Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Serious] Have Warframe changed the location of the Velocitus stock?

CorerMaximus

Question

Hello!

I've been trying to farm the velocitus stock since the past few days and according to the wiki, it drops from Montes, Venus (Exterminate). According to a post, it has a rather low drop chance.

I'm asking this (despite the wiki) because let's state conservatively that the chance of a drop of a certain part X is 5.5%; according to probability; the chance of me not getting the drop in a run of 44 is (1-0.055)^44 thats around 8.298499542% (sorry, my brain is on stats mode due to my class schedule this quarter :P ) which is quite low and has led to my initial concern that perhaps the location has been changed.

BY THE WAY- If you know the drop rate for a part Y to P(Y) = 7.5% and want to calculate the probability of you not getting it after doing Z runs, plug this into Google and consider the RNG is being fair-

P(Not receiving part Y) = (1 - P(Y)/100)^Z

Thanks and Best Regards,
CorerMaximus

Edited by CorerMaximus

4 answers to this question

As long as RNG is RNG, doesn't matter how high % it is, as long as it's not 100%, there IS a change you'll never get it.

8.3% of not getting it at run 44 is just hypothetical, but still is a chance to not get it.

No matter how many times you throw a dice, every throw has 83% chance of not landing a 6.

I was wondering the same thing, after at least 60 runs on that node ranking up archwing gear. As long as it hasn't been found elsewhere, though, I might keep trying. I don't need Velocitus at the moment (Imperator and Grattler work just fine for me), but it might be interesting to try it out.

Edited by Maeglin73