Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Ash Prime Build?

(PSN)rockslp

Question

15 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, (PS4)rockslp said:

Was it really? Lel

yea back in the early days three+ years ago, ash would occasionally get stuck above the level, or under. another time you would blade storm then be stuck. still, elsewhere, or unable to perform any action until mission end. It was the way blade storm worked back in the day. They Fixed it several times but it would continue to break and some of the old bugs would resurface and rear their ugly head. But DE smashed em quick. They eventually reworked the hell out of the ability and now he has "clones" and i think its been good for sometime. ive just never revisited ash..

Edit: spelling

Edited by Zhoyzu

Well, there is a reason that saying "Trash Prime" used to get you kicked from chat.

Most ash players just put on max strength/efficiency and headbutt bladestorm endlessly, since this is basically the only thing ash is able to do. It works fine in lower-level or slower-paced missions. Dont waste your time trying to build him for stealth or real AoE damage, there are far better frames for that.

Teleport is also fairly effective, but nobody ever uses it because lulbladestorm.

23 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

yea back in the early days three+ years ago, ash would occasionally get stuck above the level, or under. another time you would blade storm then be stuck. still, elsewhere, or unable to perform any action until mission end. It was the way blade storm worked back in the day. They Fixed it several times but it would continue to break and some of the old bugs would resurface and rear their ugly head. But DE smashed em quick. They eventually reworked the hell out of the ability and now he has "clones" and i think its been good for sometime. ive just never revisited ash..

Edit: spelling

That must've been annoying but funny to friends :)

16 minutes ago, FlyingLlama said:

Well, there is a reason that saying "Trash Prime" used to get you kicked from chat.

Most ash players just put on max strength/efficiency and headbutt bladestorm endlessly, since this is basically the only thing ash is able to do. It works fine in lower-level or slower-paced missions. Dont waste your time trying to build him for stealth or real AoE damage, there are far better frames for that.

Teleport is also fairly effective, but nobody ever uses it because lulbladestorm.

Thanks for the advice and I agree, I like  lulbladestorm more than any other ability he has

I don't use Ash and I hate Bladestorm, mostly because it makes targets invulnerable during animation, but since you're asking for a build, here's how I built it (just to have him ready, in case he gets reworked):

Spoiler

27dBP5x.jpg

It requires just 1 forma, and you don't really need Primed Flow, you can replace it with something else. Also, if you have Body Count on your melee weapon, it seems to hold melee counter for Bladestorm, allowing its damage to snowball to huge amounts (but you're still gonna be watching a movie about Ash instead of playing the game).

15 minutes ago, Helleborr said:

I don't use Ash and I hate Bladestorm, mostly because it makes targets invulnerable during animation, but since you're asking for a build, here's how I built it (just to have him ready, in case he gets reworked):

Hide contents

27dBP5x.jpg

It requires just 1 forma, and you don't really need Primed Flow, you can replace it with something else. Also, if you have Body Count on your melee weapon, it seems to hold melee counter for Bladestorm, allowing its damage to snowball to huge amounts (but you're still gonna be watching a movie about Ash instead of playing the game).

Lol, I'm ok with that, thanks for the build!

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Ash_Prime/t_30_3200020020_5-4-5-13-2-3-34-8-5-49-3-10-57-7-5-256-5-3-392-6-3-479-1-10-481-0-10_481-7-479-7-13-13-49-16-5-9-256-11-392-9-57-15-34-5-f-f_0/en/1-0-37/0

Ignore the polarity, this build focuses mainly on team play. You can use either Naramon Focus or Zenurik Focus. Natural Talent and Constitution can be replaced with Fatal Teleport (finisher animation may not be engaged under certain circumstances, refer to Warframe wikia for more info) and Fleeting Expertise depending on your preference.

Bladestorm build starts losing efficiency in terms of killing enemies in endless mission even with x4 Steel Charge setup, enemies would be invulnerable to ally damage when you or your clones engage attack animation on marked enemy. Allies cloaked by Smoked Shadow buff remains invisible even in Nullifier bubble which is better than Ivara's cloak arrow.

