The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game needs "fat" warframes

Deshiel

Just now, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

And again stop with your emotional profane a it doesn't help your argument sheesh. 

what emotional "profane".

it was sarcasm. Had no negative nor positive input, beyond ridiculizing people who get bothered by someone saying that representation is important.

Damn, stop being so "emotional" regarding my emotions.

(this was sarcasm. But yes, telling me to stop doing something that is harmless and worse, and constructive at best, is just annoying and dismissive, accept your human sensibility boy.)

Well here is the thing: To do this right, it has to be done right. I mean that sounds stupid but hear me out.

If we make a big frame and make him like a god or something, we need a god that is fat. Now what comes to mind is the god of wine and food, like bachhus, who ONLY SOMETIMES is depicted as fat if at all. But we wouldn't want to link fat with drinking wine and eating right?

Then we could do sumos. But again, this is "usefull fat" which makes it hard again because "ermagerd he can only do it because he is so fat" and people are upset again.

On one side people want to be represented but on the other side they don't want to because they feel insulted.

The only way to win fights like this is to just not give a S#&$ honestly. And i am not saying this because i don't want a fat frame. I just don't want this forum to become one big "wine-house". People will ALWAYS find a way to just @(*()$ rip other people apart over the most trivial things and the internet just shows how much some people throw away even their slightest bit of self respect to assume the victim role and feel like they own the place because of it. I don't need that in warframe. It was bad enough when people felt insulted when someone jokingly said, that the banshee premium skin was fat.

Just now, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

But we can have educated guesses and it is VERY likely that it is not their idea of perfection and until someone can provide clear proof against what I have stated(I looked at science fiction societies like the Orokin and almost none think of fat as perfection) than we should go with what is most likely their idea of perfection, am I wrong?

No. As matter of fact, you are very right. I'll stick to the side that's using comparisons to other like-minded societies and "research" to back them up. But I advise you leave the thread before it gets any worse.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Woofsie said:

Last I checked medically being obese is not healthy. At all. The "right" physical attribute would be the average joe. In a moderate amount of fitness, not overly healthy, and not overly unhealthy. Also, numbers are proof (sometimes) of things being right. The majority agrees 2+2=4, so by your logic that's only popular. Not right. Political correctness or "acceptance" be damned, if you're unhealthy you're unhealthy. Those are the facts. I'm just going to leave before this thread gets any worse.

Thank you someone had to tell him/her but I didn't want to have to type that much anymore. I let really shoved all the points in their face and they just didn't get it.....

1 minute ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

But we can have educated guesses and it is VERY likely that it is not their idea of perfection and until someone can provide clear proof against what I have stated(I looked at science fiction societies like the Orokin and almost none think of fat as perfection) than we should go with what is most likely their idea of perfection, am I wrong?

yes, you are.

when you don't know something, the best thing to do is not to make guesses about it and use those guesses as arguments to support or contradict something. You said it yourself.

it is dangerous to admit something we don't know is this or that thing just because that's what we want it to be.

besides, the idea of perfection many, many time doesn't cope with the idea of healthiness. I thought that bodybuilding and supermodels made that clear.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Woofsie said:

No. As matter of fact, you are very right. I'll stick to the side that's using comparisons to other like-minded societies and "research" to back them up. But I advise you leave the thread before it gets any worse.

Thank you butI'm going to stick around was I one of the main people who used pure logic to speculate about umbra and everything I said was correct even the majority said ode be wrong. I handled the founders salt and i can handle this shj's.

The difference between them and me is that even though I don't have big words and sound smart I use logic. They pull up every resource possible and use as many big words as possible to create confusion so they can win the argument because they cannot win it for themselves using their noggins. Basically I eat chumps like this for breakfast(in logical debates), they're just lucky I don't have my keyboard....

1 minute ago, tnccs215 said:

yes, you are.

when you don't know something, the best thing to do is not to make guesses about it and use those guesses as arguments to support or contradict something. You said it yourself.

it is dangerous to admit something we don't know is this or that thing just because that's what we want it to be.

besides, the idea of perfection many, many time doesn't cope with the idea of healthiness. I thought that bodybuilding and supermodels made that clear.

Those people aren't perfect. Far from it. I've heard it be referred to as the "Cult of the Body." They focus on making one aspect of their life perfect to the detriment of other aspects. So, in a sense, they are rather hypocritical. The IDEA of perfection may not coincide with healthiness, but the REALITY of it does.

3 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

yes, you are.

