Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Melee Question

EnS_PunisheR

Question

I've always used Artemis Bow Spec with Ivara until today when I switched to a pure Stealth Build.

In stealth I mostly use melee and I have noticed MASSIVE increases in damage.

Just recently I was doing a match with Lecera and my styles got the Affinity Boost for Head Shots. I activated stealth and the damage numbers climbed and I am assuming that is because Ivara gets bonus damage on Head Shots when in stealth.

I also ran a few matches with Lesion and Lesion also did a lot more damage when I was using it from stealth.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Do all weapon styles aim for head shots or is Ivara passively aiming for head shots? I've actually aimed at the ground while styling and it was still popping high numbers from head shots. They don't hit all the time but it appears to be popping head shots about 70% of the time so even with a very lightly modded weapon Ivara frequently pops 40k damage and I have seen those melee numbers rise over 150k a few times and I am guessing that those are crit head shots.

7 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, rage4198 said:

prowl gives damage multipliers

Yeah I know :)

I read that as being a damage bonus to Head Shots though and she is either always hitting head shots from stealth or it is a flat bonus and head shots don't matter so that is what I am trying to figure out.

Anyway, Ivara was already my favorite but now I just love her more.

Your first melee hit from stealth vs an enemy that is unaware of you gains an 8x damage multiplier. This can stack with the headshot bonus from prowl for even more damage, though I'm not exactly sure about how melee weapon targeting for whips etc works as I generally don't use them.

If you really want to do some damage, stick a Glaive on Ivara. It gets the stealth melee boost, the headshot bonus and the damage boost from Navigator. IIRC you get a 56x damage multiplier if you can manage to apply all 3 damage buffs, and that is without ANY power strength.

16 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

If you really want to do some damage, stick a Glaive on Ivara. It gets the stealth melee boost, the headshot bonus and the damage boost from Navigator. IIRC you get a 56x damage multiplier if you can manage to apply all 3 damage buffs, and that is without ANY power strength.

That is one of the most awesome combinations that I still haven't done much myself.  Too busy using all the other Ivara damage options.  :D

I believe the weapons target the body typically,  there was a patch note a little bit ago about a weapon being readjusted to target the torso from where ever it was hitting.

I believe the only things that "typically" target the head are explosions. Tonkor, glaive charged shots and the like.

It depends on the angle of attack when the weapon hits. Some of the attack patterns can hit high enough to strike the head first.  Those will be counted as headshots.  For example the last attack in the Nikana's Blind Justice Heeding Call combo can headshot.