Both Ash and Ivara can cloak allies and 1 shot enemies with Teleport/Sleep Arrows + Covert Lethality Combo. Depending on tileset, team composition and playstyle, one frame may excel against the other one. When it comes to personal survivability, Bladestorm and Teleport>Finisher provides temporary invincibility under risky situation.  

You're in luck - Ash Prime is my main frame and I have 3 separate builds for him.

1 - All Round

This is my favorite build and was really built just for me, but you can use it as much as you want. Mods are maxed unless stated otherwise:

• Steel Charge
  • Vitality
  • Rush
  • Armored Agility
  • Mobilize
  • Intensify
  • Flow
  • Constitution
  • Continuity
  • Streamline

This build is fast, agile, and focuses on his Smoke ability for sneaky work, but also has no downsides and helps everything to a degree. Good for general purpose work and not grinding out anywhere.

2 - Bladestorm

I'm sure you can tell just from the title this is going to be purely power and range built, but there may be a few things you wouldn't expect:

• Steel Charge
  • Intensify
  • Blind Rage (I don't think this one's maxed)
  • Stretch
  • Streamline
  • Flow
  • Transient Fortitude (Don't think this one's maxed either)
  • Fleeting Expertise
  • Vitality
  • Rush (If you have the space)

This build is slow, strong, and designed for Bladestorm and Teleport (Although you'll see that crop up again next build). Bring a weapon with a high Attack Speed stat - it makes Bladestorm faster.

3 - Fatal Teleport

With the most recent additions to the game, a new augment for Ash appeared out of the blue - Fatal Teleport. It is hands down the best augment for Ash I've ever seen, and could be the next Bladestorm. Here we go:

• Steel Charge (What did you expect?)
  • Fatal Teleport
  • Rush
  • Vitality
  • Fleeting Expertise
  • Intensify
  • Stretch
  • Streamline
  • Flow
  • Misc mod for your ideas

I only came up with this build a few days ago so it may not be the most efficient. This build is fantastic, and will do serious damage to any enemy (even a juggernaut) that you teleport to. It's cheap, fast, but to really get the most out of the build, bring a very fast single Dagger with Covert Lethality. This will make your finishers super fast and promotes the 'serious damage' to an instant kill.

Hope any of these helped. Feel free to tweak, they're only guidelines.

12 hours ago, Djolltax said:

You're in luck - Ash Prime is my main frame and I have 3 separate builds for him.

1 - All Round

This is my favorite build and was really built just for me, but you can use it as much as you want. Mods are maxed unless stated otherwise:

• Steel Charge
  • Vitality
  • Rush
  • Armored Agility
  • Mobilize
  • Intensify
  • Flow
  • Constitution
  • Continuity
  • Streamline

This build is fast, agile, and focuses on his Smoke ability for sneaky work, but also has no downsides and helps everything to a degree. Good for general purpose work and not grinding out anywhere.

2 - Bladestorm

I'm sure you can tell just from the title this is going to be purely power and range built, but there may be a few things you wouldn't expect:

• Steel Charge
  • Intensify
  • Blind Rage (I don't think this one's maxed)
  • Stretch
  • Streamline
  • Flow
  • Transient Fortitude (Don't think this one's maxed either)
  • Fleeting Expertise
  • Vitality
  • Rush (If you have the space)

This build is slow, strong, and designed for Bladestorm and Teleport (Although you'll see that crop up again next build). Bring a weapon with a high Attack Speed stat - it makes Bladestorm faster.

3 - Fatal Teleport

With the most recent additions to the game, a new augment for Ash appeared out of the blue - Fatal Teleport. It is hands down the best augment for Ash I've ever seen, and could be the next Bladestorm. Here we go:

• Steel Charge (What did you expect?)
  • Fatal Teleport
  • Rush
  • Vitality
  • Fleeting Expertise
  • Intensify
  • Stretch
  • Streamline
  • Flow
  • Misc mod for your ideas

I only came up with this build a few days ago so it may not be the most efficient. This build is fantastic, and will do serious damage to any enemy (even a juggernaut) that you teleport to. It's cheap, fast, but to really get the most out of the build, bring a very fast single Dagger with Covert Lethality. This will make your finishers super fast and promotes the 'serious damage' to an instant kill.

Hope any of these helped. Feel free to tweak, they're only guidelines.

Thanks for the builds!