That's if we guess without reason if we have things to back up said guesses like mine it's fine. But you had nothing to back what you were saying which in that case is dangerous. You said it yourself people once thought the world was round and they used so called common sense. Like them you aren't using reason and are only basing what your saying what you want reality to be like not what it is.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Woofsie said:

Those people aren't perfect. Far from it. I've heard it be referred to as the "Cult of the Body." They focus on making one aspect of their life perfect to the detriment of other aspects. So, in a sense, they are rather hypocritical. The IDEA of perfection may not coincide with healthiness, but the REALITY of it does.

We should stop we cannot convince delusional people who hide behind not only the computer screen but confusion that they make and big words.

The big border here is just instinct. Naturally, hoomanes(and any other animal, really) look for perfection in others because this determines if they can be a potential mate. The healthier an animal is kinda sets the basis for the quality of their genes and ability to reproduce. It's just the way it is.

tl;dr: Whether you like it or not, health and appearance determine your success in life.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyWaffles said:

fat frames?

doubt it. mainly because of clipping issues. one would massively clip through the dropship on those animation segments. not to mention weapon positioning and customized animation issues (using other frame animation sets)

Doesn't keep certain heavy frames already existing from playing. Hydroid, well, it's hard to define that frame! lol

2 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

We should stop we cannot convince delusional people who hide behind not only the computer screen but confusion that they make and big words.

You sir just seemed up my feelings towards most Liberals. I respect you.

On 5/16/2016 at 10:16 PM, (PS4)magnumcrowe said:

I wouldn't be against the idea so long as it's done tastefully and with a theme that makes sense, but I don't see it happening. Wouldn't fit with the theme and I'm not sure how many people would want to play the frame. Even for the sake of political correctness, I could see it going wrong.

Here's the thing, both in terms of lore and in terms of design, the 'frames we have are power fantasies. To paraphrase the off-voice (which may or may not have been the Lotus) in Second Dreams (and avoiding spoilers), "Think not of who you are, but who you want to be" (I say paraphrase because it's been a while and I don't want to be told I misquoted it). Think of what the warframes are and their relationship to the Tenno and you can immediately see my point here. This is also true of video games in general, and as an overweight person myself, I'm not sure I would be attracted to an overweight warframe just because it's an overweight character. On the contrary, I'd probably still go for a more fit character because that's "who (I) want to be". This isn't an insecurity thing, mind you, I'm perfectly fine the way I am and am not exactly trying very hard to lose my pot belly. But frankly, if you gave me an easy choice with zero effort required between being a buff tough-guy or a fat guy, well, it's kind of an easy choice.

This might work, however, for a male warframe. There are plenty of archetypes in fiction and mythology of fit, powerful and yet husky men. It could be doable on that end. Here's my question though, and I'm asking this because there's a very serious tone of political correctness that's seeping into this discussion: where's your fat chick? I say it might make sense depending on theme and all to make a husky male warframe, but I can't think of a whole lot of similar female archetypes in mythology or fiction, and for the sake of pc, that would create it's own problem. As is, the warframes all have relatively ideal body types and this makes sense considering the power fantasy angle. At the same type, I do applaud warframe because the body types are still somewhat diverse considering this; compare bulky Rhino to Nekros's bony @$$ and then Saryn's generous, umm, proportions to Nova's, uhh... yeah. Look, before anyone jumps at my throat here, pc isn't my cup of tea; I'm the kinda guy who questions why we can't use fun four letter words in the forums of a game that's rated M without risking getting reported. However, it's one angle to think about and here's my opinion looking at it from there, and it is something we need to broach in this specific topic.

TL;DR? There are thematic reasons why the warframes have idealized body types and why I'm fine with them staying that way and if we force a fat warframe solely for the sake of political correctness, even from that angle it might f*** up. Badly.

as a fat chick, i think fat frames overall are a TERRIBLE idea. but if we had a fat female frame, i can only think something like a twisted fertility goddess. something with a a summoner play-style and a body-horror motif, maybe. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Thank you butI'm going to stick around was I one of the main people who used pure logic to speculate about umbra and everything I said was correct even the majority said ode be wrong. I handled the founders salt and i can handle this shj's.

The difference between them and me is that even though I don't have big words and sound smart I use logic. They pull up every resource possible and use as many big words as possible to create confusion so they can win the argument because they cannot win it for themselves using their noggins. Basically I eat chumps like this for breakfast(in logical debates), they're just lucky I don't have my keyboard....

so...what you seem to be saying is research and intelligence should be outdone by being good at being argumentative and obstinate? 

4 minutes ago, TheMetrocop said:

The big border here is just instinct. Naturally, hoomanes(and any other animal, really) look for perfection in others because this determines if they can be a potential mate. The healthier an animal is kinda sets the basis for the quality of their genes and ability to reproduce. It's just the way it is.

tl;dr: Whether you like it or not, health and appearance determine your success in life.

Does health include smarts? Because technically your brain could be unhealthy.