Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cause of mods uninstalling themselves upon exiting menu?

DEATHLOK

Question

This happens half the time, as far as I can tell: Mods I've just installed will uninstall themselves once I leave the menu, and I don't realize it happened until much later. I'm often running into missions without ever upgrading my weapons, because my upgrades uninstall themselves.

I thought maybe using ESCape instead of the BACK button caused it, but that's not it. It happens randomly, about half the time.

What gives?

7 answers to this question

Workaround: Leave the arsenal and go back in before using a forma, swapping polarities or applying an upgrade.

Changes to your mods are only saved when you exit the arsenal screen (by any button).

Any changes you have made since opening the arsenal are reset when you use a forma and probably some other things. Swapping polarities probably resets them. Maybe applying a catalyst, reactor or lens? Not sure. 

So you make your changes, but they're not saved. Then you apply a forma and they get reset to BEFORE you made your changes. Then when you exit the arsenal it saves as the same thing from before you made your changes, as if they never happened.

You can observe this easily. Just make some changes, then forma something and check the thing you changed afterwards. Changes gone.

Edited by VKhaun

OK. So it's a PITA everyone sees, not just me. Good to know.

I think I'm being told that this happens every time you apply an Orokin Catalyst, Forma, or upgrade a mod via Fusion.

So, I take a naked warframe and three new weapons into battle. After leveling up a bit, I throw some mods on everything. Then I get the bright idea to apply an Orokin Catalyst to a weapon and increase its capacity. Everything appears to go as planned. I return to battle, only to find my weapons seem as weak as ever. Only after my mission do I discover that every mod I applied was removed—not just for the weapon I potato'ed, but every other weapon AND my warframe, too.

Yes, this is a PITA.

So you have to exit the Arsenal menu to "lock" mods into place? Otherwise, they can vanish, if you so much as Fuse a mod just added.

Do you need to back out to the main ESCape menu, or past that (basically return to third-person control), as well ?

Edited by DEATHLOK

4 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

So you have to exit the Arsenal menu to "lock" mods into place? Otherwise, they can vanish, if you so much as Fuse a mod just added.

Do you need to back out to the main ESCape menu, or past that (basically return to third-person control), as well ?

Yep. Just step out of the arsenal to the point you can walk around in the liset before you do any upgrading to save whatever changes you made before the upgrade.