Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Silva and Aegis

Altrunchen

Question

So I heard a lot of people saying that the Silva and Aegis weapon was bad because of the stamina drain. Well now that stamina is gone, is it any good? Did they buff it while I was away? Or is it still not worth the forma to craft it?

8 answers to this question

Stamina drain was the reason people didn't like the Silva & Aegis? I thought it was the poopy damage.
Anyways, Silva & Aegis are kinda left in the dust now thanks to the Ack & Brunt, but I hear there's a new Augment Mod coming for the Silva & Aegis, so there's still hope.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

I dunno, I use it a lot and it blocks tons of damage. My Weeping Wounds Corrosive Blast build of it strips armor and crowd controls well with Final Harbinger. Takes ~50(give or take five) hits to kill a level 100 heavy gunner, but it could be worse. It's one of my favorite weapons, even if it's not great for damage.

25 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

Silva and aegis is a status weapon, but one that only hits about 65ish%. With lower attack speed, lower dmg, and at the time, only eleventh storm as a stance, s&a still isn't a first choice for a reliable melee.

Haven't try eleventh storm, but fury and final harbinger is fast enough for me, plus the mobility. 

I really like the Silva and Aegis but the damage really needs a buff.

51 minutes ago, Repligon said:

Now it doesn't block all damage.

And stats are subpar.

Really? Then what's the point of the shield? You'd think this would be the idea tank weapon.

50 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Stamina drain was the reason people didn't like the Silva & Aegis? I thought it was the poopy damage.
Anyways, Silva & Aegis are kinda left in the dust now thanks to the Ack & Brunt, but I hear there's a new Augment Mod coming for the Silva & Aegis, so there's still hope.

Well it looks awesome, but it sucks that it  isn't up to the job.

32 minutes ago, AtoKitsune said:

I dunno, I use it a lot and it blocks tons of damage. My Weeping Wounds Corrosive Blast build of it strips armor and crowd controls well with Final Harbinger. Takes ~50(give or take five) hits to kill a level 100 heavy gunner, but it could be worse. It's one of my favorite weapons, even if it's not great for damage.

Huh, so compared to other weapons how does it stack up? Are you saying that you think it's worth making?

30 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

Silva and aegis is a status weapon, but one that only hits about 65ish%. With lower attack speed, lower dmg, and at the time, only eleventh storm as a stance, s&a still isn't a first choice for a reliable melee.

Dang, so there's really no way to mod it into a viable weapon? Or no matter what is it just a bad idea to have?

13 minutes ago, Deidaku said:

It's ultra underwhelming.

It needs a straighforward damage buff and more damage reduction.....it's a goddamn shield..

Hmm, think I should start a petition to have it buffed? I don't think it'd be that hard or that unpopular of an idea. What do you think?

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Akabane85 said:

Haven't try eleventh storm, but fury and final harbinger is fast enough for me, plus the mobility. 

I really like the Silva and Aegis but the damage really needs a buff.

Alright, think we should make a petition or at least a poll about this? To see if people want it to be buffed?

Just now, Altrunchen said:

Huh, so compared to other weapons how does it stack up? Are you saying that you think it's worth making?

It's definitely worth making, it's so good at controlling enemies that even if it doesn't do a ton of damage, you can easily manipulate them until you've killed them. Even with large groups, the AOE ground-slam that hard-ragdolls makes them easy to pick apart. Plus, the weapon looks awesome. Make sure to get Final Harbinger, though.