The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ReVolt for deluxe skin

Leoguy

Sorry about the title, I really wanted to make a dumb pun.

Now back to the topic: so we know Mag and Volt reworks are coming at the end of May. But Is there any information about deluxe skins for them? I've heard somewhere that

all warframes get deluxe skins, so it would seem probable to have one for each of the old frames right? Saryn got a deluxe for rework, but we can't really establish a pattern for

the deluxe skins, and I am also talking about future deluxe skins for other frames as well, let me know what you guys think.

Also, if you want to keep reading, a slightly related but different topic:

-They stated Volt's first stays the same other than some synergy potential. Are they going to fix the soft targeting on his electric stun? sometimes its very unreliable to stun single target even when you point the crosshair at it.

- Will they ever go back and change the appearance for the lackluster-looking primes (Excal, Frost, Mag, Volt,etc.)? Or is deluxe skin the solution? I don't want to rant, but the recent prime accesses are definitely on a whole different level than the old primes. I am going to use an example here:

Saryn's rework+deluxe skin pack+prime appearance+much better stats+nikana and spira prime+accessories

-compared to-

Volt's prime access+Odonata Prime+accessories

I have to complain that Volt p looks just like Volt with a different skin and a few bling attached...

Volt don't even get two prime weapons for his prime access...looks a bit like we are playing favorites here...

And also Volt p's highest energy count is now matched by Saryn p and overall less of a tanky frame than Saryn, make him even less popular, and as much as I wanted to believe, I doubt the rework will fix that.

Hell, I fear they may even increase his energy consumption for his new 4th ability, now that when you use his shield on the move it drains energy.

Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by Leoguy

5 minutes ago, Leoguy said:

I have to complain that Volt p looks just like Volt with a different skin and a few bling attached...

All primes look like that, though. Besides, I think Volt Prime is one of the better looking ones. I agree that the older ones lack some extra shiny bits, but overall I can't complain, especially with the recent PBR updates.

I don't know if they'll go back and change up the older Primes... but each Frame will indeed get their own Deluxe skin, in time of course.
And the Deluxe skins can subsequently be used on the Prime frames.

As for Volt's rework, I think it will turn out fine in the end. Just might have to mod for a bit more efficiency.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

20 minutes ago, Leoguy said:

Saryn's rework+deluxe skin pack+prime appearance+much better stats+nikana and spira prime+accessories

-compared to-

Volt's prime access+Odonata Prime+accessories

I`d say that Volt Primes Prime accessories were much better than Saryns. the sigil is ok, but the Cycuta syandana is a mess. why?

- Tacky textures that are really ugly to look at.

-messed up tints that aren`t compatible with any other accessories

at least the Edo Prime armor is useable with other accessories.

16 minutes ago, IANOBW said:

All primes look like that, though. Besides, I think Volt Prime is one of the better looking ones. I agree that the older ones lack some extra shiny bits, but overall I can't complain, especially with the recent PBR updates.

All frames and I am sure eventually the entire game gets PBR, that shouldn't be an excuse

Have you look at recent primes like Saryn, Trinity, Ash and Vauban? They may have the same body contour, but they got way more decorations such as extra armors and accessories than the old primes.

18 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I don't know if they'll go back and change up the older Primes... but each Frame will indeed get their own Deluxe skin, in time of course.
And the Deluxe skins can subsequently be used on the Prime frames.

As for Volt's rework, I think it will turn out fine in the end. Just might have to mod for a bit more efficiency.

I know they will all get it, but when is the question.

Is it for frame that need rework will get them when reworks comes out? Or was it some other time?

Volt's rework is nice, but I was hoping they could buff some general stats as well.

7 minutes ago, Aetherial_Enigma said:

I`d say that Volt Primes Prime accessories were much better than Saryns. the sigil is ok, but the Cycuta syandana is a mess. why?

- Tacky textures that are really ugly to look at.

-messed up tints that aren`t compatible with any other accessories

at least the Edo Prime armor is useable with other accessories.

Well, perception of beauty is subjective so I try to steer away from that and focus on the quantities of content for each frame. Which is difficult to talk about because like IANOBW said he likes how Volt p looks, but we can't use that as argument because it's more subjective than all else.

But from what I seen the effort DE put on details on each frames, it is plenty evident who is lacking.

Edited by Leoguy

Volt Prime isn't that old as far as I know and saying he is lacking, because his sleek design doesn't fit your taste does'nt sound right. And doesn't normal Saryn have a much more detailed design than normal Volt to begin with?

Frost and Mag could use some love though, who knows they pretty much surprised us with Oberons Skin, maybe they have a surprise again (nobody build 100 Mags or Volts right?)

1 minute ago, lukshu said:

Volt Prime isn't that old as far as I know and saying he is lacking, because his sleek design doesn't fit your taste does'nt sound right. And doesn't normal Saryn have a much more detailed design than normal Volt to begin with?

Frost and Mag could use some love though, who knows they pretty much surprised us with Oberons Skin, maybe they have a surprise again (nobody build 100 Mags or Volts right?)

I never said I don't like how Volt looks, I just find it lacking. And besides, just because their normal version have less details doesn't mean their prime version have to be the same.

And who said I am not building 100 Volt right now :P

(btw Volt is one of the original 8)

Just now, Leoguy said:

And who said I am not building 100 Volt right now :P

Nobody. I'm referring to Oberons Skin, where DE showed us the Skin suddenly, because somebody postet on the forums that he build 100 Oberons.

Maybe I'm understanding it wrong, but 'lacking' doesn't sound like you like his Prime design?

His Prime was the one before Saryn, Trinty and Ash if I'm not wrong. His design isn't that old.

42 minutes ago, lukshu said:

Nobody. I'm referring to Oberons Skin, where DE showed us the Skin suddenly, because somebody postet on the forums that he build 100 Oberons.

Maybe I'm understanding it wrong, but 'lacking' doesn't sound like you like his Prime design?

His Prime was the one before Saryn, Trinty and Ash if I'm not wrong. His design isn't that old.

I am referring to his age as original 8 frames, which is not chronologically the same as the prime release schedule ( because Nova)

Also, there is a thing that when you like something, but still know there is room for improvement for such thing. If I don't like Volt that much, I wouldn't spent time writing about him would I?

3 hours ago, IANOBW said:

Volt Prime's changes are actually very minor. Unique shoulders (which can be removed), an expanded... thing on his lower back and knees, and some gold bits on his ankles, chest and neck. Compare with Ash, who got a completely new set of arms and legs, and the new Vauban, who has seemingly had almost everything changed.

13 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Volt Prime's changes are actually very minor. Unique shoulders (which can be removed), an expanded... thing on his lower back and knees, and some gold bits on his ankles, chest and neck. Compare with Ash, who got a completely new set of arms and legs, and the new Vauban, who has seemingly had almost everything changed.

As a fellow Voltbro, I completely agree with you. It's because we love this fellow that we wish to see him comes with more improvement, abilities and appearance.

1 hour ago, (XB1)a salsa wizard said:

Here is some info, anything will be better than what mag looks like now...

I kinda how she looked. Not the Prime helmet, though.