill the runners without them exploding. Another thing I think would make World on Fire a better ability, to compete with other warframe choices, is to lower the cast time on it.

Have you ever used WoF? It is by far the best farming tool in the game, even bordering on OP. Even THINKING of a buff to this skill shows that you don't know how to use it, and you don't know how to use Ember.

Fireball and Fireblast need a complete rework. That's all.

Edited by Tryysaeder

You've been watching the wrong players play an Ember then and need a tad more experience with her.

A well modded ember is basically what I would consider top tier (not to be confused with over powered), but to be fair, you NEED either a potato/ Jiggys + high leveld mods. My only beef is WoF only affecting 3 enemies randomly. it could either be 3 closest enemies(which spreads out as the close ones die) or buffed to 4 random and that skill is perfect, but easily arguable fine as is. As well as her fire blast ring being a tad on the small side since it's DoT is only affected inside the ring(I haven't noticed anything happening when enemies are inside it. It should do something when they're inside).

Her Overheat is beastly modded, second only to link and spits on the new iron skin. It appears almost every Ember user agrees (since the WoF fix) her fireball needs either a buff or rework. 

Also if you want crowd control with Wof pop an Overheat either before or after.

As for leveling her fire blast it increases casted area damage and radius of casted damage.

Edited by SonicDoragon

ember doesnt need any buffs at all but ember is pretty weak with no proper mods cause her skills relies too much on mods to work properly like world of fire and overheat, most of the top rank guys are using ember as a tool to get kills using world of fire and just burn down everything in path

Edited by _Vorg_

I just started Ember this morning and yes, starting out it seems weak but once you start putting mods to it then it becomes very useful.

I wouldn't recommend it to a new player as the learning curve sort of sucks but once you know what you are doing there is no reason not to play Ember.

WoF is the first mod I looked forward to using.

Is the Wiki wrong that WoF has a limit of three targets? I don't see how it can be considered so powerful if that's accurate information.

Because its damage ticks are frequent and it does craploads of damage. Plus it works with Stretch and Continuity. I actually don't use it myself that much though since Overheat and a good melee weapon usually get the job done.

Buff the most powerful warframe damage-wise? "weak compared to the rest of warframes"?

What have you been smoking, dude? I want some of that.

1) Ember is the only warframe that deals damage with all of her abilities.

2) Ember deals tons of damage with some of that damage ignoring armor and resistances (fire ring and overheat ticks)

3) She can deal these tons of damage while running around and shooting.

The only thing needing a rework is Fireball, but then again - a lot of frames have a weak first ability.

How to play Ember properly:

1) orokin reactor

2) max your abilities, throw your fireball ability away and forget it exists

3) max the following mods: Flow, Streamline, Focus, Continuity, Stretch

4) go to infested defense mission and solo it up to wave 15 effortlessly - just watch your energy.

Overheat, World On fire and run around casting Fireblasts - you dont need any weapons.

Also, be sure to take Ignis and Dual Heat swords to maximize the effect of being awesome.

Really, Ember is one of the best frames if built properly.

Is the Wiki wrong that WoF has a limit of three targets? I don't see how it can be considered so powerful if that's accurate information.

Three targets at a time. Not three targets total. Per "tick", shall we say, a gout of flame hits three targets.

i have an ember which potatoed, and polarized 4 times. its ridiculously overpowered, just pop overheat and WoF, take a proper melee wep(orthos? to hit multiple targets at one swing), and start butchering and burning them with your %91ish dmg reduction.

dont get me wrong i am not talking about infested or low lvl zones, try it against corpus at outer terminus, at higher waves(talking about 30ish waves), result will be same. 

Edited by bualeminkrali