Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best damage type that includes heat

Mimolette

Question

Hey all Forum Tenno, I got a question regarding heat damage.

Say I have a Sancti Tigris and I mod it out with some staple mods like Primed Point Blank, elementals etc. If I have 2 slots left (one of them is reserved for Blaze) and plan to use these for elements, which one should I use? I could either go pure heat, gas, radiation or blast and was wondering which would be better in general. I know corrosive or viral or whatever combo is better, but in this case, I can only go with an elemental combo that goes with heat, or pure heat. Call it, a utility hybrid build. How good would it be against the majority of factions? Any stats appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

5 answers to this question

Radiation is strong against Alloy Armor (+75%) (Bombards and Napalms being the toughest targets), but bad against Infested heavies (-75%) (particularly Ancients).

Heat is good against light infested (+50%), but weak against Proto Shields (-50%) (namely Corpus Tech).

Gas is also good against light infested (+75%), and okay against corpus with high status (for AoE Toxin procs). Due to the way status chance works on shotguns, they need to have 100% status chance to be effective, however.

Blast damage has +50% to Infested heavies, but nothing much else. It also increases the distance enemies go when you kill them, which is hilarious on shotguns.

Edited by Prof_Blocks_007

Assuming heat and not assuming a target makes this awkward to answer...

I'd say put Tactical Pump or Soft Hands in that slot until you actually start shooting things and they both survive AND pose a serious danger to you. Then add damage to compensate. That damage will probably be Radiation as Grineer Napalms are going to get tanky and dangerous, while Heavy Gunners have giant beach-ballesque heads and like to waste ammo on low walls.

That's going to be a narrow window though. For a Sortie or endless you're going to want to build the weapon to suit the mission and targets, and blaze may not be included.

Edited by VKhaun

On 5/15/2016 at 8:25 AM, OniGanon said:

Radiation.

But how do you only have 2 slots left on the Sancti Tigris?

Primed Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Seeking Fury, Vicious Spread, Blaze... 3 slots left.

Hmm Radiation...I thought so, though I was simply wondering how effective pure heat really was. Thanks!

I have 2 slots left because I used the rest for utility, so Tactical Pump and Tainted Shell.

I know, I know, 'DPS decrease', 'Not for high level content', bla bla bla.

On 5/15/2016 at 9:09 AM, VKhaun said:

Assuming heat and not assuming a target makes this awkward to answer...

I'd say put Tactical Pump or Soft Hands in that slot until you actually start shooting things and they both survive AND pose a serious danger to you. Then add damage to compensate. That damage will probably be Radiation as Grineer Napalms are going to get tanky and dangerous, while Heavy Gunners have giant beach-ballesque heads and like to waste ammo on low walls.

That's going to be a narrow window though. For a Sortie or endless you're going to want to build the weapon to suit the mission and targets, and blaze may not be included.

Awesome thanks, I was just wondering since I just recently decided to test Blaze out (that 90% damage increase looked interesting) and was just wondering if it would be better/worse than an element that's effective against a certain faction.